Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

Andryah
10.08.2012 , 11:29 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
OK, getting back to the subject at hand, when RWZ have groups of just one class there is a problem. That means that there is not balance. The ideal team would be one of each: Vanguard, Commando, Scoundrel, Gunslinger, Shadow, Sage, Guardian, and Sentinel or their Imperial counterparts. Should groups spec only in one class, that means that it is OPed. Watching a group of just one class type, skyrocket up the ranked charts is a clue. Perhaps a solution would be to have range/cooldown differences in PvP. I don't know, but if it works in a WZ, it should work in PvE.
People are clever. They will always find a way to exploit and aggravate intended playstyle.

On the other hand, a premade group should always skyrocket up the ranks, so maybe it's not that they are playing the same class as much as they are playing it really well as a coordinated group. You may be jumping to conclusions that are not supported by the facts. Personally, I don't know.... but I do feel you need to look at everything in context, and in RWZ.... team play skillz are an important context.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Wraiven
10.09.2012 , 05:48 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I agree.

Wraiven, just because you don't like the changes and for whatever reason cannot adapt, does not make them bad changes. As changes go in MMOs, this set was pretty reasonable and only required minor adjustments to PvE playstyle to get past it and move on. The fact that Bioware did not revert them based on feedback from some players during PTS is irrelevant.... being as it was mostly complaining and demanding they revert it (which it was clear they were not going to do). PTS on the changes was to see the changes in action and make sure it was giving the intended results in changes to game play.

Adapt, move forward. It did not break PvE, it just required some adjustments to play, which is pretty much happens in all MMOs over time.

Look, I know I'm being a bit unreasonable with this. But you know what, if there is a snowball's chance in hell to get this change put back, then I feel it's a necessary evil. I don't want to quit this game...but there is no way I will continue to play a game when they change an ability like this. Nerfs are undesirable, but tolerated but in this case they have completely changed the mechanic of the abilities. This is far beyond a nerf, this is a complete change that not everyone can sit and tolerate.

I will not be quiet about this, I will not roll over and just let this game go to crap. I will fight it, I will be stubborn, I will voice my opinion, and I will not let this go. This is how society is taken advantage of every single day. You do something that society does not like, want them to stay quiet? Call them QQers if they complain, and completely avoid their questions. Sheeple are good at staying quiet. I'm no sheep. I'm a human being.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
10.09.2012 , 06:30 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
People are clever. They will always find a way to exploit and aggravate intended playstyle.

On the other hand, a premade group should always skyrocket up the ranks, so maybe it's not that they are playing the same class as much as they are playing it really well as a coordinated group. You may be jumping to conclusions that are not supported by the facts. Personally, I don't know.... but I do feel you need to look at everything in context, and in RWZ.... team play skillz are an important context.
A well played team in RWZ can skyrocket without having to be all the same class. If a well organized team are all playing the same class, that tells you even more so that something is wrong. It further proves his point, not diminishes it, IMO.
-FIGHT-

lklinga
10.09.2012 , 07:46 AM | #74
OK said it before but here it is again.

The only people that complain about this are the ones that can not play. Cone knock back > 360 since you do not break Stuns and other CC and can control the placement of the mobs for AOE Damage following

So it allows you to use have hitting AOE skills and organize the mobs IF Played correctly.

If you just mash buttons of course you think it is a nerf

Wraiven
10.09.2012 , 08:15 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
OK said it before but here it is again.

The only people that complain about this are the ones that can not play. Cone knock back > 360 since you do not break Stuns and other CC and can control the placement of the mobs for AOE Damage following

So it allows you to use have hitting AOE skills and organize the mobs IF Played correctly.

If you just mash buttons of course you think it is a nerf

I know how to play just fine, thank you. Has nothing to do with knowing how to play, it has to do with preference. I had no issues breaking stuns with it the way it was previously. If you did break stuns with it previously, then that tells me that it is *you* who does not know how to play, and making this a cone instead of an AoE knock back simply caters to your lack of knowledge on how to use an AoE correctly.

Nice try, but you only proved to me who it is here that *really* has no clue how to play. Since you wanted to take it that rout.
-FIGHT-

lklinga
10.09.2012 , 09:43 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I know how to play just fine, thank you. Has nothing to do with knowing how to play, it has to do with preference. I had no issues breaking stuns with it the way it was previously. If you did break stuns with it previously, then that tells me that it is *you* who does not know how to play, and making this a cone instead of an AoE knock back simply caters to your lack of knowledge on how to use an AoE correctly.

Nice try, but you only proved to me who it is here that *really* has no clue how to play. Since you wanted to take it that rout.
Nope sorry.
It allows me to use AOE more often and more effectively since I am in control of the direction. Opens whole new ways how to play that were not possible before. Especially if there is more then one person involved that know what they doing.

I had no issues before the patch really but now I can do things that were simply not possible before.
If someone is too lazy or incompetent to see it ,and try to take advantage of it , that is not my or Bioware problem.

Again Control > 360 If you know what you doing. That is all.

Andryah
10.09.2012 , 09:49 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
A well played team in RWZ can skyrocket without having to be all the same class. If a well organized team are all playing the same class, that tells you even more so that something is wrong. It further proves his point, not diminishes it, IMO.
It proves nothing, other then they wanted to run an all the same class group.

The nice thing about SWTOR IMO, is that classes have more flexibility to play in PvP then the forced cookie cutter PvP of WoW and some other MMOs where there was typically one or two correct groupings to be successful. NOT that ranked warzones are real PvP in my opinion, but that's another topic entirely.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Timias
10.09.2012 , 09:49 AM | #78
If the change to the Sorcerer's Overload is so great, why didn't they change the Mercenary's Jet Boost to a fronal cone "attack"? After all, same function right?

Alduinsm
10.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Timias View Post
If the change to the Sorcerer's Overload is so great, why didn't they change the Mercenary's Jet Boost to a fronal cone "attack"? After all, same function right?
Different classes,different skills combinations. Does Soc have defense cd that lasts 12s? does Merc have force armor,force speed,etc....?
Shin

Ephesia
10.09.2012 , 10:21 AM | #80
The constant whine over the changes is getting pretty abnormal at this point. Control > 360 is something I definitely agree with. I can not stress how powerful the new ability is for Sages and Sorcerers enough, SO LONG as you know how to execute it and when to execute it.

Nerfs and Buffs will come and go. Adapt, people.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst