Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

TimeBandit_Debel's Avatar


TimeBandit_Debel
10.15.2012 , 07:31 AM | #71
For me it is not the time needed to get the gear.

Yes WH gear is endgame pvp gear and it should be hard and time consuming to get. But the problem is the poor matchmaking. Going full recruit against min/maxed gear just isnt fun. You die in 2 seconds.

I recall this one time in voidstar where we were 4 ppl with recruit/BM gear and we couldn't kill fully min/maxed sentinel. He basically 2 shot everyone. Now that isn't fun at all.

And at the dude who thought he was useful in full recruit. I am sorry to break your bubble but you weren't useful as much as you think you were. Even the best pvp player in SWTOR wouldn't be as useful as some average in BM.
You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a Millionaire

cycao's Avatar


cycao
10.15.2012 , 07:47 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by TimeBandit_Debel View Post
For me it is not the time needed to get the gear.

Yes WH gear is endgame pvp gear and it should be hard and time consuming to get. But the problem is the poor matchmaking. Going full recruit against min/maxed gear just isnt fun. You die in 2 seconds.

I recall this one time in voidstar where we were 4 ppl with recruit/BM gear and we couldn't kill fully min/maxed sentinel. He basically 2 shot everyone. Now that isn't fun at all.

And at the dude who thought he was useful in full recruit. I am sorry to break your bubble but you weren't useful as much as you think you were. Even the best pvp player in SWTOR wouldn't be as useful as some average in BM.
I agree, it should take time to acquire the gear. They really need a matchmaking system based on expertise not valor.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.15.2012 , 09:46 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I agree, it should take time to acquire the gear. They really need a matchmaking system based on expertise not valor.
No, too many detours... Just restrict completely WH+ gear/mods on normal WZ. Do not allow it to wear.
But Bioware just dont care! ( )
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
10.15.2012 , 11:08 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.
REALLY???????? It is easy to get PvP gear in this game and I am a casual player. I like earning my gear and I focus on it so what I am getting out of this is "I want a hand out, NOW".
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
10.15.2012 , 11:11 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
No, too many detours... Just restrict completely WH+ gear/mods on normal WZ. Do not allow it to wear.
But Bioware just dont care! ( )
There is only a small slight difference from BM to WH. If you had a clue you would know this.
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.15.2012 , 11:18 AM | #76
Pro tip #327:

If you don't like investing time into a game... don't play MMO's.

Ssfbistimg's Avatar


Ssfbistimg
10.15.2012 , 11:26 AM | #77
too all those who are crying about how hard it is to gear up or how bad the gear gap is...
stop being lazy. we all had to do the gear grind accept now it is way easier then it was at launch. It's way easier then it was at 1.1 I mean seriously I can go from green leveling gear to full BM in my 3 days off of work.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.15.2012 , 11:35 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
too all those who are crying about how hard it is to gear up or how bad the gear gap is...
stop being lazy. we all had to do the gear grind accept now it is way easier then it was at launch. It's way easier then it was at 1.1 I mean seriously I can go from green leveling gear to full BM in my 3 days off of work.
It's pretty bad when you have to tell people to stop being lazy when referring to a video game...

I agree though.... people are so used to getting things handed to them. I doubt any of these people who complain about the grind work a full time job. If they can't deal with grinding gear in a damn video game I doubt they could handle grinding a paycheck in a 40 hour work week.

Anishor's Avatar


Anishor
10.15.2012 , 12:41 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Pro tip #327:

If you don't like investing time into a game... don't play MMO's.
Vertical Progression doesn't mean it's good. Here it's implemented in such a way that bad players can hide behind a gear gap.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
10.15.2012 , 12:42 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Vertical Progression doesn't mean it's good. Here it's implemented in such a way that bad players can hide behind a gear gap.
False.

There are a huge number of bad players wearing war hero gear that would stand no chance against others in recruit gear.

Bad players who are not fully geared use this as an excuse for not excelling... bad players who are geared use class balance as a reason for not excelling. Bad players who are geared and using top tier classes blame their teams....

The list goes on and on but again... your logic is false.

I ran into 2 pubs in the black hole who appeared to be wearing mostly WH gear. Who knows... they could have pulled out mods and put something else in but .... why?

Anyways... Full BM PT with aug's.... roaming the black hole and got jumped by 2 players... with 2 companions... I had only my companion. I slaughtered them both and still had approx 40% of my HP left. Not because I'm some super elite god of SWTOR.... but because these guys were absolutely horrible.

This happens all the time... the general population of this game is really bad. I am easily far above average but it's hardly anything to brag about in this keyboard turning and clicking, fan boy community of casual players.

The gear gap exists.... but the difference between the two is nowhere near where the skill gap lies in the general population of this game.