Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG: No Target msg in Warzones (unable to attack)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
BUG: No Target msg in Warzones (unable to attack)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rystet
10.05.2012 , 02:09 AM | #1
I have been experiencing a very strange bug for a while now on my Sniper.

In Warzones I am suddenly and randomly unable to use any player targeted abilities. Every time I attempt to use an ability I get the red error message text informing me that I have no target. Once it starts it usually persists for the remainder of the Warzone, although I will be able to attack intermittently but then it usually acts up again. I have tried reloading the UI, /stuck, nothing helps....

So basically I am completely useless as the only Area abilities I have are my Orbital Strike, Suppression Fire, and my Cover Pule Knock Back... Hardly enough to be of any use in a warzone. In fact I have not started doing rateds on this character because it happens so often that I don't want to risk it costing us a match.

As of right now my sniper is nothing but a liability in warzones, and it makes me not want to PVP on him.

I find it odd that this is the only character that I have experienced it on. It is possibly coincidental, but I would be surprised.
< Catalyst >
Destroying End Game content since 2005.
Visit us at our Website

Tirvaak
10.05.2012 , 02:21 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Rystet,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering this problem. There is a chance that this could be related to a corrupt file in the installation so as a first step I'd like you to run the repair function through the launcher.

Exit the game and open the launcher again. Login as normal but do not press play. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the left corner of the launcher and select repair.

Once the repair has completed, please login to see if the issue is still occurring.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Rystet
10.05.2012 , 02:49 AM | #3
Thank you for the response.

I have actually run the repair multiple times since this problem started.

I did not run it specifically for this bug, but I am also one of the people that has been plagued with the stuck loading screen. The loading screen issue seems to be mostly resolved for me, it still randomly happens once in a while when trying to log into characters on the fleet.

While trying to resolve that issue I ran the repair multiple times in the last week. The "No Target" problem on my sniper has persisted even after running the repairs.
< Catalyst >
Visit us at our Website

Tirvaak
10.05.2012 , 03:08 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Rystet,

Thanks for replying and confirming that for me. Does this happen in every warzone? Is there any specific action you are doing when it happens? Have you recorded a video of the problem by any chance, as I would be interested to see exactly what is happening when this occurs?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Rystet
10.05.2012 , 03:21 AM | #5
This does not occur in every single warzone, but it happens frequently. It feels like 1 in every 4 warzones or so, but sometimes I will get 2 or 3 in a row with issues.

I do not currently have any video footage, and have not been able to link it to any specific event or ability.

I will try to fraps some games, get some of it recorded and ill pay closer attention to anything that might be related when it starts.
< Catalyst >
Visit us at our Website

Naplm
10.05.2012 , 04:46 AM | #6
This odd instance occurs everytime for me when I am doing great in WZ, it is really weird. Sometimes /stuck fixes it, sometimes not, I just have to hope I get killed and ported back to spawn zone. I think it has got something to do with latency, FixLauncher has been used several times, I actually run it thru everytime new Patch comes out, just in case.
I encountered this problem for the first time after transfers, it has gone better I believe but it still happens sometimes.

LeenPonyD
10.02.2013 , 02:11 PM | #7
I have reinstalled three times, reformatted twice and I'm still having this issue on my sniper and assassin tank, but it's happening in PvE. No one will respond to tickets or petitions.

I have created a thread for it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685192
Zia Jedisbane of < Interdictor >
http://SeeYouNextTuesday.GuildLaunch.com
The Bastion US WEST PVP
"We would be honored if you would join us."