Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a fix for this problem?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skorz
10.05.2012 , 01:36 AM | #1
Started since 1.4:
http://i.imgur.com/F7dXt.jpg

Not that it bothers me that much but I am trying to record some videos and it shows on those as well.

Tirvaak
10.05.2012 , 01:57 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Skorz,

What mode do you currently have the game displaying in? (fullscreen/fullscreen windowed/windowed)

You can also check the scaling options set by either the Nvidia or Catalyst control center(depending on your card) for your monitor to see if this may help.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Skorz
10.05.2012 , 05:06 AM | #3
I currently use fullscreen windowed mode but I've tried all the options including the scaling options but the problem still exists. My video card is Radeon HD 6850.

Tirvaak
10.05.2012 , 06:38 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Skorz,

Thanks for trying that, Id like to take a look at your DxDiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.
Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)

Thanks.

Skorz
10.05.2012 , 07:10 AM | #5
Spoiler

Tirvaak
10.05.2012 , 07:47 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for that Skorz.

Does this only appear on loading screens? If you are able to see this all the time, when did you first notice it?

Thanks.

Skorz
10.05.2012 , 09:32 AM | #7
It only appears on loading screens and sometimes on cutscenes.

Oyranos
10.05.2012 , 11:04 AM | #8
I believe all have this, so its a game thing.. I have it from day 1 to Never considered it as a huge problem though.

Valethar
10.05.2012 , 05:50 PM | #9
That's been around since Beta actually. It's a result of how they hide the game behind one of those loading screens while everything is preloaded, etc... Unfortunately, the 'cover' if you will, doesn't fit properly and things from the active window behind it bleed through around the edges.

I lost count of how many times I'd transition from one place to another (Quick travel, ship, planet loading, etc..) and actually see where I'm going, with the character standing there, then have the loading screen cover it all up while textures, etc load and the game does whatever it does before letting me actually move.

Probably just a matter of resizing the image so that it's a few pixels wider on each side.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Kiryan
10.05.2012 , 06:10 PM | #10
It's been there since around 1.2 or so, at least for me. I also play in Fullscreen Windowed.

Radeon 5770 here.