Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Force Wave similar to Force Push...and I love it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Force Wave similar to Force Push...and I love it.

Altheran
10.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #11
So I puzzle you.

My prior Force wave was something usless because of timing, low radius of effect and low pushback effect. Now it is useful.

DarthFamine
10.08.2012 , 12:22 PM | #12
Frankly it's terrible.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

DunderMiff
10.08.2012 , 08:11 PM | #13
Yeah I don't know why people prefer the old 360 effect as opposed to the new cone. First of all, let's say you are surrounded on all sides, the 360 push back gets them off of you for like a total 3 secs then they are right back on you, and it was limited to a very small radius. In my opinion, it was not very useful, except to give you a few secs breathing room. At least with the cone, it has a vastly increased range, so in cases like huttball, it can be used at a greater distance to push people off rafters or into acid, and is Voidstar or Civil War it is an awesome interrupt for when people are trying to cap. It is so much more useful now.

DragooGC
10.08.2012 , 10:28 PM | #14
Not to mention it is zero force cost , instant cast, and can be directed so as not to break a CC. I have seen an increase is damage it does to. I am doing damage from 800-1k damage to everything in the cone. In addition, with the increased range it makes it easier to knock the trash off the tank or healer.

Don’t get me wrong there are times when the 360 would be nice.
I personally feel that with it being a zero force cost, able to direct it, increased damage, and instant cast.
Lost one aspect and gained four.
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM

Quraswren
10.09.2012 , 08:19 AM | #15
I don't care for the new force wave either.

Timing was never a problem. The direction I pushed someone was never an issue. The range was never a problem and since BW didn't increase the distance force wave actually moved someone its only real benefit we got was being able to hit someone farther away from you.

That however, doesn't make up for the loss of a 360 degree affect.

Overall, It's a terrible change and I'd go back to the old one if it was at all possible.

planet_J
10.09.2012 , 08:32 AM | #16
I also preferred the old force wave...

lklinga
10.09.2012 , 09:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
Reducing from 360 to a cone is a huge nerf. Huge. Anyone that cant see it and is actually happy about it puzzles me...
Because it gives people what they did not have, control of the direction that is HUGE how can someone not see this puzzles me as well.
Think what to do with this in both PVE and PVP

planet_J
10.09.2012 , 06:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
Because it gives people what they did not have, control of the direction that is HUGE how can someone not see this puzzles me as well.
Think what to do with this in both PVE and PVP
Like push 1-2 of the 4-5 mobs away from you...particularly your elite target?

If I use it...I want *everything* off of me...sure it has situational uses...but the old one had FAR more utility in general.

Abuelo-Jedi
10.22.2012 , 01:26 PM | #19
I guess it's kind of split... Personally I really like the new force wave. I definitely feel like I have more control with it, being able to direct it specifically at certain enemies. Especially if enemies close in on my healer, that's serious business.

RGMetal
10.22.2012 , 06:34 PM | #20
I love it, for one thing it goes off when you push the button, not .5seconds later. Way more consistent effect.
<The Core>
Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí / Verdandí / Musashí

Referal Link.