Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Even out the classes!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Even out the classes!!!

Kyzic
10.04.2012 , 08:37 PM | #1
I have 4 50s and I have spent my time learning to play each one of them effectively. But when I play my gunslinger vs a assassin/shadow, marauder/sent, or guardian/juggernaught I have no chance. Especially with the new changes to the shadow/assassin tree that drop force speed from 30 secs to 20 secs you have now given them virtuely unable to be snared or rooted. Almost every assassin/shadow now runs with some kind of tank build simply because you have made the tank classes so powerful that dps classes hardly do any dmg against them but they still deal out the same out of dmg as a pure dps class.

My gunslinger used to be able to dispatch a marauder pretty effectively but now with the amount of dmg they put out and a gunslinger's roots being nearly ineffective you made them into a commando that wears medium armor. The biggest thing is a marauder/sent get a better combat stealth than any of the classes that can actually stelath. Come on a marauder/sent shouldn't be able to go into stealth and walk up on a ranged class without being able to be detected at all plus having only a 45 sec cooldown that is less than half of what the actual stealth classes have on their combat stealths. Plus it gives them 50% dmg reduction heck all they need to do to be is stealth walk up on a ranged class start beating the crap out of them and if they do manage to get low just pop their 99% dmg reduction which will easily last until they dispatch the target.

When it comes to a juggernaught it is impossible to keep them away from me. You give gunslingers a stun that has a 4 meter range which is a joke right? I mean by the time we use dirty kick and try to run any class that can charge will just charge to you and if you do manage to get a little distance and get into cover you are barely any distance from them and they have very little room to go before being right on top of you again. Couldn't gunslingers get a 30 meter stun that actually suits their class? You were able to make flash grenade into a 30 meter ability but you couldn't make an ability that allows for gunslingers who are purely a ranged class have a 30 meter stun but you could do it for a VG and commando. I mean you are allowing a tank class that wears heavy armor to pop out a 5k AOE without even thinking twice. And this goes right with PT/VGs too a heavy armored class that is capable of out damaging a dps class in almost every situation and being able to survive longer because they can take the hits. And I do know from experience because I have a VG and he out dmgs my GS who are both equally geared. And this doesn't just because I die on my gunslinger a lot this is for almost any dps class who shouldn't be getting out dmged by a tank class that is mostly spec'd into the tank tree.

Another terrible decision was taking away the consular/inquistor's 30 meter stun. You now allow one 2 classes to have a 30 meter stun and that is it.

Simply fix the classes why do you think you lost so many subscribers. I love the game but the classes are completely falling apart. Please get it under control.

I know almost all of you will disagree with me but most of you that will disagree can't deny you don't play one of these classes I am discussing. And I will admit I may be wrong about pieces of it but we all know the classes are not balanced and only certain builds are worth having in pvp anymore and if you don't use one of those builds you are going to struggle.
KELINUR - 50 SHADOW ~ LOSK - 50 VANGUARD
MOR'TYM - 50 GUNSLINGER ~ KYZIC - 50 SCOUNDREL

cycao
10.04.2012 , 08:52 PM | #2
Wow.

Ok.

Wow.

You play 3 of the best classes in the game...I always hate to say this but L2p perhaps.

If this is going when im sober in the morning ill provide detail.

AboB
10.04.2012 , 08:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyzic View Post
. . .I know almost all of you will disagree with me but most of you that will disagree can't deny you don't play one of these classes I am discussing. And I will admit I may be wrong about pieces of it but we all know the classes are not balanced and only certain builds are worth having in pvp anymore and if you don't use one of those builds you are going to struggle.
...and?
Other than rock, paper, scissors, name one fully balanced PvP game.

grallmate
10.04.2012 , 09:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Wow.

Ok.

Wow.

You play 3 of the best classes in the game...I always hate to say this but L2p perhaps.

If this is going when im sober in the morning ill provide detail.
What he said.

You know nothing about any of those classes. My sniper destroys PTs, Juggs and Maras. If they get close it becomes dicey but you have to tools to deal with it.

There are no 30m stuns anymore, only 30m mezzes that break on damage. Longest stun range is 10m now, if anything that should HELP your 'Slinger.

Pro tip: if you see a Mara run towards you and pop stealth: drop a XS Freighter Flyby on yourself and get ready to pop dodge when they start to Ravage.

Jenzali
10.04.2012 , 09:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyzic View Post
But when I play my gunslinger vs a marauder/sent I have no chance.
Gunslingers are pretty much the hard counter to Marauders/Sents. You shouldn't be having trouble with them.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

AshlaBoga
10.04.2012 , 09:19 PM | #6
This is going to sound weird, but as a Sorc healer I find the easiest class for me to go up against 1vs1 is a Gunslinger/Sniper. Why is that?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Ardim
10.04.2012 , 09:24 PM | #7
Alright, I have a few things to say.

For one thing, perfect class balance is virtually impossible to achieve. And besides, this game is actually pretty decently balanced (In my opinion, of course. You're welcome to disagree).

Another thing. Every class has a different fighting style and/or role that works as long as you use it right. I rarely have trouble in battles because I know the pros and cons of every class (Then again, admittedly, I've technically played every single class in the game) and thus I know how to counter them.

Everything is viable as long as you're able to adapt and use different tactics.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

HelinCarnate
10.04.2012 , 09:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
This is going to sound weird, but as a Sorc healer I find the easiest class for me to go up against 1vs1 is a Gunslinger/Sniper. Why is that?
Becuase you fight bad ones?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Solarenergy
10.04.2012 , 09:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
You're one strange sorc then!
I find it is easier to kill sages/sorcs than any other class with my sniper, especially the healers since their dps is so low. Of course they will try to heal themselves, but I can easily out-dps their heals, I feel it's part of my job as a sniper to do that. Next easiest for me are the marauders/sentinels. Probably 3/4 of all the solo kill medals I've ever gotten are from killing a marauder or sentinel. It's because we're built to be their kryptonite. Many times I've kept them at distance through roots/stuns/kbs that I've killed them with over half my hp still intact. Looking back now, it's hard to believe I actually used to fear them back when I was a very young and inexperienced sniper, and I panicked when I saw lightsabers waving around, but that was so long ago.
The only time I have trouble with them if they use their cheap Houdini trick which is the only thing I think is OP about them. The only classes I really have trouble with as a sniper are assassins/shadows and dps scoundrels/ops. If there are two or more of them on an enemy team and they notice me, it can really make my warzone hell.

warultima
10.04.2012 , 09:41 PM | #10
On my slinger sorcs/sages are tasty treats that sometimes hand me 4 medals in 1 kill. (2.5k damage, 5k damage, killing blow, 1v1). It's even funnier when they dont LoS me and tries to damage trade with me, I can kill them thru 2 fresh bubbles, and a critical unnatural preservation heal and a WZ Medpack before I had to pop my WZ medpack.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |