Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm a crappy pug

Solarenergy
10.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #121
"I'm in Voidstar and I'm defending a door. Look there's a guy running towards here, I'm going to leap to him and start hacking away with my lightsaber and smashing him till he dies, because I'm a great defender. Wait, he's running away from the door now. What the hell? Coward! OMG, look how far he's going, all the way to that area in the dark corner where no one goes. Wow, this guy is so afraid of me he keeps running. Come back here noob, you can't escape my wrath! I'm going to follow you till I kill you and get my assassin medal for your easy kill."

"The west bomb has 20 seconds left until detonation".

Yeah it's just hilarious how far you can lead some people away from the door/turret so your team can cap. Sometimes I'll keep running just to see how far they go to follow me, and many times they will leave that door or node far behind them and follow, it never dawns on them that I'm deliberately leading them away so the stealth I brought with me/other teammates can cap. It's a strategy that doesn't fail very often.

Banderal
10.10.2012 , 10:26 AM | #122
I've managed to pull this off on my Sent a few times...
"Hey, that glowstick guy just lept at me and then vanished!? I guess the one attack I got off must have hit critical and killed him! No way he's popping out of his emergency stealth right behind me and planting on the voidstar door while I face away from it."
I still try it once in a while, just in case.

Pyrinoos
10.10.2012 , 10:43 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by RGMetal View Post
Anyone else reading these hear the "Mayhem" guy from those Allstate commercials in their head?
I wasn't. But now that I'm done laughing my head off I'm going to read the rest of the thread with his voice in my head.
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | Koráh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> Lamęch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

Xena_Shepard
10.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #124
Even though I'm an Operative/Sniper/Mercenary/Powertech/Sorcerer I grab the huttball and refuse to pass it to the Juggernaut/Marauder/Assassin who is clearly open in front of me and could easily score a goal. I'll die valiantly trying to score the goal myself, and be the hero of the team!

Nobody will ever come to this door/turret I'm defending by myself, it'll be OK to look at Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit for just a second.

There's a guy capping that node/door right in front of me in the heat of a large melee, surely someone else will stop him, I'll keep chasing this Operative/Scoundrel healer I can't put a dent in.
The Shadowlands
<Death-Sentence>
4/5 NiM DF
Ashanis

<unLimited>
2/5 NiM DF
Asharis

Jaiyne
10.10.2012 , 11:00 AM | #125
If I bubble/heal/support my teammates in any way, it uses too much force. I'll continue to throw pebbles at the red guys because it's uber. They'll respawn fast anyway and we can hold this node 2v6 no problem while they speeder back!
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

Ghostuka
10.10.2012 , 11:54 AM | #126
Okay, I am pretty sure I have a winner for this one.

Civil War: 2-6-0 spread at the beginning, snow/east capped easily and the reps cap grass/west and we are fighting over mid. One of the defenders in snow/east come mid for help and there is a single tank stanced Jugg guarding snow. We fight back and forth and just as we are capping mid, we start getting screams in the ops chat.

"W T F why is snow unguarded???"
"Snow is unguarded? There was a jugg there!"
And someone says: "There are 2 reps capping, and our jugg is waaaaay far away".

Apparently, when he saw 2 reps closing in, the solo defender did not feel like he could type "snow 2" or just "help snow" (it is bad but even that would be acceptable). He could do one of the very very bad things and try to fight them off without calling. But what he did is even better: As soon as he saw 2 guys coming, he turned around and ran away from the node and let them cap it.
When we asked why he did not call or did not fight, this is his response:
"IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR LEAVING ME ALONE THERE. What was I supposed to do, fight 2 guys at the same time???"

So, needless to say, a lot of angry responses followed afterwards. And to make things even better, the dude from that point on switched to a guarded node and stayed there and did not, I tell you, DID NOT participate in combat unless he was attacked. I was guarding mid, 3 people came in. The dude was there and he just stayed out. I called 3 people, and defended against them until the help arrived.

That.... Right there.. Is the best PUG... Ever. Too bad I don't remember his name but I am sure I will recognize him if I end up with him again.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

Technohic
10.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #127
"Hey. I am going to guard snow here with these other 2 guys. Oh, grass has incoming; im going to stay here at snow with these 2 guys. Oh wait; those guys are running to grass. I better follow them."

Shuno
10.10.2012 , 12:30 PM | #128
Is it just me or does most of this "advice" seem like good ideas?

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

Dorpire
10.10.2012 , 03:21 PM | #129
Im so bad I have to join a premade to win.....

Apaolo
10.10.2012 , 03:32 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorpire View Post
Im so bad I have to join a premade to win.....
I'm so mad that others have friends to group with.....