Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm a crappy pug


Solarenergy's Avatar


Solarenergy
10.07.2012 , 01:25 PM | #111
About the sorc who is dps in a team with no healers...when you aren't specced far enough in the healing tree, healing is very difficult/inefficent in substantial amounts. Longer activation times, plus pushback...it's not like they can make much of a difference healing. I have a scrapper scoundrel with only 3 points in the healing tree and all those points do is increase cunning. Don't expect me to stand there and heal when you have no healers just because I have two heals that by the way, consume a lot of resource and don't give me upper hand so I can use the second heal...so yeah I just had to say that, because (though this has only happened a once), I've been yelled at for doing DPS and not healing...when I was just doing my job by killing the enemies, since my scoundrel is NOT a damn healer. Just because a class has a healing tree, it doesn't mean I rolled it so I could try healing/be a healer, etc. If you have the ball and you're close to the line, and I'm standing behind you, sure I'll give you a couple of underworld medicine shots to keep you alive so you can cross the line...but that's pretty much it.
On the flip side, there have been some who've yelled at my sorc (who is fully heal specced) for not doing DPS...

UncleOst's Avatar


UncleOst
10.07.2012 , 02:02 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by olemanbourbon View Post
in Voidstar:

Player 1: Right!

Player 2: No, Left!

Player 3: West!

Players 1 and 2: WTH, where's West?
Watched an argument between 2 teammates in voidstar.
One guy said plz call incs east and west.
Next guy says why not right and left.
The argument continued as match began...

You can imagine what happened next...30 seconds go by...swereing in ops chat... 2 people leave match.




The good warzone groups you occasionally get, are godsends.

Entropicus's Avatar


Entropicus
10.07.2012 , 07:01 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
About the sorc who is dps in a team with no healers...when you aren't specced far enough in the healing tree, healing is very difficult/inefficent in substantial amounts. Longer activation times, plus pushback...it's not like they can make much of a difference healing. I have a scrapper scoundrel with only 3 points in the healing tree and all those points do is increase cunning. Don't expect me to stand there and heal when you have no healers just because I have two heals that by the way, consume a lot of resource and don't give me upper hand so I can use the second heal...so yeah I just had to say that, because (though this has only happened a once), I've been yelled at for doing DPS and not healing...when I was just doing my job by killing the enemies, since my scoundrel is NOT a damn healer. Just because a class has a healing tree, it doesn't mean I rolled it so I could try healing/be a healer, etc. If you have the ball and you're close to the line, and I'm standing behind you, sure I'll give you a couple of underworld medicine shots to keep you alive so you can cross the line...but that's pretty much it.
On the flip side, there have been some who've yelled at my sorc (who is fully heal specced) for not doing DPS...
My smuggler isn't specced for heals either but if using all my resources to keep 1 person up that is doing something g for the win. I'm all for it. Then I can throw down my CCs and vanish. I love ditto right around a corner throwing heals to a guy tanking 3-4 people and them never realize it.

For content.

"I have to use every stun and soft CC, and slowdown on killing one person rather than using it to open a window to cap. Or save it to help someone else cap. Also I will only use my interrupt on healers because why would I waste it on a dps? They don't have any healers? Well cool that just saves me a button press. Not like stopping that Orbital Strike on the node/door will do any good.
When I run, I am running as if I am running towards someone attacking my family. When I lift, I am lifting the weight that is about to crush my child. Every workout you do is preparation for a time where it really matters. If you do not train like someone's life depends on you, what will you do when one does?

Sztoid's Avatar


Sztoid
10.10.2012 , 03:08 AM | #114
You mean I actually have to work for a win?! *Leave Warzone*
I'm too good to be in a bad team. *Leave Warzone*

That one person with low gear made us all play bad..."thanks for the loss noob!" (apparently his presence made the buttons sticky and the mouse stop responding)

HUTTBALL : Alright! I got the ball! Now, to show everyone what I'm made of...better fight my way to the endzone....

CW/NC : Sure is quiet here on this node. I think the other team forgot about it. I better go help out mid...

VOIDSTAR : Oh no, the door blew up. I'm going to join the other half of the team and hold these 1 or 2 guys from making it to the next room...

Medestrato's Avatar


Medestrato
10.10.2012 , 05:04 AM | #115
Huttball rulebook
- This game is a team deathmatch
- The ball I have dies with me
- CC'ed enemies needs to be set free
- Chase every enemy until he's dead
- The best defending position is on the edge of the pit
- You score by hitting an enemy with the ball
- Filling the resolve bar of every enemy is a must
- Never run ahead of the ball carrier - it's bad luck
- 0:1 is a lost cause, leave this match immediately
- If someone passed you a ball throw it back to him

mrdert's Avatar


mrdert
10.10.2012 , 08:05 AM | #116
Hey look! That guy ran ahead of me in hutt ball. He's trying to clear me a path by stunning/ mezzing the enemies. I should ABSOLUTELY lay down my AOE and make sure they're dead before going any further. Crap! How dare these guys not fall dead instantly in my AOE?! Guess I'm going to have to stun them again...

THESE GUYS MUST BE HACKING!!!! I stunned them again, but none of them are stunned. CHEATERS!!!!!


What's that little white bar by all their portraits? THIS TEAM IS FULL OF NOOBS; I QUIT!!!!!!!
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
10.10.2012 , 08:11 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Medestrato View Post
Huttball rulebook
- If someone passed you a ball throw it back to him
I'm totally going to do that in a sub-50 for the lols. Did bioware give me an emote of a :| smiley so I can stand there and do it to them right after I throw it back?


"Hey, I filled their resolve so now you won't be able to push them off the catwalk ahead of you. You're lucky I am here."

Jaiyne's Avatar


Jaiyne
10.10.2012 , 08:13 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Medestrato View Post

- The ball I have dies with me
Comedy gold.
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

Solarenergy's Avatar


Solarenergy
10.10.2012 , 08:41 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
Hey look! That guy ran ahead of me in hutt ball. He's trying to clear me a path by stunning/ mezzing the enemies. I should ABSOLUTELY lay down my AOE and make sure they're dead before going any further. Crap! How dare these guys not fall dead instantly in my AOE?! Guess I'm going to have to stun them again...

THESE GUYS MUST BE HACKING!!!! I stunned them again, but none of them are stunned. CHEATERS!!!!!


What's that little white bar by all their portraits? THIS TEAM IS FULL OF NOOBS; I QUIT!!!!!!!
Except...that was before 1.4 when cc actually filled resolve and resolve actually did something.

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
10.10.2012 , 09:45 AM | #120
I'm going to tell everyone that they suck and should delete their accounts. I'm going to scream "YOU"RE SO BAD!!!"

At the end of the match, I only have 4 medals and am at the bottom of the list.

Hopefully nobody will notice...
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-