Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoilers* Jedi Knight story, Lord Praven, Darth Angral and the Emporer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*Spoilers* Jedi Knight story, Lord Praven, Darth Angral and the Emporer

CrazyCarpet
10.04.2012 , 04:17 PM | #1
Spoiler

Has anyone else thought this, and if so, WHY NO ANSWERZ BW????!!!!! WHY U NO EXPLAIN?
~The Carpet

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
Because not explaining everything gives you a chance to do something interesting with that info in another story down the line.
Spoiler

Kyriosgundam
10.04.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCarpet View Post
Spoiler

Has anyone else thought this, and if so, WHY NO ANSWERZ BW????!!!!! WHY U NO EXPLAIN?
However the Emperor didnt have to actually destroy his Homeworld Nathema to become as powerful as he is. If you read the book "Revan" yes all ife was wiped out on the planet however, the planet is still there. Also the Emperor found a less destructive way to maintain his power. If you play enough of the JK storyline and get Kira Carsen to open up more you will learn all this.
Spoiler
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

OldVengeance
10.04.2012 , 05:00 PM | #4
I'm pretty sure that Praven and Angral's actions were unrelated to The Emperor's ritual. In both cases, Angral was concerned specifically with doing something to hurt the Jedi Knight specifically. There doesn't seem to be any mention of any similar ritual as in the Emperor's plans.

Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 06:04 PM | #5
The actions are completely unrelated. Praven planned on using the Republic experimental superweapon The Shock Drum to destroy Tatooine. Angral's actions were intended on revenge against the Hero of tython over the death of his son.

But the Emperor, now his actions are completely different. His plan was secret to pretty much everyone, excluding Scourge. His plan was bad for everyone and was in no way related to Angral or Praven's actions.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 06:21 PM | #6
There's no such thing as absolutes in fiction. Don't you guys watch television? It could be related, it could not be related, and it could become related somewhere down the line. I agree, it was probably just Angral, but we can't know unless we read the writer's minds.

Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 06:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
There's no such thing as absolutes in fiction. Don't you guys watch television? It could be related, it could not be related, and it could become related somewhere down the line. I agree, it was probably just Angral, but we can't know unless we read the writer's minds.
Actually they are unrelated. It is proven that the war is a farce. A cover to give the Emperor time to achieve his ultimate goal. And the Sith are just his pawns, they have no idea what he's planning.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 07:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually they are unrelated. It is proven that the war is a farce. A cover to give the Emperor time to achieve his ultimate goal. And the Sith are just his pawns, they have no idea what he's planning.
You're taking my post way too seriously. My point was that writers can do anything so we can never state things in absolutes because even if that appears to be true and actually is true now, it might not be true a year from now.

Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 08:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
You're taking my post way too seriously. My point was that writers can do anything so we can never state things in absolutes because even if that appears to be true and actually is true now, it might not be true a year from now.
That's true, but I don't think they will bridge those gaps in the future. Praven was using the Shock Drum for reasons I can't remember. Angral was getting revenge for his son. The Emperor's plan was completely different. I don't think they will connect those actions, but if they do they'll have to make a good explanation as to why.

AshlaBoga
10.07.2012 , 01:03 AM | #10
Since Angraal was answering to the Emperor who was well aware of his plans I doubt that he intended to betray him. True Lord Scourge managed to lie to the Emperor's face for 300 years, but Scourge had to kill the
Spoiler
to convince him of his loyalty.

I doubt that the Emperor would have been inhabiting Kira and not noticed, "you know, I can detect the the same dark side patterns that were present in my consumption of Nathema, so I'm going to kill Angraal now."
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption