Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eventual Story End

NSStember
10.08.2012 , 11:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
As an example of the span of time involved and the amount of history it can encompass, 1,500 years ago, in our own world, Mohammed had yet to be born. The Western Roman Empire had fallen within the past fifty years. England as a unified kingdom would not exist for another four hundred and fifteen years. By any historical standard, that is a long time.
Except for the fact that 1500 years ago we were hurling spears at each other. 10,000 years can pass in the Star Wars Galaxy and technology will have only changed a little bit, if at all.

sithgreyguard
10.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #12
I dont think you would need to kill all sith. You could imprison them or they could go into hiding again.

BenjaminminU
10.08.2012 , 01:38 PM | #13
In my opinion, i think that the empire and the republic will eventually merge, but in order to do so, the sith will be taken out of the picture. So i suspect that with the Emperor's death, a power struggle will emerge in the empire with members of the dark council fighting for power. After they fight amongst themselves i believe the military and the citizens of the empire wouldn't be able to be controlled by what is left of the sith, a new treaty could then be forged between the republic and the empire, without the knowledge of the sith. Enabling the republic to step in and wipe out the remaining sith, and then the imperial controlled worlds could then join the republic.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

errant_knight
10.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #14
People have Sith characters. I can't imagine them ending the game by killing those characters off.

Temeluchus
10.08.2012 , 04:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
I dont think you would need to kill all sith. You could imprison them or they could go into hiding again.
The OP is a bit off when he said that all the Sith in the Empire have to die to fit with the canon. Darth Ruin's forces begin with the 50 Knights that fall with him and pockets of Sith that are leftover from this Empire.

As it's been brought up earlier, all we know is this current Sith Empire is gone by the time Ruin comes around, what we don't know is if it is defeated,wiped out,absorbed by the Republic,defeats the Republic and overthrows the Emperor and DC and becomes a new Republic or some other crazy scenario. The time period just hasn't been fully developed and there is a lot of wiggle room.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

ZeroXV
10.08.2012 , 08:34 PM | #16
Well we know what the fate of the Empire will be somewhat like other have said we do not know the how and why it fell. As for the Sith characters who to say they die with the Empire it was show somewhere in the EU about a group of Sith crashing on unknow world trap they rebuilded there. They were from i want to say the this Sith Empire or the First Sith Empire i do not know EU i know alittle about except what i come across when i look things up when bored. What to stop any Sith from this Empire from going into unknow space and hiding there and rebuild there powers to control the worlds they my have. Also remember this takes place i want to say 3000 years before the movies could be wrong on time but what does it matter History no matter what tends to be forgotten or misunderstood as age pass by. Old Obi-wan told Luke that the truth we hold dear are from our own point of view when it comes to History that is very true. I would say do not worry about how the game story will end cause in the end it not a big deal just enjoy the game and play let the story come how it will.

Temeluchus
10.09.2012 , 03:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroXV View Post
Well we know what the fate of the Empire will be somewhat like other have said we do not know the how and why it fell. As for the Sith characters who to say they die with the Empire it was show somewhere in the EU about a group of Sith crashing on unknow world trap they rebuilded there. They were from i want to say the this Sith Empire or the First Sith Empire i do not know EU i know alittle about except what i come across when i look things up when bored. What to stop any Sith from this Empire from going into unknow space and hiding there and rebuild there powers to control the worlds they my have. Also remember this takes place i want to say 3000 years before the movies could be wrong on time but what does it matter History no matter what tends to be forgotten or misunderstood as age pass by. Old Obi-wan told Luke that the truth we hold dear are from our own point of view when it comes to History that is very true. I would say do not worry about how the game story will end cause in the end it not a big deal just enjoy the game and play let the story come how it will.
In the first part of your super paragraph(use the space bar and paragraphs man) I believe you are referring to the Lost Tribe of the Sith. They were Sith from the Empire during the Great Hyperspace War who crashed on the planet and were stranded for some time until reemerging on the scene during Luke's New Jedi Order era.

The writers could get lazy and say this is what happens to our Imperial characters but as I said before, large pockets of Sith from this era seem to survive and help to form Ruin's Sith Empire. I'd find it incredibly awful writing if millions of Sith crash landed on different unknown planets throughout the universe and then we discovered by Ruin and convinced to join him.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

ZeroXV
10.09.2012 , 08:18 PM | #18
It was the Lost Tribe that i was thinking of thank for that. As for Thousand's of Sith escaping into unknow space did not mean that. The idea i was thinking on in my first post was something like the number of Sith that escape or went into hiding be around or lower to the number of Jedi that live after order 66. I will admit story wise i doubt it can or will happen also i do not feel it would fit with the current lore.

Totaltrash
10.09.2012 , 09:04 PM | #19
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler

Joshthecook
10.10.2012 , 10:53 PM | #20
Yep, everyone bites it in the end. Think of it this way, imagine someone watching the movies and The Clone Wars in chronological order. What would be the reaction to watching Obi-Wan getting cut down? Three movies, multitudes of episodes, a ton of attachment for the great Jedi Master, only to see him cut down without even putting up a fight. I think half the problem is that we as Star Wars fans have some stability in our expectations on our favorite characters. I know while reading FotJ series, I knew nothing would happen to Luke, Han, Leia, Corran, Wedge, Lando.... I could go on. Even the shock of the event in Vector Prime, l felt fine with it. It brought it back to a sense of reality, that admittedly allows faster than light travel, plasma swords and Gungans.

As far as how it ends and how long the story goes, even in a setting like this, the story must end at some time. Be it the inquisitor killing the warrior, the trooper dying in some hopeless situation, or the smuggler getting offed by a poisoned drink. Maybe they could make the epilogue an optional quest and let us see the fate of our toons if any if we chose. Of course as the way things have been going with this game, BW will probably chicken out and never tell us how it ends, leaving us in a permanent state of war when that final server goes off line.