Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did they break BH arsenal merc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Did they break BH arsenal merc?

Ansalem
10.04.2012 , 12:40 PM | #1
I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links
Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...
http://www.torparse.com/a/27628

Also, after some very sub par parses this morning...only about 1600dps...I switched back to 100% accuracy and it seems to have slightly corrected my dps loss on morning parses. I was chatting with another merc though about hitting the min/max numbers of 285acc,235acc,285 surge and I'm going to test with that as well. Will update with parse, but I need lunch first:P
With the amount of broken stuff with mercs from patch I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up our barrels too:P I mean we already have 3/6 unload shots sometimes 4/6 as it will only do the final offhand shot right now. then the debuffs not giving UL the proper dmg it should be getting. Then tack on RS dmg being completely eratic as well as the 4 pc set bonus being a 50 50 shot if its going to even work for your heat Im surprised more people arent getting random parsing like me. I was tossing up 1950-2k parses before I 'upgraded' 2 mods and my barrel. I just wish bioware would fix stuff

Jurgen-Ferik
10.04.2012 , 02:35 PM | #2
Arse and Pyro are broken beyond repair.
Underpowered Valor Rank 80 Pew Pew Merc.
SWG: Huan the Wookie, Flurry Server

Savro
10.05.2012 , 02:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links
Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...
http://www.torparse.com/a/27628
I don't see the loss, i see a clear improvement:
run with barrel 26: 1863.59; 1710.32; 1690.38. Mean: 1754.76
run with barrel 27: 1845.54; 1856.43 . Mean: 1850.99

looking at the mean dps you gained almost 100 dps (+5.70%)

but 2 mins are too few, you should try with 5 mins runs.

Ansalem
10.06.2012 , 07:48 AM | #4
yeah Ive done some 5 min runs and used different set ups bouncing between the 285 acc, 235 crit, 285 setup and a 100% acc setup and one where I drop acc to 98.52% but boost my crit mult up to 77.42%. the acc/crit build is spikey as hell Im getting parses from 1600-1900...the 100% acc build is giving me something a bit more consistent at around 1750-1850...the 98.52% acc +77.42% crit mult build is slightly off giving me 1775-1875 parses, but all these parses are under what I was doing before the patch. It's frustrating to see that I have upgraded 2 barrels 2 mods and 3 armorings and seen my dps go down.
As it stands right now the most noticeable breaks bioware did to us with the latest patch are as follows.
#1 Unload is not fully functioning for dual wielders. I am either getting 4/6 shots or sometimes on rare occassions it is actually giving me the full shots but its very very rare. so 2 of my offhand shots aren't even happening on most uses.
#2 Barrage proc does not seem to be giving the 25% boost to Unload when it procs anymore. As a result I have seen my max hit unloads drop from just under 4.2k crits to around 3.8k...though occassionally it actually does seem to work as every now and then I get a 4.1-4.2k crit but not nearly as often as I used to.
#3 Tracer lock does not seem to be giving the dmg boost to rail shot everytime...again the dmg is all over the place with this one as I have seen rail shots range anywhere from a 3.3k crit to a 4.9k crit (I might be hitting a DR here from having slightly elevated surge but still testing).
#4 Our 4 piece set bonus that reduces heat cost of rail shot by 8 does not seem to be working (maybe 50% of the time but thats being generous). As a result I am now having heat issues during my rotation and having to use more rapid shots to prevent overheating. As a result of this my dps is of course dropping.
Now for 2-4 I could just be getting some nutty RNG issues, but its becoming clear the more I test that stuff is broken. All these dmg results posted are from self testing on an operations dummy in my ship.

DarkForster
10.06.2012 , 09:09 AM | #5
Above post is 100% correct

Tested & noticed all during 10 5m parses and during PVE encounters.

I've lost a good 200dps on ops dummy vs 1.3 and that's with 1 hazmat implant, 5 agile 27 mods & 2 initiative 27 enchancements replacing 26's.

98.89% accuracy vs 100.24%
999 power vs 1020
21 more aim
Surge same
Crit same minus tiny main stat boost from added 21.

Ansalem
10.06.2012 , 11:21 PM | #6
I'm just wondering if the devs are ever going to acknowledge that there is a problem with the merc skills/talents. It seems like when they went to fix unload for single gun wielding powertechs that they broke everything for the dual wielders. Please can a dev respond to this thread and give us a heads up?

Nezra
10.09.2012 , 10:15 AM | #7
Dominion, They didn't pay attention to my warnings on the PTS in the PTS forums. They didn't pay attention to my bug reports both on the PTS, nor on live, and didn't pay attention to any of the other 10 threads we've made regarding the exact issues you mentioned.

Sadly, while I know we don't get along, but i think we can both agree something is definately off. However, given you tend to run more or less at the same level as i, i do have to ask if you noticed from reading the actual parses, that it's the second mainhand shot of unload that is not receiving the correct damage modifications as the 1st and 3rd.

Accuracy definately appears to have an issue, as while none of my tech attacks miss, at 98.35 i actually have had MH Unload shots miss on both trash and boss fights.

Due to overall bugginess as previously mentioned, i fear i cannot obtain any sort of an accurate count to the affect on my overall dps. As mentioned, with the railshot issue to both damage and not being a "free" ability, and the resulting heat issue, it's exceedingly difficult to fall into any sort of a sustainable rotation without the extreme use of rapid shots. The pure randomness really mucks of the parses.

DarkForster
10.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #8
Tested today after patch , still broken.

Ansalem
10.10.2012 , 09:16 AM | #9
yeah its def a problem with the OH shots. I havent been missing with the mainhand but that 1 OH shot that does go out is a miss about 60% of the time. I don't get what the point of dual wielding is if they are going to give us such low accuracy that even with acc enhancements we can't correct for it. I did notice in last nights HM TFB raid that I wasn't having as bad as a problem with overheating as before but the 4pc bonus is def still broken. I will say this though my unload MH crits were all over the place. I was seeing crits from 3.8k up to just under 4.3k. I think that might be because I have too much surge with my current setup though.

digimass
10.10.2012 , 06:59 PM | #10
sometimes i crunch numbers on the target dummy. I parse chunks here and there, but I knew the armor was broken on 1.4a. I play this game or much less now due to the lack of population... I saw barrage had a issue, and even thought i might have found some odd combo punch that tracer/powershot would proc barrage more than tracer tracer tracer... but in the long run it really didn't end up to much different. I went back to the "spec" with 285/230ish/285 for acc,crit,surg. I haven't put on any of the tfb hm stuff yet, and I know there is a serious lack of love from the rng is its getting fed the wrong numbers.... I can dps better than most because I am a geared pve merc, but I'm seeing a low spot overall since what I could do before.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-5717d65024f5

and yes I do see a bigger problem with heat lately as well in overall play.