Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I believe...

Majspuffen
10.04.2012 , 07:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.
Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...
Any star wars fan's wet dream. The space combat in SWG was a bit slow but my, was it not spectacular.

It's a real shame they are going for the themepark model. They should focus on catering to the star wars fans and not the WoW fans. WoW will always be the king of Themeparks, because of its very very large subscription base. Innovation is what will draw people in, not operations. Or so I believe, no doubt there are loads of people who enjoy PvE in this game and each to their own.

The problem with the Themepark model is that it doesn't expand the endgame. With every new operation, a new currency will come out, and with it you'll be able to buy gear to enter the new operation. Old tiers become trivialized. It's such a bad model. It really shoots itself in the foot. Ultimately, there will only be one important operation at any given time. That's why the themepark model doesn't expand the game.

I did a lot of PvE in WoW, and nothing beats the magic that was TBC. I joined TBC relatively late so when I was looking for a guild, I wasn't looking for a guild that was raiding tier 6, I was looking for a guild that raided tier 4 so that I could progress with them together to tier 6. That magic is gone from the MMORPG world, the magic of always progressing towards something. It's replaced by tedious grind through dungeons and flashpoints that pose no threat to your gear level.

But I can understand all this. It makes the game more accessible. But where is the fun? :/ end game should have scaled horizontally. Would have solved so many problems. But, oh well.

Wall of Text over.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

BuddyRufus
10.04.2012 , 08:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
''For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.''

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.
"Mommy, I want to be an Astronaut when I grow up!"

-Me @ age 6

Plans change
Death Before Dishonour

Ifrica
10.04.2012 , 08:07 AM | #13
As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.
Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...
so you want this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97RVEp1t6Q

sure, you can have it, but i can see the qq already, as happened with the big speeders
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

tiennen
10.04.2012 , 08:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BuddyRufus View Post

-Me @ age 6

Plans change
this post is so full of win. lol.

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 08:58 AM | #15
I always expected that a class story expansion would come a couple of years after launch. Maybe longer. All I really want from them, given the number of class story writers who've been laid off or left, is a statement that those stories are still in the works and haven't been shelved in favor of world stories that are the same for all characters as is rumored. I'm more than willing to wait in order to get stories of the same quality as the first 3 chapters, but I need to know that they're in the pipeline and being worked on actively.

vandana_
10.04.2012 , 09:03 AM | #16
Nothing wrong with this quote, we are now in Q4 of 2012 and there is enough time left for surprises.
Of course, the layoffs and F2P transition slowed down the update plan a bit, but so far I think they are on track again, reorganized, alive and kicking
What about month after month part then?
V'ox

Eillack
10.04.2012 , 09:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
Exactly, anyone else sick of the entitled people who started screaming that there aren't new class stories and planets to explore in the SAME YEAR the game launched? HOW many threads have we seen demanding full expansions starting only 3 months after launch? *** people, seriously ***
^ THIS.

I hate that crap sooooooo much. That is the stuff that cost subs.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Urael
10.04.2012 , 09:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
I am giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. They say they want to release content per 6 weeks, and it feels like they've stacked up a lot of content. 1.4 was a very small patch in comparison to 1.2, but I don't mind it if they can stay true to their own word for once.
If the "content" they release is of the "quality" of Patch 1.4, then I would rather them not release anything at all.

FIX. THE. GAME. FIRST.

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.04.2012 , 09:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
so you want this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97RVEp1t6Q

sure, you can have it, but i can see the qq already, as happened with the big speeders
yeah, looks like that was before the collision model was fixed and ships crashed when hitting the surface. Still looks fun though

But IŽd rather like to have this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdqxid-oCGU

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNbXqrbUG30

utio
10.04.2012 , 09:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BuddyRufus View Post

-Me @ age 6

Plans change
I see you failed to understand what he was trying to say. I could be wrong, but I think he's saying don't get your hopes up. Don't expect too much. Which, ironically, is what a lot of the fanbois are accusing the sceptics of doing. "You're expecting too much, you're too entitled", etc.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE