Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Ghost Option

Diablo_Cow
10.04.2012 , 09:29 AM | #11
I actually like this idea. But inside of being a whole new class I think it should be a race unlock. If the ghost were to become a class it might screw some people over of they became one without knowing the consequences. As a race people could keep their original class while going through the experience of a ghost. The stories will have to be tweaked a bit but all of that can he added into a full blown expansion.

I also thinking the requirements of unlocking it should be higher. The alignment sounds good but the requirements are simply too low. Most people could unlock this either by the time they leave their starter planet or as the land on the capital. Instead new levels of alignment should be added for this unlock. Such as light/dark 6 or even 7. That way most people won't unlock it until they are either at the end of their story or close to it since each level of alignment seems to double the points needed. So for a alignment 6 you would need something like 40,000 and 7 would be 80,000.

This could also lead into racial buffs instea of racial emotes

Logan-won
10.04.2012 , 03:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
I actually like this idea. But inside of being a whole new class I think it should be a race unlock. If the ghost were to become a class it might screw some people over of they became one without knowing the consequences. As a race people could keep their original class while going through the experience of a ghost. The stories will have to be tweaked a bit but all of that can he added into a full blown expansion.

I also thinking the requirements of unlocking it should be higher. The alignment sounds good but the requirements are simply too low. Most people could unlock this either by the time they leave their starter planet or as the land on the capital. Instead new levels of alignment should be added for this unlock. Such as light/dark 6 or even 7. That way most people won't unlock it until they are either at the end of their story or close to it since each level of alignment seems to double the points needed. So for a alignment 6 you would need something like 40,000 and 7 would be 80,000.

This could also lead into racial buffs instea of racial emotes
My only thought would be that it'd be easier for BIOWARE to build new stories on already existing ones, rather than go back and restructure. I agree that unlocking the Force Ghost should be a difficult task.
Bogen/Brodirek/Bogend/Bujindo
The Olórin Legacy

TRIUMPH High Council
REMNANTS OF THE JEDI

Ritsa
10.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #13
How about instead of a character dieing they learn to communicate with the force in a way only a force ghost could teach you. Enabling you to have the same powers but not die. Perhaps this could be part of a new class in a future expansion. being one spec of the new advanced class. To me this would make more sense then to destroy a level 50 character

bioniccommando
10.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #14
I like it Logan-Won. There are definatly a lot of ways to go with a Force Ghost idea! If not a playable character, as I am partial to companions and pets, I would LOVE to see a Force Ghost as either!

Keep thinking outside the box, and maybe someday Bioware will as well!
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

BrigandsAuthor
10.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #15
This is crazy... but I like crazy. It's an idea, and just an idea. I think with a lot of thought and work, this might just work. Maybe the ability to change between normal and ghost?

BrigandsAuthor
Ay'dun--Juggernaut, Brynk--Gunslinger, Guquri--Sorcerer, Hallo-Bludd--Mercenary, Kairrm--Vanguard, Magirr--Assassin, Veb'du--Sentinel, A'kkus--Sniper

Miramoomoo
10.10.2012 , 04:49 PM | #16
Very cool. This is why I don't like reading the suggestion box, because I get exited about things that I can't enjoy now.

mithriltabby
10.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #17
Playing a force ghost could be fun for mentoring a new character when you're at wildly different levels. I wouldn't want to lose my regular character doing so, but it would be neat to be able to have one as an alt that can group up with people without spoiling their XP awards. So maybe make them a legacy unlock that can earn legacy XP, but lacks any actual leveling.

mithriltabby
10.10.2012 , 08:37 PM | #18
So, generalizing: create a new category of Mentor character. These characters do not have an XP track and cannot participate directly in combat, but they can join groups and do indirect things like buffs, debuffs, and perhaps in-combat distractions, and earn legacy XP for being in a group with non-Mentor characters. Mentor characters go through the usual character generator for appearance, with an additional option for adding signs of age (weathering, wrinkles). They can be spectators in any conversation, but never make conversational choices. They can perform out-of-combat revives. They can send and receive mail to your legacy alts, but cannot interact with items otherwise. There can be as many Mentors in a group as there are non-Mentors.

If you reach level 50 in a Jedi class, you unlock the Force Ghost. If you reach level 50 in a non-Jedi class, you unlock the Veteran, an old codger who is too infirm to participate in combat or carry gear and too scrawny to be worthwhile for NPCs to target in a fight.

mourasantos
10.10.2012 , 08:58 PM | #19
Read the idea, loved it.

Expect a lot of negativity from envious posters.

Expect Bioware to read the post, be marginally intrigued, and then discard it completely on account of said negativity.

Rinse and repeat.

Then fast-forward to 1.7 and we'll be dancing around the ready-check/hood-toggle/dual-spec campfire.