Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi im new and i could use some tips.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Hi im new and i could use some tips.

Traxisprime
10.03.2012 , 06:01 PM | #1
So swtor is my first true mmo rpg I started my sith warrior (marauder) a couple weeks ago. My common Knowledge tells me I sould focus on my strength and endurance, is this a smart move and if not what are all the other stats for? Another thing ive been thinking about is if I buy the razer swtor mouse will I still get the crystal, and is a number pad on the side really that helpful? Any help for a noob like me would be appreciated.

THorsblood
10.03.2012 , 06:16 PM | #2
well as a mara Strength is your main stat. Endurance is just for HP, its on almost everything. Str affects everything you do as a Mara. DO NOT stack Willpower, cunning, or aim as a mara, however feel free to grab the datacrons that give these stats as they do give a very very tiny boost, and some lore+something to do when your bored lol. (willpower helps force powers a tiny bit, cunning tech skills, and aim effects ranged attacks)

Now I know this isn't most people preference but my mara's stat's go: *Str>*Power>End>Surge>Crit

This is so my normal hits, hit harder, and my crits hit much much harder. Now with this stat build crits don't happen often However I use annihilation spec, and my bleed's have a much higher crit (guaranteed 6 crits if I beserk)

I also like this stat build with the Rage spec, however on carnage common crits seem the way to go.

Also note i'm not saying this is the best, i'm just saying its what I prefer.

*On my augments I use Overkill (18 power 12 endurance) due to already knowing the schematic and having made them in bulk for my 3 healers.
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Traxisprime
10.03.2012 , 06:26 PM | #3
Thanks I will use that knowledge to work.... now does anyone know about the razer stuff?

KretanMelithorn
10.03.2012 , 06:30 PM | #4
I have a razer naga with the 12 side buttons. Its great. Works really well with key bindings. I don't know anything about the crystal, though.

Traxisprime
10.03.2012 , 06:32 PM | #5
Ive heard the crystal comes with the swtor edition mouse?

JacksonMo
10.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KretanMelithorn View Post
I have a razer naga with the 12 side buttons. Its great. Works really well with key bindings. I don't know anything about the crystal, though.
I've heard of the naga, but what is this crystal?

Traxisprime
10.03.2012 , 06:43 PM | #7
Black-green crystal once you get it you have a vedor on dramund kass.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Star-War..._bxgy_pc_img_y

Traxisprime
10.03.2012 , 06:56 PM | #8
Any advice?

Khevar
10.03.2012 , 07:17 PM | #9
I bought a multi-button mouse, but I found it a bit uncomfortable to use myself (your mileage may vary -- many people have good success with these types of mice).

I ended up going back to my regular mouse and using a combination of keystrokes and a few mouse buttons. I've arranged it this way on all of my different toons and classes, so I don't have to re-remember the keypresses when I switch between alts:

1 - Basic Attack
2 - Strong Attack
3 - Instant Attack
4 - <varies>
5 - Area of Effect Attack
Q - Finisher Attack
Z - Cleanse / Other
C - Aggro Dump
V - Stun
B - Mez
R - Defensive Move
G - Grenade / Other
T - Knockback
Mouse Button 4 - (browser forward) - Interrupt
Mouse Button 5 - (browser back) - Stun Breaker

This allows me to have most everything I do with minimal movement of my left hand, with the right on the mouse.

JacksonMo
10.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #10
The issue I have is my old mouse was actually causing hand cramps. So I switched to a Trackman Marble by Logitech.
It works much better.
It could be my old mouse was simply too small for my hand over long periods. If there was a track-ball version of the Naga, I'd be all over that.