Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Merc Suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Merc Suggestions

DarthBloodloss
10.05.2012 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
1. Reduce cast time on tracer missile slightly. Stationary target needing to fire this several times, just stuck in place too much. Shorter cast would at least give you the chance to move in between a little more often.

2. Proc Barrage a little before the end of the cast of tracer missile. As it is now, I am already started on the next TM many times when I hear the proc for barrage
I'm afraid to suggest the Tracer speed increase because it would affect PvE. But that would be sweet. Each tracer gives a buff that reduces casting by .75s and it can stack 5 times.

But I do agree with the Procs. They should show up sooner so you don't have to guess or take extra measures.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Mossesman
10.20.2012 , 06:16 AM | #22
Got an idea for a nice utility skill for Arsenal/Gunnery.
Kinetic Shield
Ammo Cost - 4
Cooldown - 2 mins

Creates a shield with 5mins radius which roots you in place but prevents enemies from entering for 6 seconds. Friendly players are able to enter the shield.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Onymus
10.20.2012 , 11:18 PM | #23
I doubt that any drastic changes will be made to dps mercs. they already do a good amount of damage. Their shortfall and cause of frustration is lack of utility and damage mitigation.

Most of the high damage abilities of Merc are channeled. So I suggest that jet boost also give a speed boost like force speed in addition to knockback. You must still stop to use high damage abilities.

This will give a small amount of utility for huttball and voidstar. You would waste the knockback (sometimes) but could assist in ball carrying and rushing to a door/switch. It will also give a small amount of damage mitigation by helping get out of melee range for a few extra seconds. There are few things more soul crushing than getting killed by a melee in 5 seconds flat because your jet boost did nothing. Yes there are other reasons to die that fast but lets try and focus on the speed boost idea for now.

Having it be a basic speed boost will mean that you will still be affected by roots and snares. So you will have to be aware of your debuffs and not waste it. Lets try not to suggest anything too OP or drastic.

Phasersablaze
10.21.2012 , 12:40 AM | #24
My ideas:

Unbreakable Courage: You are protected from 20% of all damaging abilities. If anyone attacks you with a damaging spell a counter is added making you immune to 40% of all damage. Another damaging attack makes you immune to 60% all the way to 100% protection from damage. Lasts 6 seconds, but every time you are damaged the duration is renewed. 30 seconds Max time up.

Knockback Missile ability: You get one counter making the next tracer missile instant. For 12 seconds all missiles knock the target back 5 meters if the target is closer than 25 meters to you.

Feet Planted ability: for 12 seconds you firmly plant your feet. You cannot be interrupted and you are shielded from 50% of mele damage.

Jetpack Disengage: You are propelled up into the air 15m and everyone within 5m around you gets dust in their eyes and is blinded for 2secs. You hover there and are able to cast spells while mele can't reach you. lasts 8 seconds.

Burning Cylinders: For 15 seconds your bonus damage is increased by 300. (or just make the PT lvl 50 crit ability a bounty hunter ability. There is 0 reason Mercenaries shouldn't share an ability that makes increased chance to crit)

Put the KB back on rocket punch and keep the root...duh

LeonHawkeye
10.21.2012 , 02:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
My ideas:

Unbreakable Courage: You are protected from 20% of all damaging abilities. If anyone attacks you with a damaging spell a counter is added making you immune to 40% of all damage. Another damaging attack makes you immune to 60% all the way to 100% protection from damage. Lasts 6 seconds, but every time you are damaged the duration is renewed. 30 seconds Max time up.

Knockback Missile ability: You get one counter making the next tracer missile instant. For 12 seconds all missiles knock the target back 5 meters if the target is closer than 25 meters to you.

Feet Planted ability: for 12 seconds you firmly plant your feet. You cannot be interrupted and you are shielded from 50% of mele damage.

Jetpack Disengage: You are propelled up into the air 15m and everyone within 5m around you gets dust in their eyes and is blinded for 2secs. You hover there and are able to cast spells while mele can't reach you. lasts 8 seconds.

Burning Cylinders: For 15 seconds your bonus damage is increased by 300. (or just make the PT lvl 50 crit ability a bounty hunter ability. There is 0 reason Mercenaries shouldn't share an ability that makes increased chance to crit)

Put the KB back on rocket punch and keep the root...duh
Great ideas, any one or maybe two would go a long way to making us viable. Sincerely hope something along these lines is added soon, very soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by Onymus View Post
I doubt that any drastic changes will be made to dps mercs. they already do a good amount of damage. Their shortfall and cause of frustration is lack of utility and damage mitigation.

Most of the high damage abilities of Merc are channeled. So I suggest that jet boost also give a speed boost like force speed in addition to knockback. You must still stop to use high damage abilities.

This will give a small amount of utility for huttball and voidstar. You would waste the knockback (sometimes) but could assist in ball carrying and rushing to a door/switch. It will also give a small amount of damage mitigation by helping get out of melee range for a few extra seconds. There are few things more soul crushing than getting killed by a melee in 5 seconds flat because your jet boost did nothing. Yes there are other reasons to die that fast but lets try and focus on the speed boost idea for now.

Having it be a basic speed boost will mean that you will still be affected by roots and snares. So you will have to be aware of your debuffs and not waste it. Lets try not to suggest anything too OP or drastic.
Mobility is definitely a major problem for Commandos at the moment, I like the idea of having a speed boost but having it tied to currently one of our only and main defensive cooldowns would not be a good idea. Concussion Charge/Jet Boost is crucial and fine as it is, what we need are 1 or perhaps even 2 more on demand, clutch abilities to allow the Commando to either be reasonably mobile as to fire off a cast or two or sustain/tank the damage if we are not meant to be mobile; I believe heavy armor and Reactive shield were meant to do this but the reality is that they simply don't, and the long cooldown on Reactive shield when not speced into a tier 5 Talent is just far too high to make it a reliable and tactful skill. We also don't need more Grav Round/Tracer Missile dependancy like abominations, having too many buffs/debuffs/tools tied to one skill is terrible, to be honest we need diversity among our skill set, slightly better for Assault but severely lacking for Gunnery.

Siorac
10.21.2012 , 02:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
Got an idea for a nice utility skill for Arsenal/Gunnery.
Kinetic Shield
Ammo Cost - 4
Cooldown - 2 mins

Creates a shield with 5mins radius which roots you in place but prevents enemies from entering for 6 seconds. Friendly players are able to enter the shield.
That would be horribly, utterly overpowered in objective based PvP. Ranked teams would suddenly stack ranged DPS to quickly kill the Commandos/Mercs who block nodes this way.

skotish
10.21.2012 , 03:35 AM | #27
Thanks op for taking the time to create this thread but they wont listen to us their too busy
creating stuff for their f2p shop my merc gets 2 wz a day and then i cry myself to sleep lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Bluntron
11.24.2012 , 10:43 AM | #28
Hi, My name's Mitchel Ricardo (Seriously that's my BH name) and I'm a Pyro Merc. I have been playing Pyro since EGA, and all I do is pvp. And no I don't have any other alts....Well none that are 50 anyways. Even in full WH, A shiv, force choke etc etc I will watch my HP go from from 100% to about 70%. And I feel like I am being modest here. My thermal lined up with a rail shot...probably does the same amount. In my experience, most classes if they have the same skill level as me, I usually lose. Mara/Jug no contest. A VERY good Op or scoundrel I will get ricked rolled. A decent Sin or shadow, wont win. PT/Vanguards if they know how to play I will lose. Seems like only Snipers and sorcs and same AC classes are the only ones I have a fighting chance against. Now I am not asking to be able to 1v1 everything, if everyone gets little bit of everything than you have another WoW and all the classes are the same just with a different label. BUT I would like to be able to break away from someone jumping on me, I.E in huttball go for the sprint boost and nab the Medpec, or create enough distance to run behind something and spam a few heals onto myself, something. Granted normally I just spam rapid shots and use all my instant abilities to kite as much as possible, but it only seems to affect non jedi classes, My biggest problem I would say is that my knockback can be resisted...what its not bad enough that I cant remove a jedi's slow and they consistently close the gap between him and I? So, either allow me to use Powershot while kiting or buff my knockback or slow affect to a kiteable level and I will be as giddy as a 5 year old on Christmas morning.
and I will /signed the original post on this thread. I thought they were some amazing ideas.