Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Merc Suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Merc Suggestions

Hexdoll
10.03.2012 , 06:56 PM | #11
yeah its unplayable after the "improvements" from last patch.

I mean seriously this is one of the worse blunders in MMO patch history to make a class unplayable.....

gee at least you would of thought they would of amped up the heal spec to make merc players feel they didn't waste their time leveling one.

FrankLee
10.03.2012 , 07:51 PM | #12
Working up WH gear. Was previously getting hit for 1/4 max health by any single big hit, which was crappy but acceptable. Now, I'm getting hit for more like 1/3 of my max health in one attack, and eating several attacks every time I come near melee. Mutliple attackers is a joke, I don't survive long enough to bother with any kind of 'mez one, dot the other' strategy, I'm just dead. My heals in pyro spec are amusingly bad, and my best heals for considerably less health than I'll take in damage while casting it. I can get out of precisely 1 effect every 2 minutes, so timing that is not nearly as important as it used to be.

So yeah, upgrading my gear isn't helping, even at half WH, it's pretty dismal.

Xerain
10.03.2012 , 08:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You know what I thought would be neat?

For merc side; you know how snipers cover, particularly entrench is usefull; right? What if, while shield is up, you could not be leaped at, pulled or stunned and get snare/root immunity including allowing you to move while channeling? Then when shield goes down; back to normal?

Might have to tweak cooldown time for balance after doing that, but just a though. I just look at merc dps, and my issue is not the damage output, but rather the lack of utility along with so many things that stick you in place.
you want 12 seconds of cover with complete CC and interrupt immunity... Are you crazy? In Rift as a Marksman Rogue you got Hit and Run that removed all movement impairing effects and you got to instant cast everything and that was OP'ed as hell.

Slicktime
10.03.2012 , 09:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
you want 12 seconds of cover with complete CC and interrupt immunity... Are you crazy? In Rift as a Marksman Rogue you got Hit and Run that removed all movement impairing effects and you got to instant cast everything and that was OP'ed as hell.
typical marauder reply.... bw please oh please don't buff commandos or nerf marauders.... ii, i, i, i cant win in a fair fight.

cashogy
10.03.2012 , 10:22 PM | #15
dont waste your time with this. the devs dont care
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Henu
10.03.2012 , 10:45 PM | #16
ill be happy with just the last one. Knock back with a 2 second root.

Our DPS output is ok and since getting the interrupt well my 1 v 1 has been heaps better.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

LeonHawkeye
10.04.2012 , 03:05 AM | #17
Great suggestions. Similar thread is up and any and all of the options are not only viable but insightful and desperately needed by DPS Commandos for proper PvP viability. Make sure to not only bump the thread with constructive feedback but to rate the thread a 5 star (can do so by scrolling to the bottom of the replies and clicking "Rate Thread")

Sincerely hope we get some love... proper love. The changes made by Bioware thus far were not only awkward but completely missed the mark.

Technohic
10.04.2012 , 07:27 AM | #18
Switched from pyro merc to arsenal last night feeling that is more mercenary specific

Couple of small tweaks I would suggest:

1. Reduce cast time on tracer missile slightly. Stationary target needing to fire this several times, just stuck in place too much. Shorter cast would at least give you the chance to move in between a little more often.

2. Proc Barrage a little before the end of the cast of tracer missile. As it is now, I am already started on the next TM many times when I hear the proc for barrage

3. Heat signature, power barrier and tracer lock currently seem to stack when the TM hits. Seems like an unnecessary delay when the proc on Pyro activates as soon as you activate unload and as soon as power shot fires. Either make it stack on instant of firing, or have tracer missile projectile move much faster.

Just some very slight things I think would go a long way. The problem with the class is it is sluggish and stationary and lacks utility. This would at least help you move through rotations faster and move on.

Kusanami
10.04.2012 , 08:07 AM | #19
Here are my suggestions to help.

1. When Barrage procs Full auto/Unload cannot be interrupted.
2. Powershot/Charged bolts apply Heat Signature/Gravity vortex on target. In the event TM or Grav round are interrupted (which will happen) you have an alternative. But none of the other buffs that TM or Grav Round will apply.
3. Move down the Shield Talent which makes a Merc/Commando uninterrupted so all Mercs/Comm can get it.
4. Give Setup time of 1.5 seconds to set yourself into position. Call it "Defensive Line" for Commandos and "Setting in" for Mercs. Now while you have this buff up, you cannot be leaped to, knock backed, Reduced chance of being interrupted, so all interrupts would be at 50% chance of fail. But to get out of this new thing, you have to wait 2 global cooldowns to unset your position.

DarthBloodloss
10.04.2012 , 04:42 PM | #20
Thanks for the replies and feedback. I will add the new suggestions to the initial post when I have more time.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS