Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

wrank
10.03.2012 , 11:30 AM | #1
Yeah, that's what this game should be called. It's kinda silly when I can't even get a single combat move out because I'm stunned, from full health down to zero.

And agents still have way too many stuns, and infinite healing is ridiculous as well. This game has become a giant bucket of frustration and has stopped being fun.

cycao
10.03.2012 , 11:36 AM | #2
Wait...is this a nerf operative thread.

DarthSabreth
10.03.2012 , 11:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wrank View Post
Yeah, that's what this game should be called. It's kinda silly when I can't even get a single combat move out because I'm stunned, from full health down to zero.

And agents still have way too many stuns, and infinite healing is ridiculous as well. This game has become a giant bucket of frustration and has stopped being fun.
I will agree with you that this game should now be called PVCC however:

Ops are not the only class stunning you in game, and they do not have infinite healing. if you have gone up against a OP and tried to kill it "by yourself" then you are just being silly.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Master_Nate
10.03.2012 , 11:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I will agree with you that this game should now be called PVCC however:

Ops are not the only class stunning you in game, and they do not have infinite healing. if you have gone up against a OP and tried to kill it "by yourself" then you are just being silly.
Going with this statement, perhaps the OP is experiencing a lot of sorcs spec'd into Backlash once again maybe? With the changes to resolve, more are spec'd this way and Blinds are popping everywhere. This is not an Operative using Flashbang. At least in the games I've played since 1.4, tons of sorcs seem to be using it again and it was an ability I had not seen in a long time except for on a rare occasion.

I'm not discrediting the OPs assessment, however I don't think the problem is with Operatives having too many stuns but more classes freely using stuns as a means of an ability rather than timing it for the right time. I play an Operative and have two in combat stuns...Flashbang and Defibrillate and one out of combat stun, Sleep dart which I rarely use. Don't sorcs have Electocute, Whirlwind, and if spec'd into it, Backlash which would make it 3? They also have a knockback and force speed to evade enemies. Agents do get Shield Probe and Evasion which are extremely nice but don't help escape many situations, but rather allows you to stay alive just a little longer.

For me as an operative, a stun is my way to escape. I don't have force speed or a knockback...all I have is a stun. You don't want to be stunned, then stay away from me.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

vimm
10.03.2012 , 11:57 AM | #5
10/10 for originality.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

DarthSabreth
10.03.2012 , 12:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
Going with this statement, perhaps the OP is experiencing a lot of sorcs spec'd into Backlash once again maybe? With the changes to resolve, more are spec'd this way and Blinds are popping everywhere. This is not an Operative using Flashbang. At least in the games I've played since 1.4, tons of sorcs seem to be using it again and it was an ability I had not seen in a long time except for on a rare occasion.

I'm not discrediting the OPs assessment, however I don't think the problem is with Operatives having too many stuns but more classes freely using stuns as a means of an ability rather than timing it for the right time. I play an Operative and have two in combat stuns...Flashbang and Defibrillate and one out of combat stun, Sleep dart which I rarely use. Don't sorcs have Electocute, Whirlwind, and if spec'd into it, Backlash which would make it 3? They also have a knockback and force speed to evade enemies.

For me as an operative, a stun is my way to escape. I don't have force speed or a knockback...all I have is a stun. You don't want to be stunned, then stay away from me.
agreed, the only time i stun folks on my healer OP is:
1. to get away.
2. to help a teammate cap an objective.

i rarely use sleep dart unless i catch some fool out / gaurding by himself.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Master_Nate
10.03.2012 , 12:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
agreed, the only time i stun folks on my healer OP is:
1. to get away.
2. to help a teammate cap an objective.

i rarely use sleep dart unless i catch some fool out / gaurding by himself.
Exactly this...I use Defib to "Slip Away" because I'm spec'd into it for that purpose. I also use Flashbang to objective and collectively cap a node or I may use it when a teammate is under fire. That way I can stun their opposition and heal them back up. If this is OP, I apologize for that

I use sleep dart only to call in extra peeps for the assistance. I don't use it aggressively. So as not to veer off topic, yes there are a lot of stuns but as an Operative, since 1.4, I can't let us, Agents, take all the blame for all the blinding going on in WZ.

The new difference is that if someone hits someone I used Flashbang on then they are free to go along on their merry way but if I get hit by a Backlash bubble, while fighting someone absorbing my attacks to begin with...I am now blind and can be beat on for the duration of the effect which will leave me dead.

This is from the patch notes and I didn't see anyone comment on this in the forums but Backlash has been changed, thus more appealing now, especially with the change to resolve:

Backlash: The blindness effect caused by this skill no longer breaks on damage. The visual explosion effect now plays on the correct target.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Prophecy of the Five

Lionflash
10.03.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
Why do so many people hate such a fun part of PVP in this game? Stuns involve strategy. And when every WZ in this game is objective based stuns really shine.

Every class has a 4 sec hard stun but most of the stuns in this game break on damage. So people who say that they spend 90% of their PVP stunned are being rediculous of lying. Use your CC breaker.

I don't complain about stuns, infact sometimes I applaud my opponent for it. I've been playing a Gunslinger as of late and I love rooting and knockbacking and stunning oppenents at the perfect moment. Not for kills, for skills...

Play the objective people.

Master_Nate
10.03.2012 , 12:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Why do so many people hate such a fun part of PVP in this game? Stuns involve strategy. And when every WZ in this game is objective based stuns really shine.

Every class has a 4 sec hard stun but most of the stuns in this game break on damage. So people who say that they spend 90% of their PVP stunned are being rediculous of lying. Use your CC breaker.

I don't complain about stuns, infact sometimes I applaud my opponent for it. I've been playing a Gunslinger as of late and I love rooting and knockbacking and stunning oppenents at the perfect moment. Not for kills, for skills...

Play the objective people.
QFT...stuns aren't terrible imo. I don't mind most stuns cause most people will break me out of it by being stupid. I can almost always count on someone breaking the CC I'm in and it's that "knowing" that keeps me from hating CC. My CC breaker always seems to be up because people don't respect CC so I don't see how so many people have the issue they are having. All I can say is, that sucks. I use my CC breaker only when being stunned in a fire pit in Huttball and when I'm fully resolved and people need heals. I don't waste it just to use it when I'm stunned and frustrated.

It's people who effectively use it that you have to look out for. Also, if you are stunned and are beat on and have no CC breaker be ready to pop a medpac and an adrenal to recover, or throw a seismac grenade to help you escape. Just be ready to fight back afterwards in case you do survive. All classes seem to have CC, maybe yours is up right after you get out of yours, could save your life too. Of course it's all situational but it could be people just assume once they are stunned, they are dead.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Prophecy of the Five

Lucef
10.10.2012 , 04:28 AM | #10
I completely agree with the OP's assessment. This game 's stun mechanics are outta control. I have been and have seen people get killed many times without so much as a struggle because they were stunned the entire time it took to kill them. Resolve is absolute garbage, and doesn't really do anything. The person is usually dead before resolve even gets close to full. Every class has at least 2 stuns a hard stun and one that gets broken by damage. All characters have one stun release with a 2 minute cool down. In 2 minutes of pvp you will be stunned more time than cattle being herded to the slaughter house. As for strategy, what? What strategy stun lock through an entire fight is not a strategy, it's a joke. It takes no skill and it makes the warzone nothing but pure frustration. When I fight someone I want to fight. It's not a fight if they can't hit back. Player vs Player should be a game of skill, where actions and reactions determine the outcome of an encounter. It SHOULD NOT be like a game of Family Fued where whoever gets the stun button off first wins. The CC system needs a complete overhaul. Hopefully one that allows for a meaningful encounter when you fight ANY class. Where skill decides the outcome more than stuns and gear.