Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB HM (Operator IX)

Ryanbeast
10.03.2012 , 07:49 AM | #1
Hey guys,

trying to get some tips/tricks for this boss, we been stuck on him.

the problem seems to be we are having problems clicking the probes and it is wasting to much time before we can channel to kill the datacrone. tab targeting doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions in finding them and clicking them to kill them ASAP. We are spending 10/15 seconds doing this, and missing out on killing the data cube in time on the 4th color.

we have been killing the probes 1st and then channeling because the probes do there stun.

we thought about channeling first then going to the probes.

Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.03.2012 , 07:55 AM | #2
well I always start out on blue so I know where my probe spawns (on the far right) so I'm pretty good at clicking on them. We've done the fight (and wiped) so many times that we've figured out where they spawn. With the final color (yellow) we have our gunslinger channel right away and while he's channeling he looks around and just targets the probe (cause he has nothing better to do while channeling) and as soon as we get the two cores down he finishes the probe quickly before engaging the boss and the rest of the adds.

As long as the tanks are avoiding aoe damage that may aggro the probe, you can channel first and target the probe while channeling.
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

RanisTheSlayer
10.03.2012 , 09:03 AM | #3
The trick to this fight is quick and unquestioning execution of every mechanic. It tests your reaction time.

As SOON as the color in the middle changes or turns on, probes spawn out of the left and right sides of the room. Always from the same location, always following the same path. You should pair people up (in 8-man) so that a DPS is paired with either a tank or a healer. The DPS needs to immediately kill their probe, then channel. Killing the probe should take a grand total of three seconds at most. You just have to click them and use whatever you have at your disposal to kill them quickly. That being said, the DPS who is channeling needs to have first priority on killing their probe; the person in the middle has a whole 30+ seconds to kill theirs, so let the DPS find theirs first so they can immediately start channeling.

The DPS who is the last channeler, yellow I believe, needs to immediately start channeling, ignoring their probe. Every second counts in that last phase, and it's essential that every second of burn time is allowed. The DPS who channels can kill their probe after all of the data cores are down.

Something else that can also help you to kill the cores is to pre-dot them, if you know which cores will get deactivated. We also mark them with raid marks and call out the symbols that get downed for easy acknowledgement. We also have one healer help dps during the first phase. If your tanks are itemized properly and know what they're doing, they will only need one healer between them.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

Lawnmow
10.03.2012 , 12:15 PM | #4
Very nice advice, however for us it seems that the raid it taking too much AOE damage from the disks during the yellow phase how can we prevent this from happening?

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.03.2012 , 01:46 PM | #5
The only time our raid is taking a lot of aoe damage is if we fail a phase and have a rectifier appear. We purposely fail the purple phase to help clean up adds. So we do blue and orange like normal, then all dps focus on clearing the two regulators from the orange phase. After the two regulators are down, we burn 1 purple datacore. After the datacore we defeat the rectifier add that spawns from us failing the phase. After the rectifier goes down we proceed to burn the second datacore and move on to the super burn yellow phase.

RanisTheSlayer
10.03.2012 , 02:15 PM | #6
NEVER intentionally fail a phase. NEVER EVER. You're setting yourself up for failure.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.03.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
May I ask why?

Iwipe
10.03.2012 , 06:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RanisTheSlayer View Post
NEVER intentionally fail a phase. NEVER EVER. You're setting yourself up for failure.
We intentionally fail the purple phase to clean up the adds from previous phase since Purple only spawn 1x Rectifier + recognizer adds. This make things more tidy than rushing through purple, at least for us.

Warconfessor
10.03.2012 , 10:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
We intentionally fail the purple phase to clean up the adds from previous phase since Purple only spawn 1x Rectifier + recognizer adds. This make things more tidy than rushing through purple, at least for us.
This is what my guild does as well. It just makes it easier on everyone to burn 1 core during the purple phase and leave the other one at about 20%. Fail the phase and deal with the rectifier then burn the last core easily. This sets up the last phase really nicely for us.

CitizenFry
10.04.2012 , 09:02 AM | #10
I think once everyone gets the fight down pat, it'll probably be more reasonable to clear all of the color phases on the first pass, but for right now my guild has found the dulfy strategy of intentionally failing the purple phase to be the easiest.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay