Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A simple fix for PVP, why are more people not advocating this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A simple fix for PVP, why are more people not advocating this?

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
10.03.2012 , 02:53 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah you get what 60 ranked comms on the low end for a loss which you can get 100ish normal comms for a win in non ranked...I suck at math but I would say even getting plowed in ranked you still gear up faster.
Losing teams can get up to 15-20 MAX comms depending on the play-style of the premade they go against. So if we are going to talk numbers, let's keep the facts straight and not play things up like they are good...because they aren't.

To-le's Avatar


To-le
10.03.2012 , 03:01 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Losing teams can get up to 15-20 MAX comms depending on the play-style of the premade they go against. So if we are going to talk numbers, let's keep the facts straight and not play things up like they are good...because they aren't.
The only time I have got 20 coms in a fight was when i loaded into a normal WZ huttball and the other team scored the 6th point. If you get 20 coms in a regular wz and play the whole wz you are bad. Now I hope we are talking about ranked b/c I can imagine a team getting facerolled and getting 20. Lowest I have got personally in a ranked pug is low 40's.

Dacer's Avatar


Dacer
10.03.2012 , 03:01 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
Some people actually have real life to attend to and can't afford to spend 40+ hours a week running Warzones to get fully geared in a couple of months, if not more - yes it actually takes that long at present. That's over two months playing 40+ hours a week of getting steam-rolled until they can actually start being competitive. Much much longer if you can only spare 15 hours a week.

And people wonder why this game has lost 750,000+ subscribers already. Do you want the game to be a complete failure?
This right here just shows the gap of casuals vs more 'hardcore' gamers.

Fact is... in MMOs you are rewarded for time spent playing.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
10.03.2012 , 03:16 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Losing teams can get up to 15-20 MAX comms depending on the play-style of the premade they go against. So if we are going to talk numbers, let's keep the facts straight and not play things up like they are good...because they aren't.
They must have changed something because I have always got more than 20 ranked comms when loosing a ranked match but eh not worth getting into I have not played a ranked game in a while.

salaryman's Avatar


salaryman
10.03.2012 , 03:16 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
This right here just shows the gap of casuals vs more 'hardcore' gamers.

Fact is... in MMOs you are rewarded for time spent playing.
Fact is... being unemployed shouldn't be a requirement for playing an MMO.

Striders's Avatar


Striders
10.03.2012 , 03:21 PM | #76
Everyone complains that you need to spend 40+ hours a week to play an MMO.

Not true... yes, if you want to be the best or close to the best than you do have to put forth a great deal of effort. This is especially true when playing PVP as you are going up against other live human beings.

But to say the game is broken because of this is non-sense. You can play this game many different ways if you don't have a ton of time during your week. You just have to lower your expectations. So many people have the notion these days that they should get rewarded for just being there or breathing. This expectation is very similar to real life where entitled college graduates come out today expecting to be able to pick and choose their job, get promoted six months later for just performing their duties and want huge raises every year.

The cause? NO DODGEBALL and GIVING TROPHIES FOR 10th PLACE!

It's an epidemic in this country and it is causing a whole generation of people to have the idea they should have everything they want and get rewarded for doing something half-*** or just being regular. People need to wake up and realize that to be the best at anything (including an MMORPG) you need to invest the time and effort to doing it... otherwise you just have to compromise and realize you won't be the best and just try to be as good as you can in the time you allot to the task.

That's it... if we gave everyone War Hero gear for breathing what would be the point? Go play a console game like Halo or Gears of War or Call of Duty or something.
The Strider Legacy - <STOIC>
Vubo (SGE) | ExplosivŽ (VAN) | Aelei (GRD) | Shrapnel (COM) | RockŽr (GUN) | Tijeras (SEN) | DŽuce (SCD)
PlaguŽ (MRD) | TorrŽnt (MRC) | ScourgŽ (INQ) | SalandŽr (AGT)

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
10.03.2012 , 03:34 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
Well I'm just going on what guild members have told me. The few times they've managed to get into a Ranked they did get rolled and were left with about 25 commendations a peice.

It would be easy to fill rated if it was lucrative enough, which is the problem, at present it's not!
well...not to be one of the L2P guys, but if you're getting rolled to the point of spawn camped and 20 comms, you don't belong in rated to begin with. it's pvp w/o the training wheels. fully organized and skilled premades.

I wouldn't even consider queueing w/o a full guild run or puggs from a shortlist of guilds.
Krackerjšck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
10.03.2012 , 03:36 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by To-le View Post
The only time I have got 20 coms in a fight was when i loaded into a normal WZ huttball and the other team scored the 6th point. If you get 20 coms in a regular wz and play the whole wz you are bad. Now I hope we are talking about ranked b/c I can imagine a team getting facerolled and getting 20. Lowest I have got personally in a ranked pug is low 40's.
That's my fault. I meant ranked comms not normal wz comms. I want to say that I support the view that the game in it's current state, it's better to lose a normal wz than get roflstomped in a ranked for comms. You do not get 50-60 per ranked match when you get stomped, fact.

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
10.03.2012 , 03:43 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Striders View Post
Everyone complains that you need to spend 40+ hours a week to play an MMO.

Not true... yes, if you want to be the best or close to the best than you do have to put forth a great deal of effort. This is especially true when playing PVP as you are going up against other live human beings.

But to say the game is broken because of this is non-sense. You can play this game many different ways if you don't have a ton of time during your week. You just have to lower your expectations. So many people have the notion these days that they should get rewarded for just being there or breathing. This expectation is very similar to real life where entitled college graduates come out today expecting to be able to pick and choose their job, get promoted six months later for just performing their duties and want huge raises every year.

The cause? NO DODGEBALL and GIVING TROPHIES FOR 10th PLACE!

It's an epidemic in this country and it is causing a whole generation of people to have the idea they should have everything they want and get rewarded for doing something half-*** or just being regular. People need to wake up and realize that to be the best at anything (including an MMORPG) you need to invest the time and effort to doing it... otherwise you just have to compromise and realize you won't be the best and just try to be as good as you can in the time you allot to the task.

That's it... if we gave everyone War Hero gear for breathing what would be the point? Go play a console game like Halo or Gears of War or Call of Duty or something.
I feel bad for you, that you became this way during your life. To compare real life success to one in a game is well...silly. There are requirements for advancement in real life because the standards have real world changes. This on the other hand, is a game. A game that is meant to be enjoyable and fun...a way to get away from the competitiveness of real life. So why would anyone want to make a game another job or chore? It no longer becomes a game then.

JustxJerry's Avatar


JustxJerry
10.03.2012 , 03:43 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Striders View Post
The cause? NO DODGEBALL and GIVING TROPHIES FOR 10th PLACE!
It's an epidemic in this country and it is causing a whole generation of people to have the idea they should have everything they want and get rewarded for doing something half-*** or just being regular.
In RL I agree with this statement, but I desagree with it in terms of THIS game. In a healthy growing game I maybe making long gear grinds are good for subs because it gives people a reason to continue. On a game dying a slow death I'm thinking that this grind may not be a good idea. I don't know for sure...just sayin.
Jer'ee, Jer'jer
POT5 Server