Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A simple fix for PVP, why are more people not advocating this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A simple fix for PVP, why are more people not advocating this?

cycao
10.03.2012 , 10:42 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
Seems like there is no system currently in place that can be used to properly match players. Something new must be done.

Valor: Legacy gear transfers nullifes Valor.

Gear rating: People can switch gear to get into lower brackets. Can be restricted to not change gear once inside, image the QQ about this feature hehe

Expertize: Same as above, but with a twist. Many Min/Maxers mod their gear for 1000-1200 exp and adds Power, making them hit even harder than if they had 1300+ expertize.

So what's left? Give people a set amount of Expertize in WZs and make gear only a way to customize your looks?
Well the one matchmaking that makes sense to me is expertise. Two brackets sub 1k expertise and +1k expertise, and to keep people from switching out gear would be make it impossible to equip/unequip gear once the queue pops which I am positive they would not be able to do that.

Sweeet
10.03.2012 , 10:46 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah you get what 60 ranked comms on the low end for a loss which you can get 100ish normal comms for a win in non ranked...I suck at math but I would say even getting plowed in ranked you still gear up faster.
Not if you get steam-rolled. People in my guild have told me 25 Ranked comms whereas a guy above said he got 30 when he got steam-rolled. Why do you think nobody wants to do Ranked? Because they get steam-rolled... Not to mention I can easily get 90+ comms for a loss in Normal Warzones if I run with my guild.

The biggest issue is that nobody wants to do Ranked Warzones as there is no real incentive. Yes you may get Ranked comms slightly faster, but nobody wants to just get steam-rolled again and again and again. They'd prefer to just take the hit and do Normal with the chance of actually enjoying themselves.

Give people an incentive to play ranked by allowing them to gear much faster even if they lose, and you start segregating the playerbase which in turn means everyone starts having some clean competitive fun - providing Ranked Warzones match groups to their appropriate rank of course. It's a no-brainer.

cycao
10.03.2012 , 10:48 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
Not if you get steam-rolled. People in my guild have told me 25 Ranked comms whereas a guy above said he got 30 when he got steam-rolled. Why do you think nobody wants to do Ranked? Because they get steam-rolled... Not to mention I can easily get 90+ comms for a loss in Normal Warzones if I run with my guild.

The biggest issue is that nobody wants to do Ranked Warzones as there is no real incentive. Yes you may get Ranked comms slightly faster, but nobody wants to just get steam-rolled again and again and again. They'd prefer to just take the hit and do Normal with the chance of actually enjoying themselves.

Give people an incentive to play ranked by allowing them to gear much faster even if they lose, and you start segregating the playerbase which in turn means everyone starts having some clean competitive fun - providing Ranked Warzones match groups to their appropriate rank of course. It's a no-brainer.
Eh give people warhero then, they will still suck.

mrekxxx
10.03.2012 , 10:49 AM | #44
my opinion :

the idea was have ranked and nonranked matches ...

but when they released it i rly didnt understand one thing

and thats : how is possible we can obtain ranked comms in nonranked WZs?

thats nonsense... ration 3:1 doesnt mean anything ...

it might be this way - play nonranked? ok you can obtain on normal wz comms and can get max. BM gear

do you want wh gear? go and play ranked and get ranked comms ...

with this system no1 will play nonranked with some wh pieces, because he doesnt need normal comms and cannot get there ranked comms

and every1 will start play ranked, to find pvp guild or friends or something like that ...

this is my solution ...

Jiminison
10.03.2012 , 10:51 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirothen View Post
Here is my issue with the geared players playing ranked. It is limited to a group of 8. I would put all my credits on the line to say that most full WH PvPers grinded their gear doing regulars either alone or with a select few friends. it is tough to find a full group of 8 outside of primtime (or sometimes during primetime) to queue up. Secondly, since there are limited groups that can scrape together 8 well geared players to be competitive, the queues are crazy long. Who wants to sit and wait when we can slowly have fun grinding out regular coms. I think the root of the problem is the fact that it is limited to a full premade 8 man team. My suggestion would be to not open it up to free solo queing (that would be a mess) but to allow 2 groups of 4 to be paired together. That would keep the integrity of the competition by forcing a 4 man team to queue and it would keep out the random solo recruit gear queuers. And just for reference I am a full WH sentinel with both Elite WH weapons at 76 valor.
Well After I figured out that out laws den gave coms throuh chest spawn It sped up quite fast for me They need more of this spread out through the planets and in the process BAM world pvp! Also gives insentive for more sand box designs by BW making it more of an easter egg hunt! And exploring will also ensue.

Jiminison
10.03.2012 , 10:54 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminison View Post
Well After I figured out that out laws den gave coms throuh chest spawn It sped up quite fast for me They need more of this spread out through the planets and in the process BAM world pvp! Also gives insentive for more sand box designs by BW making it more of an easter egg hunt! And exploring will also ensue.
I would also like to add Maybe city raids that are next to impossible to accomplish but in the processs awarding the raid groups coms for doing so.

SpaniardInfinity
10.03.2012 , 10:57 AM | #47
Well the one matchmaking that makes sense to me is expertise. Two brackets sub 1k expertise and +1k expertise, and to keep people from switching out gear would be make it impossible to equip/unequip gear once the queue pops which I am positive they would not be able to do that.
Well they already have the ability to make it impossible to change gear once in combat (you can take gear off, you cannot put gear on), so I'm sure there could be some tweaking to make it occur. Or just make it lock your gear as long as you are queued for a warzone.

Expertize: Same as above, but with a twist. Many Min/Maxers mod their gear for 1000-1200 exp and adds Power, making them hit even harder than if they had 1300+ expertize.
When I mentioned effective level of gear, I think the mods in your gear should be taken into account. For Recruit it isn't moddable and thus only minimally possible to min/max (I guess you can pick the piece which best suits your stack priority, but people do that already), and I think min/maxing at a certain level is fair game if everyone can do it.

Quote:
So what's left? Give people a set amount of Expertize in WZs and make gear only a way to customize your looks?
I'd have no problem with this. It would ultimately be the best way of matchmaking, since gear would never come into play. But it's an MMO. Progression! I'm indifferent to it, but I can imagine the complaints.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

vimm
10.03.2012 , 10:58 AM | #48
Yeah you get what 60 ranked comms on the low end for a loss which you can get 100ish normal comms for a win in non ranked...I suck at math but I would say even getting plowed in ranked you still gear up faster.
Yep, ranked warzones give much more ranked commendations, win or lose. In fact, losing a ranked game will earn you more comms than even winning a normal game.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Sweeet
10.03.2012 , 11:11 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
If it takes you months, then you are seriously doing something wrong. You can get 1k normal and WH commendations each week just from the dailies and the one weekly. Average in 75 commendations a match for three games a games (daily only requires 2 wins or 4 games played) gives you another 1575 commendations. So you are looking at around 2800 normal and 1k WH commendation from just doing the PvP quests.

That is about 3 BW in two weeks and 1 WH. Hardly "a couple of months, if not more" "playing 40+ hours a week"...
If only everyone had the time to complete their daily "every day"...

The total cost for WH Gear is now about 26000 Ranked comms + 1000 Normal comms. That's not even including the cost of buying all the BM gear for a fresh 50. And again, not everyone has the time to do all the daily's - it will literally take these people months, me included to get full WH on a fresh 50. That's months of getting my butt handed to me because I have real-life commitments.

Do people seriously want this game to remain a failure? If Bioware want to entice people to come back, they MUST cater to these players. People enjoy the PvP in this game, it is enough to make them want to play. What they do not enjoy is a grind that is out of reach not only for them, but for the majority of people who originally purchased the game. These people do not have the time nor the patience - and who can blame them.

Bioware have catered to a niche crowd of hardcore players and look at where it has gotten them.

salaryman
10.03.2012 , 11:17 AM | #50
I agree with your intention but not your suggested solution based on gear. Like I tried to say, people can enter WZs in level 9 green gear and put on their augmented WH gear once inside and ruin the experience for the fresh 50s. It would work against it's intention.
Disable the option of changing gear once you've queued for a warzone. Problem solved.