Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Novare Coast

Kontraz
10.03.2012 , 12:48 PM | #31
ignoring all the "L2P" posts that don't address the issue constructively, I also find it an annoying mechanic. Yes, either team can just as easily use the tactic, but it is annoying when a type four body type plants their fatass on the node, making it impossible for a team to cap at all until he is either moved or killed.

Yes, I understand that it is a viable tactic with the current mechanics, and I understand that we can kill/knockback/pull the guy away. That being said, it seems more of a nuisance than an actual combat tactic.

Additionally, this gives a slight advantage to those using body type 4, and to a lesser extent, body type 3, which I doubt was ever intended.

Capt_Beers
10.03.2012 , 12:56 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Sometimes, trying to kill people is a waste because the time you do it, some other ones come and back-up. When you're superior in numbers, sometimes it's better to forcefully cap. It is really hard to avoid cap from numerous people.

I understand the OP at some point. In other WZ when someone is trying to cap a node or plant/deplant a bomb you have to stop him by your own means (attacking him, controlling him), it's active. But when you just stand in front of the console in this WZ, you avoid anybody to cap your turret without doing anything else, just standing here, it's passive. Unless that using your body to break line of sight (considering that all body type don't break line of sight equally) is considered as a fair way to avoid caps (and so it needs the intervention of BW staff to confirm it) it looks like exploiting (not exploiting a bug but exploiting a mechanic in a way the devs didn't thought of)
They were hardly being passive by standing in front of the node. They were guarding the objective. They were healing each other and interrupting players attempting to cap. They were using positioning to their advantage. sounds like pretty active defense to me.

The OP's team was from what I can gather standing around looking for a spot to click on and getting interrupted. Did they stun and focus fire? Did anyone attempt to pull them? Or knock them back? If not they were standing around trying to push a button while someone kept smacking their hand out of the way. If 2 healer Sorcs are keeping your team handled you have got bigger problems than where you can click.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Cychotec
10.03.2012 , 01:25 PM | #33
I'm quite sure you don't need to be body type 4 to do this at all. Anyone who stands in front of the node can prevent a click.

I don't have issue with the other team doing this, it's a smart yet beatable tactic.

I do get annoyed when my own team prevents me from helping with the cap... even after you attempt to inform them

cycao
10.03.2012 , 01:28 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Cychotec View Post
I'm quite sure you don't need to be body type 4 to do this at all. Anyone who stands in front of the node can prevent a click.

I don't have issue with the other team doing this, it's a smart yet beatable tactic.

I do get annoyed when my own team prevents me from helping with the cap... even after you attempt to inform them
Yeah pretty much this. I mean ok throw down AoE and knock them out of the way. It irks me more when you kill off the opposing team and you have that one person standing in the way preventing 4 others from trying to take the point before they can get back to stop it.

jstergar
10.03.2012 , 01:42 PM | #35
I never seen this yet on POT5 but I would LOVE to. I'd respec to focus/rage and smash meatbags all day.

stephenalandavie
10.03.2012 , 01:50 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ZlupZlup View Post
Daleks can fly
They can in the new who lol. Classic who ftw
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

DarthBloodloss
10.03.2012 , 05:52 PM | #37
This is a bad exploit, needs a fix asap.

Just last night I was trying to cap the South base. There were these 2 fat guys in the way. I kindly asked them to move several times in /say. I even did a few clever emotes to reinforce my desire to have them move.

They did not comply. One even responded by causing damage to me. The other one was AFK! I mean, how inconsiderate can you be. If you are going to go AFK in a WZ, at least have the courtesy of standing off to the side of the console.

Fix AFK fat guys - I can never take nodes from them. LAME
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

GARhenus
10.03.2012 , 08:39 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
This is a bad exploit, needs a fix asap.

Just last night I was trying to cap the South base. There were these 2 fat guys in the way. I kindly asked them to move several times in /say. I even did a few clever emotes to reinforce my desire to have them move.

They did not comply. One even responded by causing damage to me. The other one was AFK! I mean, how inconsiderate can you be. If you are going to go AFK in a WZ, at least have the courtesy of standing off to the side of the console.

Fix AFK fat guys - I can never take nodes from them. LAME
Happened to me last night, I even said please but the other guy said, "I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that"

I said "pretty please," and it worked. We won 100% - 0... also got a medal for courteousness

DolGrenn
10.03.2012 , 08:49 PM | #39
Simple fix Bioware - Put the node under the emplacement's roof, and make it large enough to click on easily. This will not only keep the capping arc limited, but would fix the problem of people standing in front of it. It would also make it easier to capture when somebody is standing in the corner of the emplacement and can't "see" the node as it fits currently.
The Grenn Legacy
Dolgrenn-Healing Operative-55 - Dol-DPS Scoundrel-55
Attonn-Tank Powertech-55 - Ttonn-DPS Vanguard-33
Prophecy of the Five

TMar
10.03.2012 , 08:54 PM | #40
Little hint. Kill everyone then cap the node. It's not like it take that long if you have even 3 people working on it. Attempting to cap while it's being defended is a fail strat.
There is no suggesting, there is only trolling
There is no discussing, there is only trolling
There is one constant, there is trolling
****All for a Tor server named Bria.****