Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant win ????

Marcus_Darkstar
10.04.2012 , 02:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
And of course, this is never captured on video. I don't know how many warzones I've played.... And yet I've never seen any of these oh so "common" hacks. Wonder why.
You are aware of the Developer posts announcing they have banned a bunch of people and are working on stopping the hacks? They do exist. I don't know how much they are actually used but people have been banned for using them....

Sock_Bramson
10.04.2012 , 03:23 PM | #22
You silly billy Lego, you're helping prove my point. My point was not that hacks don't exist in this game, it's that there are too many people who cry foul when they lose because they often don't understand legitimate game mechanics.

Cheating in this game is possible, but it is rare to the point that many people have never had to deal with it. (such as me) Most cases of speed hacks and the like were in the first months of the game. Since 1.2, BW has significantly improved the security of the game. Both then and now, actual cheaters were punished, and repeat offenders were banned.

I love when people claim someone must be hacking because they either say they don't or say they haven't seen any cheats first hand. Sure, a cheater probably won't admit to cheating. However, someone who is, in fact, a legitimate player will also tell you that they don't cheat. Food for thought.

My anecdote about my guild and I being accused of hacking was simply to illustrate that there are more false accusations flying around than real hacks. I'm not "trying hard to defend" anyone because my guild and I don't need defending. We just find it amusing when people mistake good play and teamwork for cheating. I agree with every other sane person and advocate reporting someone who's behaving suspiciously. However, starting an in-game / forum witch hunt when you have no real proof accomplishes nothing - and, as I said, makes you look childish.

If you see something that looks like shenanigans, go ahead and file a report. However, it'd be better if you took a bit more time to check the combat logs / do some research on different abilities and talents before you file an erroneous complaint. (Hint: there are a lot of things out there that effect movement speed, CC immunity, etc that are not hacks)

Should you choose to go with the knee-jerk reaction and immediately cry wolf, don't be surprised to find out that the other person was actually playing fair.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Cymate
10.04.2012 , 04:57 PM | #23
Planting before the game starts, that sounds more like a real hack...

I've seen a speed hack only once before 1.2 but I don't say that the OP is wrong or right.
Just that 3 troopers flying across the screen is funny given the current 1.4 PVP situation (lag/spikes/bugs/buffs).

For long I tought the other team was cheating because they would shift real fast to defend grass or snow. The real cause was Vent + speed buffs.

Btw thx for reporting my joke you won 200 credibility points.

Sock_Bramson
10.04.2012 , 07:48 PM | #24
As far as early plants go:

I've only had it happen once to me, but I believe it was a bug. (this was pre 1.2) I'm not sure exactly what happened, but my team either all got loaded into the game late or our door didn't open at the buzzer. I've also seen an enemy team get caught in their spawn at the start of a match. I'm not sure if they were just being slow and missed it or if a similar bug happened to them.

The other case I've heard of is an old exploit where the attackers could jump out of their spawn early. I think BW moved around whatever they were using to hop up and over, AND they made it so anyone who still managed to slip through would get blown up instantly. Maybe there's still some way to 'sploit it up, but I haven't heard any mention of it.

Sock_Bramson
10.04.2012 , 08:18 PM | #25
Well, to be fair, Bantha Milk poisoning is no laughing matter. That ish will make you trip balls if you're not careful.
[This message is approved by Mothers Against Bantha Milk]

Jherad
10.04.2012 , 08:34 PM | #26
One 'early plant' case I've seen recently was where a defender died just after the doors went down, left his spawn and stood in the middle section by the edge to watch. A knight on our team who was quick to the scene jumped to him across the gap, pushed him into the void and capped the door - all before the bridges had gone down.

Nothing at all 'dodgy', but OH the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Also I've never seen anything that looks even remotely like hacking from Physics, so lets not go there. They're just good. Most of them

I honestly haven't seen anything that couldn't be explained by lag or abilities in MONTHS. I got angry a little while ago when some marauder kept hitting me with melee from what looked like 20 feet away - but I know it was just server sync issues.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Sock_Bramson
10.04.2012 , 08:42 PM | #27
Yeah, we just need to get rid of that baddie Hedley and we'll be in good shape.