Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Progression thread 2.1


KnightGreg's Avatar


KnightGreg
05.21.2013 , 10:56 PM | #361
Furthermore, I'd like to add, as an individual, not as a member of DWBI, I am disappointed in my fellow gamers on Begeren Colony that they would so enthusiastically dismiss the achievements of others due to any per-formed opinions and biases. I would hope the people I get to share my server with would be humble and mutually appreciative enough toward the other guilds in the server in recognizing their achievements without bias in order to create a better gaming atmosphere. I sincerely hope all of you reassess opinions, actions, and beliefs in each other so we do not have to argue over petty things such as these. I understand you need proof to confirm that people have done the hardest Ops in the game so you don't have random guilds saying they have done them when they have not. However, your actions toward a member of my guild paint very poor pictures of yourselves. I urge you to reconsider how you are seen by others if you wish to find the kinds of friends I have in my guild.

Thank you.

KnightGreg's Avatar


KnightGreg
05.21.2013 , 10:59 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by AntonMercer View Post
This is all well in good but this is only ONE person's achievement. We would need to see the ENTIRE group's achievement pages that were listed by your member in the above post. This would probably be the best proof the group could provide, and to even further prove it, it may be even better to present your character to SojournerNC themselves, in game, and allow him to inspect each one of the characters listed to see for themselves the achievement and the date.
If you look at Dath-cody's log and the individuals he was healing, they were: Amberlina, Dath-cody, Savar, G'reggy, Klehitt, Gagoogin, Bishuup, and Lirel. The individuals in Chyanis' screenshot outside SaV were Amberlina, Dath-cody, Savar, G'reggy, Klehitt, Gagoogin, Bishuup, and Lirel.

LaniAkavir's Avatar


LaniAkavir
05.21.2013 , 11:46 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightGreg View Post
Furthermore, I'd like to add, as an individual, not as a member of DWBI, I am disappointed in my fellow gamers on Begeren Colony that they would so enthusiastically dismiss the achievements of others due to any per-formed opinions and biases. I would hope the people I get to share my server with would be humble and mutually appreciative enough toward the other guilds in the server in recognizing their achievements without bias in order to create a better gaming atmosphere. I sincerely hope all of you reassess opinions, actions, and beliefs in each other so we do not have to argue over petty things such as these. I understand you need proof to confirm that people have done the hardest Ops in the game so you don't have random guilds saying they have done them when they have not. However, your actions toward a member of my guild paint very poor pictures of yourselves. I urge you to reconsider how you are seen by others if you wish to find the kinds of friends I have in my guild.

Thank you.
Greetings,

With sincerity, I hope you, and your fellow guildies, reassess the way you are responding to our inquiries.

It is already odd enough that you guys are giving us pieces of evidence which held some uncertainties; the way you guys are responding doesn't make the situation any better.

It is possible to alter the logs on the parse, and people have done so before. The previous group lockout screenshot isn't the rock-solid proof that we see, as well.

Many of us are, in fact, giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and asking for the achievements and their time of completion.

Such hostility is unnecessary, what we need here is solid evidence to cease the rumors and get past the mistakes.

Regards,
Kenji
Combat Medic since Summer 2011

Kenji, S-1 All-Derp
The Medic's Legacy

KnightGreg's Avatar


KnightGreg
05.22.2013 , 12:05 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by LaniAkavir View Post
Greetings,

With sincerity, I hope you, and your fellow guildies, reassess the way you are responding to our inquiries.

It is already odd enough that you guys are giving us pieces of evidence which held some uncertainties; the way you guys are responding doesn't make the situation any better.

It is possible to alter the logs on the parse, and people have done so before. The previous group lockout screenshot isn't the rock-solid proof that we see, as well.

Many of us are, in fact, giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and asking for the achievements and their time of completion.

Such hostility is unnecessary, what we need here is solid evidence to cease the rumors and get past the mistakes.

Regards,
Kenji
Kenji, if I came across as hostile, I sincerely apologize. My statements were my own and they do not reflect the opinions of my fellow guildmates as I cannot logically speak for them. That is why I began that reply in the manner I did.

As for you giving us the benefit of the doubt, I disagree. Do you honestly believe we would alter our logs just to get on this particular Thread? As for the screenshot, we are all aware there are a vast number of bugs in this game so is it such a stretch to say the lockout window shown was another bug? Furthermore, the picture of Dath with the pet seems to provide very strong evidence we did, indeed finish the Op has he was server-first to get it that we know of.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.22.2013 , 12:09 AM | #365
We'll just run it again this week and post better screenshots. No worries.

Helmholtzz's Avatar


Helmholtzz
05.22.2013 , 12:17 AM | #366
There are a few points I want to emphasize here:
1. We all (including DWBI) want this thread to be rock solid. So if someone expresses concern towards the proof given we need to take it as a constructive criticism, not as a personal attack. If every concern is taken as a personal attack then people will stop asking questions to avoid controversy. This is not good for the thread as it will lose accountability.
2. The concern expressed here is legitimate because the lockout screen does not indicate whether the run was 8 man or 16 man. Moreover, the lockout screen got bugged and was not showing everyone as locked. I understand it is impossible to go back and take a screenshot after you have already left the instance but it is not very troublesome to request all your group member to take a screenshot of their achievement and post it here. The achievement screen will prove 2 things at the same time. It will confirm whether it was a 8 man or a 16 man run. It will also confirm that all 8 persons mentioned in the original post was there as it shows the kill time.
3. My personal (emphasis on personal) opinion is banning DWBI is an overkill. I don't know if Arashi talked with anyone from DWBI before taking the decision. if not they should be given the chance to defend themselves before a decision like banning is taken.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

Tmanarl's Avatar


Tmanarl
05.22.2013 , 10:43 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by AntonMercer View Post
This is all well in good but this is only ONE person's achievement. We would need to see the ENTIRE group's achievement pages that were listed by your member in the above post. This would probably be the best proof the group could provide, and to even further prove it, it may be even better to present your character to SojournerNC themselves, in game, and allow him to inspect each one of the characters listed to see for themselves the achievement and the date.
Sure it's the achievement for only one person, but it's also proof that something was screwy with the lockouts. In the original picture of the group lockouts, G'reggy's name appears in green, however he just proved that G'reggy did indeed have the achievement for defeating Styrak on HM 8 man.

The times all make sense as well. G'reggy's achievement was unlocked at 9:03:34 PM. TORParse lists the fight as ending at 21:03:34. The time on the in-game clock in the lockout picture shows 9:29 PM and the post on the forum was 9:37 PM.

Something is definitely screwy about the lockouts, but I would err on the side of it being a legit claim.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 70 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 70 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 70 Sith Assassin | Shiian 70 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 70 Sith Marauder
Sevri 70 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Maris 70 Imperial Operative
Leelu 70 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 70 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 70 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 70 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 70 Smuggler Scoundrel

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.22.2013 , 11:17 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by LaniAkavir View Post
...

It is already odd enough that you guys are giving us pieces of evidence which held some uncertainties; the way you guys are responding doesn't make the situation any better.

...
Coming back to this thread, I just have one other comment.

Surely you can see that a player would be put off by a claim that they were lying about defeating HM S/V, had actually altered logs, screenshots and were actively trying to fool everyone that Styrak was defeated. It's tantamount to saying, "You're not good enough to actually do this, we don't believe you, you're lying"

This is the reason for any less-than-calm response. Everyone was thrilled to have actually accomplished the feat. It was, for us, a moment of celebration. It was met with, "this is a false report and your guild is banned from posting on this thread"

Do you follow?

Now, to reiterate, the simplest solution, which we will be doing, is to do it again this week, take better screenshots, and that should satisfy everyone involved.

Hopefully that should clear this situation up.

rsuhandy's Avatar


rsuhandy
05.22.2013 , 11:55 AM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Coming back to this thread, I just have one other comment.

Surely you can see that a player would be put off by a claim that they were lying about defeating HM S/V, had actually altered logs, screenshots and were actively trying to fool everyone that Styrak was defeated. It's tantamount to saying, "You're not good enough to actually do this, we don't believe you, you're lying"

This is the reason for any less-than-calm response. Everyone was thrilled to have actually accomplished the feat. It was, for us, a moment of celebration. It was met with, "this is a false report and your guild is banned from posting on this thread"

Do you follow?

Now, to reiterate, the simplest solution, which we will be doing, is to do it again this week, take better screenshots, and that should satisfy everyone involved.

Hopefully that should clear this situation up.
I completely agree with you.
Though I would like to add that we haven't actually heard Arashi reply since the "banning".
Perhaps he could elaborate on what evidence he has that would convince him of false reporting.
Based on what has been presented in the thread I don't see anything that would suggest such an infraction,
but perhaps he has information that would say otherwise.

Helmholtzz's Avatar


Helmholtzz
05.24.2013 , 10:33 AM | #370
Dead on Arrival cleared the 16 man SM S&V. We were missing 3 bosses: Thrasher, Operations Chief and Oolok the Shadow. We cleared them. I forgot to take a screenshot for these 3 (the other 4 were posted in the thread) but its story mode :P. But if we must provide a screenshot I can ask the raid members to post their achievements in the thread.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ