Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation Min Max

HawtSheit
10.02.2012 , 06:18 PM | #1
Hello all,

Im looking for some guidance to a question that has most likely been asked plenty of times before. Can someone help me with where i need to be on stats for most dps as annihilation spec? I have checked forums for a while and all i see is people throwing there char stats out there but nothing along the lines of dont go over 30% crit rating, 30% surge rating etc... Im trying to tune up my gear and make sure the stats are where they need to be but dont have any type of a guideline to work off of.

Any help is appreciated!

DarthKatt
10.02.2012 , 09:05 PM | #2
For all my characters, I use www.noxxic.com and there it tells that Annihilation stat priority is as follows:

Strength >= Accuracy (110%) > Crit (40%) = Surge (75%) > Power/Force Power

Hope that helps.
OK guys, here's the plan....

HawtSheit
10.02.2012 , 09:34 PM | #3
awesome thanks for the help much appreciated

zoranporan
10.03.2012 , 03:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKatt View Post
For all my characters, I use www.noxxic.com and there it tells that Annihilation stat priority is as follows:

Hope that helps.
Checked out the link, and even tho it has a few correct guidelines, it also comes with a few "bad" ones. So be careful following these guides. your way better off asking on the forums for tips, from players that actully spend ALOT of time with different builds.

use them, but use them for what they are, guidelines, adapt builds to your playstyle, and also what gear model your gonna follow. crit vs power builds are basicly the same, and there is a small favor for power builds amongst maras cuz of the 100% crit chanse in all 3 builds.

if you check out the build noxxic suggests for anni maras in pvp you will soon experiece that "Phantom" is a bs talent, and is better spent in "Defensive Roll" and in "Ravager". I would suggest running this build in pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRrRMssZhMMZM.2

Also for min/maxing, check out these posts, alot of good info here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=525404

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539243

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528052
Sith Marauder | Helle | ToFN EU

Omophorus
10.03.2012 , 07:58 AM | #5

Hope that helps.
No.

No no no no no.

If you want to min/max any Marauder spec, there is only one thing that you do: you maximize the budget of offensive stats on every piece of gear.

For example... mods. Let's just use Deft Mod 25 as an example, because you can relatively easily obtain 2 different variants via doing older, easier Operations. 25A has 61 Strength and 11 Power. 25B has 48 Strength and 37 Power. Point for point, Strength is ever so slightly better than Power, so you'd think the 25A is better, but the total budget of Strength + Power is significantly higher on the 25B, making it the better piece.

You basically want to avoid having more than 100% melee accuracy as it appears on your character sheet (everything but Assault gets a 10% bonus, so the "110%" number people bandy about is actually reached for all intents and purposes at 100%), and your Critical Rating (not %!) in the 100-300 range.

Let's be crystal clear on one thing: most of the guides for any class available online are wrong. They're rarely ever written by people who back up their recommendations with extensive parsed data, a good understanding of the game formulae, and all the little tricks that are built into the system (like the isSpecial flag on attacks providing bonus accuracy).

There are a few folks, like LagunaD, who do all of those things, but they tend not to write guides, just post things from time to time that help better illuminate various aspects of the classes in this game.

We have the parsed data to say with confidence that you don't need more than 100% base (110% special) Accuracy, and we have the mathcraft (thanks to LagunaD) to show that for the range of ~100-300 Critical Rating, there is a less than 1% difference in overall DPS (since only Crit and Power are interchangeable, losing one means picking up the other). Laguna's math was specific to Carnage, but the breakdown of damage per skill for Annihilation and Rage gives every reason to believe that the mathcraft is equally valid for those specs.

Other than those 2 constraints, you always get the best results by maximizing the total offensive budget you have available (or can reasonably attain) at any given point in time.

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.03.2012 , 08:27 AM | #6
I never really liked Noxxic, I've always felt those guides are half-assed.

For my watchman sentinel, I've got 30% crit (buffed), 75% crit multiplier; 100% accuracy. Everything else is in strength or power (~2180 strength and~1060 power) This is fully buffed and stim'd. Primary damage > 1200 on high end

Gear: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-c5a79dbae1d7

6 Minute Parse on Ops Dummy (No Bloodthirst or Adrenals): http://www.torparse.com/a/26971/time...743/1349247103

Prabhunath
10.03.2012 , 09:16 AM | #7

Hope that helps.
Why do they put the Crit at 40%? I thought after 30% the returns are diminishing...most good players that I know say that between 30-35% is the optimum range.

Just wondering...
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Omophorus
10.03.2012 , 09:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
Why do they put the Crit at 40%? I thought after 30% the returns are diminishing...most good players that I know say that between 30-35% is the optimum range.

Just wondering...
Because they're derps.

40% Crit fully buffed requires a ludicrous amount of Crit Rating (450+), which costs way too much Power to achieve.

Khallus
10.03.2012 , 01:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
No.

No no no no no.

If you want to min/max any Marauder spec, there is only one thing that you do: you maximize the budget of offensive stats on every piece of gear.

For example... mods. Let's just use Deft Mod 25 as an example, because you can relatively easily obtain 2 different variants via doing older, easier Operations. 25A has 61 Strength and 11 Power. 25B has 48 Strength and 37 Power. Point for point, Strength is ever so slightly better than Power, so you'd think the 25A is better, but the total budget of Strength + Power is significantly higher on the 25B, making it the better piece.

You basically want to avoid having more than 100% melee accuracy as it appears on your character sheet (everything but Assault gets a 10% bonus, so the "110%" number people bandy about is actually reached for all intents and purposes at 100%), and your Critical Rating (not %!) in the 100-300 range.

Let's be crystal clear on one thing: most of the guides for any class available online are wrong. They're rarely ever written by people who back up their recommendations with extensive parsed data, a good understanding of the game formulae, and all the little tricks that are built into the system (like the isSpecial flag on attacks providing bonus accuracy).

There are a few folks, like LagunaD, who do all of those things, but they tend not to write guides, just post things from time to time that help better illuminate various aspects of the classes in this game.

We have the parsed data to say with confidence that you don't need more than 100% base (110% special) Accuracy, and we have the mathcraft (thanks to LagunaD) to show that for the range of ~100-300 Critical Rating, there is a less than 1% difference in overall DPS (since only Crit and Power are interchangeable, losing one means picking up the other). Laguna's math was specific to Carnage, but the breakdown of damage per skill for Annihilation and Rage gives every reason to believe that the mathcraft is equally valid for those specs.

Other than those 2 constraints, you always get the best results by maximizing the total offensive budget you have available (or can reasonably attain) at any given point in time.
Well put, Omophorus. Good advice.

HawtSheit
10.03.2012 , 05:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
No.

No no no no no.

Hi Omophorus
Thanks for the info very helpful, i was unsure of what this site was suggesting after looking into it further. Looks like i need to drop some crit and work on those mods, im currently basically all in on the strength augment any advice on if i should continue focusing all augments into strength or switch some out for power?