Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How big a Star Wars fan are you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How big a Star Wars fan are you?

starfir
10.10.2012 , 10:28 PM | #41
I have watched every SW movie and read every SW book as soon as I was able to understand them. I am and always will be a Star wars fan
"Do or do not, there is no try"- Jedi Grand Master Yoda

HiddenPalm
10.11.2012 , 09:24 PM | #42
I read every single Star Wars comic book ever written to date. Even the original marvel series and the original comic strips that appeared in the Los Angeles Times Syndicate. I had stopped reading comic books in 1989, but started again in 2006 where I rediscovered Star Wars comic books and caught up with everything and never stopped since. I have also played all of the video games and still play Atari's Empire Strikes Back pretty hardcore, thank god for emulators and cheap gamepads on ebay.

I never read a novel, only a few Star Wars audio books here and there. The Star Wars Universe is pretty gigantic. Those who have only read novels and not the graphic novels have only half the story. I can only imagine its the same for those who have only read the graphic novels but not the novels. For those who have only played the video games, have only gotten a glimpse into the Universe. And for those who only saw the movies, only have a shadow of what Star Wars truly is.

But for those who grew up with the toys (not collectors) ... they have truly lived Star Wars like no other. No video game can ever top that experience. Star Wars is about one's own imagination. Novels really bring out the imagination in fans, because they have to imagine what they are reading visually, they have to imagine the sounds. Graphic novels do as well, just slightly less visual imagination is required. Movies and cartoons even less. And video games the least, though video games today are more interactive than ever which are challenging our minds almost like toys, the original interaction. As for Lego Star Wars .... let's be honest only rich kids play with that. Shame. I'm glad I grew up in the era I did, as I was definitely a Star Wars kid. I even had the lightsaber that lit up and the one that made sounds when you swung it the air, from the 80's. And I got modern day lightsabers from ultrasabers today, that I still play with. I don't collect anything, I play. Stunt sabers, baby. If you don't play you haven't interacted with the Universe, you have only sat there and watched.

There is one Star Wars video game I have always wanted to play, that escaped my grasp. It was a java game for phones that weren't smart phones but can still play some java games. It took place in Yoda's home. I forgot exactly how it went, but I believe Yoda would tell you wise sayings while he cleaned his home or something like that.

Oh yeah, I also play Pazaak on my droid. I have a good strategy. It works every time.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Henu
10.12.2012 , 08:14 PM | #43
let you know once ive finished the movies.
Kripty / Snips

darthweezy
10.13.2012 , 09:59 PM | #44
I have been a huge fan since 1977. I remember our local movie theatre would let you watch movies over and over if you didn't leave the theatre so me and my friends stayed there all day. I've never missed an opening night and I never will. I'm not an OT purist; anything that is created to expand the SW universe, I love.
I started out as just a collector of the 3 3/4" figs and vehicles and now at almost 41 years of age, I have moved into props, prop replicas, costumes, and autographs.
I can't figure out how the other poster earlier mentioned he has $100K in his room when I have nearly a quarter of a mil in collectibles all over the house!
I'm currently working on making my home theatre look like an Imperial briefing room onboard the Death Star or a Star Destroyer. I have personalized autographs from actors from all 6 movies. I have a piece of the Death Star used in Episode IV; one of my prized pieces is an Icons Darth Vader lightsaber signed to me by David Prowse.
As I've said before, every room in my house has something related to Star Wars in it- whether it be a book for some reading in the bathroom (ha!) or a full size Darth Vader watching movies with me in my theatre, Star Wars is all over the place!
Since my wife and children are exposed to Star Wars every day, they are also huge fans. My children love the movies and the Clone Wars series. My daughter is just starting to play SWTOR and I think I have my wife conned into it too!
But, my biggest Star Wars legacy is that my son's name is Anakin....

Malefik
10.14.2012 , 09:10 AM | #45
I saw the first movie when it came out and was blown away by it. I can remember to this day driving home in my VW bug like it was a Tie fighter flashing my lights like lasers. ( I was prob. diving without a lic.) To this day I can still watch SW's movies over and over. I am also a big fan of Joseph Campbell. I think that sums it up. Yes I'm OLD but when it comes to SW I'm still a kid.
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999