Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How big a Star Wars fan are you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How big a Star Wars fan are you?

Etapi
10.02.2012 , 06:05 PM | #1
I myself am a pretty big fan, and have been since I was 7 and saw Ep IV for the first time when it was released in 77. Proof!

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6448/newtatl.jpg

Canino
10.02.2012 , 06:07 PM | #2
Nice tattoo. I'm a huge fan, I'm considered a nerd a school. Oh, well...
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Kyriosgundam
10.02.2012 , 06:07 PM | #3
I was born less than a month before Return of the Jedi was first released in January 1983 I would say thats proof enough.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Etapi
10.02.2012 , 06:10 PM | #4
I actually also have a republic tat on the other arm, ep. IV style as well, with a starfield in the background, but no convenient shots of it. Also, it says 'The Force is strong with this one' in case you can't read it.

Been discussing with my tat guy about a Boba Fett on my calf, that will probably be my next piece.

Not my only tats, but some of my fav's for sure.

Rigsta
10.02.2012 , 07:06 PM | #5
I guess it depends how you define "fan." I like the 3 original movies (apart from the Ewok bit) and read a couple of the novels, and many of the games have been good or even exceptional - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight/2/Academy, TIE fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Republic Commando, KOTOR. Eps 1 & 2 were cinematic atrocities, but the change of mood in ep 3 was refreshing. It finally felt like the prequels were actually telling a story instead of just arbitrarily dropping names & lines from the originals in between cringeworthy attempts at comedy, nauseating "romantic" scenes and gratuitious lightsaber battles.

I don't like the the black & white nature of the movies. Empire bad Republic good, Sith bad Jedi good. Empire big oppressor, Republic moral-highground-underdog.

Erm, why the heck am I playing a Star Wars game?

I love sci-fi. The Star Wars universe is a rich canvas to write a story on. SWTOR's stories actually have grey areas. People in the republic are doing good things, doing stupid things, doing just plain evil things. Ditto Empire. I liked the trooper storyline, it fits the class very well (you're a soldier, it's a war story). I like the smuggler's storyline, again it fits the class well and is quite light-hearted compared to the trooper story. Both stories are well-paced as the war escalates.

And I've just started chapter 2 of the Imperial Agent storyline. The Empire actually has depth to it. Alot of depth. I won't spoil the storyline.

So although I'm not a Star Wars fan, I am a SWTOR fan.

Etapi
10.02.2012 , 07:10 PM | #6
Love the Star Wars universe myself, not just the movies. The books provide a huge, rich tapestry to explore. And they are much more flushed out than the movies are. Hence the fact that I have both factions tattoo's

Rigsta
10.02.2012 , 07:21 PM | #7
I may have to get reading then. I still have most of the Honor Harrington series and all of the Lost Fleet series to get through though so it'll be a while.

Skoobie
10.02.2012 , 07:32 PM | #8
5 foot, 8 inches. 130lbs.

Pirana
10.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Etapi View Post
I myself am a pretty big fan, and have been since I was 7 and saw Ep IV for the first time when it was released in 77. Proof!

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6448/newtatl.jpg
Pretty close to my age. Saw it in '77 at the age of eight.

To answer the question though, very big fan or I wouldn't be playing this game. Waiting patiently while EAWare cycles through their ebbs and flows.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Adoramei
10.02.2012 , 08:54 PM | #10
Such a big fan that I only accept the (non-prequel) books and the original trilogy as canon.

<3