Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Necrosis_KoC
10.06.2012 , 08:42 AM | #81
What worked for me was not just turning off the nameplate scaling but turning off EVERY nameplate option. Can't see *** anything is but the game runs smoothly at least. Map screens still have bad flicker tho

CMoldas
10.06.2012 , 11:09 AM | #82
I have to agree with sandmanusd on this one, I have tried everything suggested here with no luck.

1.4 messed up something badly. This game played so well with no tech issues for me from launch all the way up to 1.4. So disappointing.

Not only is stuttering so bad at times you can't play, I have crashed to desktop more times in a week than I EVER did from launch. Actually only one or two crashes maybe since Decemeber to 1.4 Now like 3 times just yesterday. I crashed recalling a companion and a couple times selecting my ship from the shuttle on Voss. I hope this is not symptomatic of F2P or I will be quitting.

I could care less how quick content gets released. If it is not ready or breaks the game than that is worse than not doing anything at all, seriously. I thought PTS was there for a reason. I'm not going to have a hissy fit if you promise 6 weeks and it takes 8 or whatever, just make sure it WORKS please. /rant off
-Vakkus
- Prophecy of the Five

spond
10.06.2012 , 11:35 AM | #83
Now the windowed mode work around doesn't work.

......... but it HAS to be something wrong with my computer because its defiantly not anything on the other end.

CMoldas
10.06.2012 , 11:59 AM | #84
Windowed mode never helped me.
-Vakkus
- Prophecy of the Five

fantasyraver
10.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #85
I did all the troubleshooting steps and still the game stutters to no end, when before the 1.4-b patch it didn't. Also Lightsaber trails removed? *** that was cool.

Bucckevin
10.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #86
i7 @ 4.2ghz, 6gb ram, swtor on ssd, gtx 470 sli, windows 7 64bit.

game stutters a lot but if i turn shadow quality, character detail and character altasing to low, the stuttering goes down a big but it's still there.

I check cpu while swtor is running and it only runs at 10-20% cpu usage at all times. gpu usage for me is about 30% on both cards.

Roalmo
10.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Bucckevin View Post
i7 @ 4.2ghz, 6gb ram, swtor on ssd, gtx 470 sli, windows 7 64bit.

game stutters a lot but if i turn shadow quality, character detail and character altasing to low, the stuttering goes down a big but it's still there.

I check cpu while swtor is running and it only runs at 10-20% cpu usage at all times. gpu usage for me is about 30% on both cards.
Hate to say this old bean.. but do try it without the sli thing. Some mmos just hate sli and cross-fire for some peeps. Its a weird thing. And sometimes you have to yank the second card out before it clears up..weird I know, and I know there are some sli rigs that work.. but check it out, can't hurt.

CMoldas
10.06.2012 , 03:49 PM | #88
You can try disabling SLI but I wouldn't go as far as yanking the card out. I lot of peeps have the stutter issue in a single card setup.

My SLI worked fantastic before 1.4.
-Vakkus
- Prophecy of the Five

sandmanusd
10.06.2012 , 05:13 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Hate to say this old bean.. but do try it without the sli thing. Some mmos just hate sli and cross-fire for some peeps. Its a weird thing. And sometimes you have to yank the second card out before it clears up..weird I know, and I know there are some sli rigs that work.. but check it out, can't hurt.
Not gonna lie, I wish you SLI / Crossfire people would go away TBH...

You are gonna confuse them again and make them release some other garbage non fix for an issue that is OBVIOUSLY not related in any way shape or form to SLI / Crossfire... at all... in the least... not in any way

GVitanza
10.06.2012 , 07:19 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by fantasyraver View Post
I did all the troubleshooting steps and still the game stutters to no end, when before the 1.4-b patch it didn't. Also Lightsaber trails removed? *** that was cool.
I did the same, and to be honest it actually got a little worse. I guess the best thing to do is wait until they decide to acknowledge the problem....at the very least they should say they are working on it or something.
Dezomere - Sorcerer dps <I carry scrubs> POT5
Garius (unguilded) Jedi Covenant