Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lithonion
10.03.2012 , 12:43 AM | #21
Yep, this helped alot!!

Arcadius-Fett
10.03.2012 , 02:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by zonner View Post
Patch 1.4.0b did not fix my stuttering.... Try again...
This.

ConnorSalak
10.03.2012 , 03:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
  • Set shadows to low or off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Perform a Clean boot.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
Thank you Cerimon! You helped me to get rid of the Stutter (in my case deleting the .ini file did it, deleting the cache file alone did not help)!
Now I'm running SWTOR in its _highest_ settings in the highest possible resolution! (Fullscreen btw)
I'm getting stable 110fps without vsync.
The only glitches I'm experiencing right now, are the fps drop after using the galaxy map and an occasional background flicker (tested on Tattooine).

Coldbayne
10.03.2012 , 04:08 AM | #24
I had the same stuttering after 1.4.

After reviewing list of possible fixes, several things I tried fixed the issue, one was switching out of fullscreen to full screen window mode, the other was surprisingly removing the scaling of nameplates, so I opted for this second fix as the least intrusive and am now back to enjoying smooth gameplay.

Thanks

Royox
10.03.2012 , 04:45 AM | #25
Quote:
Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

I have nothing inside Appdata folder (only a microsoft called folder). I'm running Windows7 and I can see hidden folders.

edit: my gosh Used "see hidden folder" on USERNAME folder and now I can see it.

Elysith
10.03.2012 , 04:57 AM | #26
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete....
I've tried all of this and it did not help.
However the fact that running the game in "Fullscreen(Windowed)" mode, instead of "Fullscreen" fixes the issue for me, led me to think it was related to a VSync problem (since VSync does not apply in Windowed), but toggling VSync ON or OFF while testing "Fullscreen" did not seem to help..

.. until I just found out that the in game VSync toggle is bugged. Toggling it ON or OFF is not taken into account when pressing [OK] or [Apply Changes], unless you happen to modify another setting at the same time, such as Graphics Quality Preset.

I noticed this issue when I used CTRL+SHIFT+F to display the FPS. It always remained capped at 60 fps showing VSync was still ON, even if I just toggled OFF in the settings.

After successfully turning VSync OFF, by changing another Graphics setting at the same time as explained just above, the FPS jumped immediately to about 110, and then the stutter was gone.

Now about the stutter, while VSync is ON, it only happens when I turn the camera around. If I just stay still and watch the environment and stuff moving in front me, there is no stutter.
However when turning the camera left or right, then stutters appears, but yet the FPS remains at a steady 60.
Somehow it's like the stutter is not caused by graphics performance, but is camera rotation related. It's like since update 1.4, while VSync is ON, the camera moves "by jumps" when rotating instead of moving smoothly creating a stuttering effect.

Gramdar
10.03.2012 , 05:07 AM | #27
None of it helped, i'm still stuttering.
Half of my guild hasn't logged on for a week now because of this issue.

Metalmac
10.03.2012 , 05:16 AM | #28
Other then myself my Guild has not had more then 8 log ons in 2 weeks.

This game is dropping dead fast and Patch 1.4 just put nails in the coffin.

I am only one left playing in a guild of 90 or so players. And I still have stutter also.

Fizzbang
10.03.2012 , 07:43 AM | #29
None of these things helped.

I did notice the VSYNC issue that if you just try to toggle it by itself, it doesnt do anything.

Back to Windowed (Fullscreen) with Shadows off I guess. (Very frustrating....same hardware and I feel like my rig is gimped when i *KNOW* it can handle this).

I should mention though that I first tried these settings on one of my characters on her ship and i thought all was well, but as soon as I loaded my character on Voss, it was apparent very quickly the issue is not resolved.

is there a specific place we should be testing?

Vince
10.03.2012 , 08:09 AM | #30
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
  • Set shadows to low or off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Perform a Clean boot.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
I am not making anymore changes on my pc or the game. Your update caused this problem, you fix it!!!