Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Writhing Horror傍error from Beyond HM Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The Writhing Horror傍error from Beyond HM Bug

madMseventeen
10.02.2012 , 02:01 PM | #1
Last night my guild and I were attempting The Writhing Horror傍error from Beyond HM and kept running into a bug where the red blood pool would not spawn after the Jealous Male appeared. We'd hear the sound but nothing showed and then the pool would show up later when the offspring appeared.

We could reset the instance and the fight would be fine during the first attempt but any attempt afterwards would result in this bug.

Anyone else seeing this?

Spatology
10.02.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
Sounds like normal fight mechanics to me.

CitizenFry
10.02.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3
The red pheromones don't do anything unless there are spawn out, so I don't think this is a bug.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Aerro
10.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #4
Just like others are saying, this is not a bug.

The mechanics are as follows:

Jealous male enrages adds when he is near them.
Adds are attracted to the tank standing in the pheromones.
Pheromones spawn when adds are likely to spawn.

Jealous Male =/ Pheromones.

Adds = Pheromones.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Pcolapat
10.04.2012 , 11:44 AM | #5
You have an aggro issue with the tank. If the tank loses aggro and one of the dps takes one of the stacks that was supposed to go on the tank, the incubation debuff will fall off the tank prematurely and kill the tank and release the adds. This will mess up the whole fight. Suggestions to prevent this. When the writhing terror burrows the first time, have all dps drop threat. This will give the tank an opportunity to get ahead on threat and hold the boss more effectively. If the tank can keep threat until the firat jealous male spawns then the tank shouldn't have any issues for the rest of the fight on threat. The dps will be fighting adds and getting way behind on threat on the main boss.

If this happens again, have all the dps check themselves. I guarantee that one of them took aggro from the tank took one of the stacks from the boss.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Journeyer
10.04.2012 , 11:55 AM | #6
I concur with Pcolapat.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Mavery
10.04.2012 , 12:13 PM | #7
As the others have eluded to, this is a tank issue. The tank cannot lose threat and only do the swaps when the Jealous Male spawns. Do this, and you won't have a problem.