Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's Where We, The Community, Went Wrong

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Here's Where We, The Community, Went Wrong

turjake
10.02.2012 , 08:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You're 100% wrong!!! WE...NONE of us...have made ANY errors. WE are not the programmers. WE are not the producers. WE are not coders. WE didn't rush anything. WE didn't make promises WE had no intention of keeping. WE are the CUSTOMER and WE have every right to demand a decent game for our $.
Dear sir, you are renting a product, not buying a service. You have a right to rent it and you have a right not to rent it. It is their product, and in the end they decide what to do with it, not you. You can ofcourse suggest changes and if the changes are good, and they are smart, they will implement it.

Quote:
When 4 of every 5 people who paid full price for this game, have QUIT it, it tells you it's just a BAD GAME.
No, it tells that 4 out of 5 persons have quit. Why they quit is a much more complex question.

MilesTheFox
10.02.2012 , 08:51 AM | #22
For the most part, no matter how badly I would like it to, I don't believe TOR is going to survive it's 10-year plan.

Because this is story-wise, a sequel to the KOTOR's, I believe it is a mistake to put the story content on the back burner and now solely focus on the opposite end of the spectrum; the players that are here solely for the raids, and other MMO-centric content.

I believe that kind of back-and-forth development will ultimately sink this game, F2P or not.

Bioware would've been much, much better off making KOTOR3, and whomever is to blame for turning it into an MMO project, be it someone at EA, LucasArts, or BW, should be fired.
Miles - Jedi Guardian - Level 50
Nightfire - Sith Juggernaught - Level 50
Nonaka - Gunslinger - Level 50

tiennen
10.02.2012 , 08:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post

Seriously, 1 week after games official release and people RUSHED to the end to complain. Bravo people.
That was my point. My previous post describes those people and fits them to a T.

They rush through the content, gobbling it up like ravenous beasts within the first month to just spit it back into the Dev's faces shouting "WE WANT MOREEEEE" like the entitled crowd that they are, expecting the game dev's to oblige them while they are more concerned with bug fixes, content updates, and overall game upkeep.

This happens with EVERY MMO. Has happened with EVERY MMO in the past 10 years.

TUXs
10.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
He is not blaming you, specifically. He is blaming the community as a whole.

I am included, he is included, you are included. We are all to blame for our vehement hate of the game on the forums since release.

To say "I am innocent" and then in the same sentence bash the game is the epitome of hypocrisy.
That's a little strong. We all are here for the same reason I assume...we want the game to succeed. Blaming US (the community) for the games shortcomings is just ignorant of reality. We all, even the ones who have quit, gave the game a shot.

Being critical of what we don't like is being honest, not hypocritical. WE know why people have left. Some of us have been here from before the start even. We know what people would like. We know what the complaints are. We play this game and are active with others who do and did. We hear the frustration in VoIP and guild chats. I don't post to be a jackhole, I post because I DO care. I care more about the people who have quit, or are planning to quit, than Bioware seems to.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

kevlarto
10.02.2012 , 08:54 AM | #25
I think TOr suffers from "Big IP Syndrome" this huge IP of Star Wars, many people had huge expections to go along with it, that would never be met by any company, I have seen requests and demands from the player base I have never seen made in other games, tie that in with the interal problems, it all spelled out something not good.

I read about a year ago some mmo research that claimed only about 20% of the total game population even comes to the forums after account creation, don't know if that is true here, but if you look through the fourms you do see allot of the same names posting over and over, not saying the other 80% are happy, they just don't bother with the forums.. Also communites have really got nasty of the years, personal attacks, name calling even threats of violence, I been around gaming for a very long time, and this is something just from the last few years, times they are changing in the world of gaming both the way companies do business and the players themselves, and allot of it seems not for the best.. /sigh
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

MilesTheFox
10.02.2012 , 08:56 AM | #26
That's a little strong. We all are here for the same reason I assume...we want the game to succeed. Blaming US (the community) for the games shortcomings is just ignorant of reality. We all, even the ones who have quit, gave the game a shot.

Being critical of what we don't like is being honest, not hypocritical. WE know why people have left. Some of us have been here from before the start even. We know what people would like. We know what the complaints are. We play this game and are active with others who do and did. We hear the frustration in VoIP and guild chats. I don't post to be a jackhole, I post because I DO care. I care more about the people who have quit, or are planning to quit, than Bioware seems to.
Yes, you are absolutely right. Bioware absolutely must listen to those who give criticism in the proper fashion. I don't believe they have been listening in the way that an MMO dev should. Maybe EA isn't letting them. Maybe they're overwhelmed with this being their first MMO. I don't know, and it's unlikely we'll ever get 100% of the facts, because publishers put a positive spin on everything they possibly can for their precious stockholders.
Miles - Jedi Guardian - Level 50
Nightfire - Sith Juggernaught - Level 50
Nonaka - Gunslinger - Level 50

TUXs
10.02.2012 , 08:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by turjake View Post
Dear sir, you are renting a product, not buying a service. You have a right to rent it and you have a right not to rent it. It is their product, and in the end they decide what to do with it, not you. You can ofcourse suggest changes and if the changes are good, and they are smart, they will implement it.

No, it tells that 4 out of 5 persons have quit. Why they quit is a much more complex question.
Thank you for the kind tone. We are most certainly paying for a service though. Your assumption that "good suggestions" will be implemented is pure speculation on your part though.

Maybe you don't know "why", but some of us do know why people have left.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

tiennen
10.02.2012 , 08:59 AM | #28

You are in the minority then, when it comes to the forum-goers early in the life of an MMO. Maybe you forget the vehement hate-speech against the game, and vile poison that was thrown about these forums early on, the bile that was spewed from the keyboards of so so many. I haven't forgotten it. I've seen it happen in game after game, from WAR to Aion to Rift to SW:TOR and to GW2. The MMO-hungry mob is never going to be pleased with a game, and they think that if they are not pleased, that game must be KILLED WITH FIRE.

There was a lot of hate directed at this game early in its life, and that hampered the growth that could have happened.

turjake
10.02.2012 , 09:10 AM | #29
Thank you for the kind tone. We are most certainly paying for a service though. Your assumption that "good suggestions" will be implemented is pure speculation on your part though.

Maybe you don't know "why", but some of us do know why people have left.
I wish I was as clairvoyant as those other people but unfortunately I am not. I still need to use those old fashioned ways to figure out what people want.

TUXs
10.02.2012 , 09:12 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
There was a lot of hate directed at this game early in its life, and that hampered the growth that could have happened.
That's pure speculation, not fact.

I believe that a GOOD GAME will sell itself. A few angry kids, even a few thousand, can't prevent a good game from succeeding.