Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why didnt the cathar come out with 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why didnt the cathar come out with 1.4

BobaTheElite
02.01.2013 , 01:59 PM | #11
Why wouldn't Wookie's be at the top of list of playable characters? They have such a small appearance it's sad. They mention Kasheek, yet that's no where to be found, how about adding some more star wars to the game? It couldn't hurt considering the thing that keeps this game alive is that it has star wars in the name.

And here is a big plus for you Bio-Ware, Wookie's don't speak basic so you don't have to devout tons of cash on voice acting.

Now please, just let the Wookie win.
-Drizit: The Most Devious Killer in the Galaxy.

mithrelkhaar
02.01.2013 , 02:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTheElite View Post
Why wouldn't Wookie's be at the top of list of playable characters? They have such a small appearance it's sad. They mention Kasheek, yet that's no where to be found, how about adding some more star wars to the game? It couldn't hurt considering the thing that keeps this game alive is that it has star wars in the name.

And here is a big plus for you Bio-Ware, Wookie's don't speak basic so you don't have to devout tons of cash on voice acting.

Now please, just let the Wookie win.
Main problem with Wookiiee as a playable race is that every race they have come out with is capable of playing all classes, and all can wear the same armor.

Wookiiee Jedi is such an out of canon type of thing that it is almost eliminated outright, thus making problem #1

Problem #2 is armor design, they aren't human, and their size requires that they wear totally different armor than other races. They would not only have to make the race, plot out the scripting, but they would have to design an entire new armor set from 1-50 for the race specifically.

Not gonna dispute that having them as opposed to other races would be a good thing, but it is alot more work than is assumed.

AshlaBoga
02.01.2013 , 06:35 PM | #13
I honestly hope we get to commit genocide on the Cathar people. Burn their filthy hides from the face of the Galaxy forever!

They are disgusting furry things and should be put down on sight.

Why is such a revolting species popular with SWTOR players? Is this part of why the game is struggling, poor taste?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Path-x
02.01.2013 , 08:11 PM | #14
I would not want Bioware waste time on something like this. Especially since Cathar are a pathetic species.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Zardac_the_Great
02.01.2013 , 08:22 PM | #15
As I understand it, the galaxy's most awesome species will be added with the expansion pack.

Selphares
02.02.2013 , 04:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I honestly hope we get to commit genocide on the Cathar people. Burn their filthy hides from the face of the Galaxy forever!

They are disgusting furry things and should be put down on sight.

Why is such a revolting species popular with SWTOR players? Is this part of why the game is struggling, poor taste?
There seem to be some deeper problems within you.

AshlaBoga
02.02.2013 , 06:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Selphares View Post
There seem to be some deeper problems within you.
Your avatar. She must die. What a hideous avatar (says the Bormu to the Cather).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Tako
02.03.2013 , 04:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
As I understand it, the galaxy's most awesome species will be added with the expansion pack.
Which is?
<--- PEOPLE'S IMPERIAL MOVEMENT PARTY EU --->
Social Guild for Casual Players
[Proud owner of CE Edition ]

Zardac_the_Great
02.03.2013 , 05:05 PM | #19
Definitely the Cathar.