Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats Recommened Gear for running SM Explosive conflict?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whats Recommened Gear for running SM Explosive conflict?

Dacer
10.01.2012 , 09:12 PM | #1
Okay, there has been some debate as to what the min gear requirments we have on people wanting to run sm EC in my guild as of late.

My opinion is that... if a Ops drops rakata gear then the person should be all columi + some rakata, but at least all columi and i believe that is what the Ops was intended for.

Well Some others in guild these days think that ppl should be rakata + blackhole + augments. Which doesnt make sense to me if you have to already have all the gear that a ops drops just to run the SM version.

Now when I first ran this back when it First came out in 1.2 My raid group at the time was mostly rakata and we were able to do it - it wasnt super easy but we cleared it. That was before we could augment an entire set of gear.

Anyway I just wanted to look to see what others think the min gear should be?

Thanks

RendValor
10.01.2012 , 09:49 PM | #2
My guild has a requierement of full Columi for SM
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

RandomXChance
10.01.2012 , 11:32 PM | #3
Before 1.4, mostly (not all) Rakata was best for running SM EC. They have nerfed it so hard, I would feel comfortable running it with some people in full Columi now.

I ran it in a PUG the other day after 1.4. No voice chat and 3 members had never been there before (including one of the tanks). We did not wipe even once. Easily on par with SM KP now.

POPsi
10.02.2012 , 02:25 AM | #4
Healed the first 3 bosses in full columi, got like 4 rakata pieces, then did the last boss, so I'd assume it can be done in full columi, at least that is our guild requirement.

theblaznee
10.02.2012 , 04:11 AM | #5
The challenge level was geared for full columi. Meaning it would be a challenge to complete it.. If you showed up in Augmented BH/Rakata gear it would be easy as long as you knew the mechanics. But the rewards tell the whole story.. You get rewarded from completing a CHALLENGE.. It's not a challenge in BH/Rakata augmentet, thus you gain nothing (since you already have the piece that would drop)..

It's not rocket science..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Infalliable
10.02.2012 , 08:03 AM | #6
After 1.4, they've lessened many of the hardest parts of the Op to make it more accessible. You should be able to do it in columi + a little rakata now if you know what you're doing.

Technically, it should be able to be done in columi, but that is going to be tough especially if you're not familiar with it.

It also depends on expectation level. If your guild just wants to blow through it to farm weeklies/comms, then that's when you tend to come up with the high gear requirements. You get this same issue on HM FPs through the group finder. They can almost all be done with n00b L50 gear/recruit gear but people want you to have rakata+ so they can do it in "record time" w/o thinking.

Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 08:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
Okay, there has been some debate as to what the min gear requirments we have on people wanting to run sm EC in my guild as of late.

My opinion is that... if a Ops drops rakata gear then the person should be all columi + some rakata, but at least all columi and i believe that is what the Ops was intended for.

Well Some others in guild these days think that ppl should be rakata + blackhole + augments. Which doesnt make sense to me if you have to already have all the gear that a ops drops just to run the SM version.

Now when I first ran this back when it First came out in 1.2 My raid group at the time was mostly rakata and we were able to do it - it wasnt super easy but we cleared it. That was before we could augment an entire set of gear.

Anyway I just wanted to look to see what others think the min gear should be?

Thanks
You can beat it in full Columi easily. Ppl always exaggerate the whole gear thing. They forget most important is skill and proper knowledge of game mechanics. You can have fulll Darth-Vader gear and still fail at BT if you dont understand game mechanics.

Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 08:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
After 1.4, they've lessened many of the hardest parts of the Op to make it more accessible. You should be able to do it in columi + a little rakata now if you know what you're doing.

Technically, it should be able to be done in columi, but that is going to be tough especially if you're not familiar with it.

It also depends on expectation level. If your guild just wants to blow through it to farm weeklies/comms, then that's when you tend to come up with the high gear requirements. You get this same issue on HM FPs through the group finder. They can almost all be done with n00b L50 gear/recruit gear but people want you to have rakata+ so they can do it in "record time" w/o thinking.
So true. Ppl come to LI hm in full augmented BH and kick anyone that doesnt have at least 20k HP lol Everythings needs to be FACEROLL these days. Funniest thing is when you got some 27k Assassin tank, that hasnt even learned to disrupt incinerate despite all his fancy gear. Laughable..

Atramar
10.02.2012 , 08:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
So true. Ppl come to LI hm in full augmented BH and kick anyone that doesnt have at least 20k HP lol Everythings needs to be FACEROLL these days. Funniest thing is when you got some 27k Assassin tank, that hasnt even learned to disrupt incinerate despite all his fancy gear. Laughable..
I've seen tank rakata/bh augumented, jugg, using smash and default attack.. only. not even a jump
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ephesia
10.02.2012 , 08:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
You can beat it in full Columi easily. Ppl always exaggerate the whole gear thing. They forget most important is skill and proper knowledge of game mechanics. You can have fulll Darth-Vader gear and still fail at BT if you dont understand game mechanics.
It is beatable in full Columi, but by no means "easily". It will challenge you to a degree.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst