Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deadly saber question

ACTroyan
10.01.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
Torheads effect details show that deadly saberr has a tick rate of 3s and a duration of 6s... My question is do you get a tick immediately upon applying it? Or not untill 3s later? For instance if its dmg is applied initially it will hit for small amount from 1stack then a medium hit when u stack second and a hard 3rd as well as ticks after the last stack is applied for 6s duration OR does it just apply and wait 3s before first tick?

Altheran
10.01.2012 , 04:09 PM | #2
I remember some yellow numbers showing at the same time of attacks or shortly after, so I always supposed it applied its first tick instantaneously. With a 3s time, it wouldn't be able to damage during the two first attacks and the 3s would reset if a stack is applied again which would result at waiting 7.5s before the first tick when the 3 stacks are applied in chain of 3 abilities.

PS : I think the 3s time between each tick is wrong... I remember to be able to put a DoT on someone, use Berserk and escape the fight (with camouflage) and still being able to have the 6 healing procs... so logically the time between each tick should be 1s.

Karasuko
10.01.2012 , 04:14 PM | #3
ACtually I'll add to this in a sidetracky fashion.
How the hell do I roll my deadly saber dot?

I can normally get a refresh off for the second application but I just cant get the third application to refresh the dot before it drops off.
Keep in mind im only lvl 30 so i might be missing a talent that refreshes the dot.

ACTroyan
10.01.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4
Sounds lika bug

Karasuko
10.01.2012 , 09:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ACTroyan View Post
Sounds lika bug
I honestly think its a timing issue on my part. Was looking for advice on how to improve my timing.

Xerain
10.02.2012 , 12:47 AM | #6
Yes it instant ticks.

ACTroyan
10.21.2012 , 11:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I remember some yellow numbers showing at the same time of attacks or shortly after, so I always supposed it applied its first tick instantaneously. With a 3s time, it wouldn't be able to damage during the two first attacks and the 3s would reset if a stack is applied again which would result at waiting 7.5s before the first tick when the 3 stacks are applied in chain of 3 abilities.

PS : I think the 3s time between each tick is wrong... I remember to be able to put a DoT on someone, use Berserk and escape the fight (with camouflage) and still being able to have the 6 healing procs... so logically the time between each tick should be 1s.
Its possible torhead is wrong but u might be thinking of rupture cuz that says it ticks every sec for 6s

As for the application problem... I just hope i dont have the issue... I never paid much attention to it before but i will now just to make sure