Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank the stories 1-8

flyersfan
10.07.2012 , 02:48 AM | #41
Ones I've completed:
  1. Trooper
  2. Warrior
  3. Consular
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
  4. Knight
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 04:24 AM | #42
I have not completed Jedi Knight entirely yet - I am currently on Belsavis (and not for the dailies) - but I am kinda surprised so many people find it second best after the Imperial Agent's. It didn't occur particularly good to me yet.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

RixoFutu
10.07.2012 , 04:30 AM | #43
Imperial Agent
Sith Warrior
Smuggler
Trooper

Jedi Knight
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Kyneris
10.07.2012 , 08:45 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I have not completed Jedi Knight entirely yet - I am currently on Belsavis (and not for the dailies) - but I am kinda surprised so many people find it second best after the Imperial Agent's. It didn't occur particularly good to me yet.
I know exactly how you feel. I must have missed something epic when I levelled my Jedi Guardian because in the exception of the endings to Chapter 2 and 3 it wasn't all that amazing imo.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Andrellma
10.07.2012 , 08:52 AM | #45
Of the ones I've completed.

1)IA
2)SW
3)BH
4)SI

Have made significant progress in, but not completed Smuggler and Jedi Knight...and if I had to place them on the list as well....it would look something like this.

1)IA
2)SW
3)SM
4)BH
5)JK
6)SI

Have started Trooper and Jedi Consular, but only taken them as far as the fleet, so I don't feel comfortable placing them.

matapat
10.07.2012 , 11:29 AM | #46
1. IA - definitely the best in the game, well-written, interesting companions. great twists, memorable antagonists. Very enjoyable as either alignment.

2. SW - Particularly light side. Massive deconstruction of everything it is to be Sith, trolling Jedi left and right and taking the moral highground away from them (if LS). The only real class storyline where a major storyline decision actually matters
Spoiler
Really entertaining villain.

3. JK - As light side it's the quintessential Jedi Knight Hero story, as Dark Side it's hilarious watching other Jedi, especially Satele, look on at abject horror at everything you're doing but unable to do anything about it since you're
Spoiler
. Fantastic companions, great villains.

4. SI - As dark side it's pure hammy comedic sociopathy, LS is ok too as the sympathetic former slave that doesn't want to see others go through what they did. Fun characters, especially the enigmatic bro Khem Val. Story itself is not all that strong.

5. BH - Hilarious one-liners, great companions, decent story but it is what it is storyline -wise.

6. JC - Terrible storyline that's completely predictable as LS or makes no freaking sense as DS. Mostly forgettable and shallow companions. Probably worst storyline in the game.

Haven't played through Smuggler or Trooper yet, but I have a hard time believing either is worse than JC.

kustrin
10.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #47
Rankings of the stories I've completed or at least gotten past Chapter 2:

Memorable Story Lines:

IA
One of the few times in a video game where I totally didn't see the plot twists coming.

SW
The last cutscene after the final story fight made all the tedium of leveling through boring planets worth it. Nothing else I've experienced in any game I can remember has ever given me the incredible sense of awesome power and magnificence as that scene.

Meh Story Lines but Other Factors Made Up For it:

BH
Pretty standard checklist storyline but Mako...Mako, Mako, Mako. Oh and Blizz.

Terrible Story Lines:

JC
Personal preference but I hate the female voice actor's voice. UGH. And the darkside story. Chapter 1 left me wondering why the Jedi Council didn't have me arrested for treason. Chapter 2 was better but still bad. Chapter 3 is far better but still only mediocre at best.

Haven't gotten past chapter 1:

JK- liked it so far
Smuggler- my own personal Chewie!!!
SI- on the fence. Hate Khem though; can't wait to get another comp.

Trooper- ARGHGHGGHGHGHGH!!!!

Whoever wrote the trooper story must have gotten his/her idea of the military from watching bad 80's action movies. Special Forces soldiers DO NOT go around announcing that they are Special Forces. Heck, if a civvie in a combat zone knows someone is Special Forces, or they even SEE a special forces unit, the SF guys have probably already failed in their mission.

The only ones really into all the "Ooorahh" "Rah RAh" BS are line infantrymen...ground pounding grunts who are a dime a dozen and die just as quickly. The more elite you are, the less rigidly you follow all the useless regs desk jockeys put in place to give the grunts something to do.

/end rant

SOULCASTER
10.07.2012 , 06:11 PM | #48
I've played the Sith Inquisitory story to level 31 so far. Thats the best story. 2nd would be Bounty Hunter. No surprise there as bioware favores the Imperial side though

as for my 4 level 50 republic characters? ALL of their stories are HORRRRRIBLE. F@#$ing HORRIBLE.

I wish I could remove class story altogether in this game and just make my own character and have my own story. Oh wait, this game isnt' about players having their own story, its about them writing our story for us on rails. My bad. What was I thinking...
Prophecy of the Five
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

NRN_Hawk
10.07.2012 , 06:17 PM | #49
first off: the class stories are what I like so so much in this game, more than all those (when playing an alt that is) boring side quests

My Ranking so far (first three are completed):

Sith Warrior - because I loved the Bane book and it had all those typical Sith Warrior things ^^
Jedi Knight - yeah it has some "slow" parts, but it has all the oldschool Star Wars Spirit
Sith Inquisitor - there were some epic things and one scene where I had to laugh for an hour or longer because it reminded me of Bud Spencer

next to be 50 will be my Agent - I like the story so far, but some parts are boring too, guess that's because I'm always 4 levels below, that's why I don't like sidequesting on alts it keeps you off the stories

I like all stories tho, there are often parts when it's continuing slower, if you get what i mean, sry german here ^^ - but the stories are the part that I love most and I can't wait to have all classes on 50 and then play my other alts with the other AC and the completely opposite way again.

I'm missing a lot of Star Wars spirit in this game, maybe because I've played almost every SW pc game out there, but the stories in this are awesome. Can't wait to have more of that, too bad my gear (or timezone) locks me out of the Operations.

My Bounty Hunter is just starting Chapter 2 and it's fun as well. Plus all those Republic toons, oh well Iike em all.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

spectreclees
10.07.2012 , 06:19 PM | #50
There's already a huge thread on this with actual ranking on the front page of the thread, just search it in the story and lore section. Just fyi.