Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Memory Leak and other Bugs, bad Performance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
1.4 Memory Leak and other Bugs, bad Performance

Cyber_Addict_NL
10.04.2012 , 07:59 PM | #11
I also have more crashes and graphical issues, since the last update 1.4. Like UI still showing in loading screens, shadows which are flickering and not showing right and weird lines of light, while in combat. Also framerate isn't that smooth anymore, it's often stuttering (not much, but noticable). I didn't install new drivers for my videocard, so I'm sure it's the last update, which is giving me these problems. Also the chance of finding a schematic from reverse ingeneering, has been very low since the update, so low even that I have stopped doing it, because it just takes to much time, creds and patience, to be fun / usefull anymore.
My system : i5 2500 CPU, ATI HD 6970, 8 GB DDR 3 1333 Mhz RAM, Creative X-fi gamer soundcard, windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
MMORPG Padawan

Necrosis_KoC
10.04.2012 , 09:48 PM | #12
Same issues, major graphics lag since 1.4, maps seem to flicker badly - including minimap. Running on:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 proc 2.8Ghz
12 GB RAM
Dual ATI 5870s cross'd

No freaking way I should be having graphics issues, shadows completely off all recommended fixes attempted.

Jeroenv
10.04.2012 , 10:29 PM | #13
And don't forget, the game runs twice. You will have the actual game that you are playing, it will go up to using 3-4 GB of ram, and then you have the 'shadow version' of the game running, its around 200- 500 MB, not much but if you only have 4 GB of ram, this could / will cause issues.

I myself don't have any bugs / suttering / lag / crashes. I had crashes but i bsod but that was a conflict on my pc and fixed it. I still run the game maxed out.

Even the white square is gone all of a sudden

Omatche
10.05.2012 , 01:08 AM | #14
I'm another customer sufferring from bad performance issue since 1.4, was playing on a n alt yesterday and saw bad graphical tears while on the planet alderaan. i've been kicked back to desktop(game crashed) and lost count the amount of times that's happened. My fps has gotten worse even just idleing on fleet. And now worst of all My whole computer is crashing which i'm guessing is due to the memory Leak as it's unable to run when the game has taken over all available RAM.

Cyberberus
10.05.2012 , 01:25 AM | #15
Fun part for me with these issues is I still have the "unable to load application configuration" windows error so when the game does its CTD thing I have to reboot just to get it to run again.

Hair tearing frustration at its worst

xViiRGIL
10.05.2012 , 01:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberberus View Post
Fun part for me with these issues is I still have the "unable to load application configuration" windows error so when the game does its CTD thing I have to reboot just to get it to run again.

Hair tearing frustration at its worst
yeah ive been getting that again as well. I hadn't had this happen since right after 1.1 dropped on my system. Also ive been playing one of my alts trying to get him to endgame (my jugg), and two nights ago, i was running the FP Cademimu with a few randoms via the groupfinder. Everything was going peechy keen until we tried to use the alternate taxi that you can use if your group has a slicer above 200. After using the taxi, it crashes the game and when you relog the combat log says that you fell to your death?

I tried it multiple times, and finally gave up, until tonight (just wanted to get the quest out of my journal lol) at lvl 39 im soloing it and everything is going according to plan, until i do the sliced taxi again. Boom immeadiate crash to desktop.

I use to have faith in BW but im starting to lose my patience
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/555b43127ec33950.png
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/45bcfe02e48a555c.png
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take. Im sick of staring at the hoop with the ball in my hands."

Omatche
10.05.2012 , 03:23 AM | #17
todays idea...lets run daily's for an hour and get some credits. Logged on Ran all in black hole and finished no problems. went back to travel point to jump to Belsavis from door selection. Loading screen comes....but i'm stuck yet again. can't login to my character's anymore as apparently my main is still logged in :/

crazyBE
10.05.2012 , 05:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xViiRGIL View Post
yeah ive been getting that again as well. I hadn't had this happen since right after 1.1 dropped on my system. Also ive been playing one of my alts trying to get him to endgame (my jugg), and two nights ago, i was running the FP Cademimu with a few randoms via the groupfinder. Everything was going peechy keen until we tried to use the alternate taxi that you can use if your group has a slicer above 200. After using the taxi, it crashes the game and when you relog the combat log says that you fell to your death?

I tried it multiple times, and finally gave up, until tonight (just wanted to get the quest out of my journal lol) at lvl 39 im soloing it and everything is going according to plan, until i do the sliced taxi again. Boom immeadiate crash to desktop.

I use to have faith in BW but im starting to lose my patience
Yep I crashed after clicking the taxi as well in GF cademimu and it kicked our entire group out of the FP.
Also having the "game not responding" bug every hour or so during loading screens (very frustrating when you're trying to PvP)

Landerk
10.14.2012 , 08:26 PM | #19
While a memory leak has always been there, 1.4 made it worse or added a new one. About 6 months ago I downloaded a program called memory cleaner, and it solved all my problems with lag and crashing after moving around to different planets or zones alot. When 1.4 dropped the memory cleaner will still clean the same file as before, the game creates two files now that is sucking up memory, and not clearing itself when not in use, if you open up task manager you will see two files that are called swtor while the game is running, if you leave the game, you will still see 1 swtor file running. The one that is still running fills up and causes my game to crash. And I suspect that same 2nd swtor file that is running is causing other peoples game crash as well.

Kyuuu
10.14.2012 , 09:58 PM | #20
those 2 swtors exe running is bw way of getting around 32bit exe memory limits, If they actual did 64bit exe there would only be one. Or so BW has said multiple times

I not defend bw cause I have see the 1st exe hit 2.5gb and the 2nd one hit 1.8gbs. There is defiantly a leak some place, restart client only fix and temp one. have 6gb ram and after about 2-3 hours i have no free ram left and 90+% is being used I use to have the client running x3 longer before 1.4 and ram usage was never that huge.