Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rayla_Felana
10.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
If you can read, I said ADDRESS, not fix..........do you understand there is a difference? I obviously know that the community team has nothing to do with the actual fixing of bugs. It is well within their scope of abilities to acknowledge and address threads that report bugs.
Yes because I am sure they don't ALREADY KNOW about those bugs given the spamming about it.

Oh and if you want to point out reading comprehension I suggest you re-read my reply.

xShingo
10.01.2012 , 01:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
If you can read, I said ADDRESS, not fix..........do you understand there is a difference? I obviously know that the community team has nothing to do with the actual fixing of bugs. It is well within their scope of abilities to acknowledge and address threads that report bugs.
How exactly are they supposed to address it when the people who actually fix it aren't giving them any answers? Pull an answer out their ***? lol
Quote: Originally Posted by JabbasHat View Post
Uh...I would like some gear for playing with myself...please?!

Otembe
10.01.2012 , 01:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
When I left her on the ship forever was my favorite moment.

My Favorite companion is Khem Val. He's the best. If I could I'd let Khem Val eat my character and play as Khem Val I would.

A couple points on companions I'd like to talk about. Thank you for giving us them. I really appreciate they are unique. Its probably one of the best parts of SWTOR. Sadly, I have to store my favorite companions when questing to pull out the healer companion, whom I most often hate.

So if you could give every companion the healer abilities and ability to be put into healer mode, dramatically increase the dps, or allow us to have 2 companions out (less likely) I think everyone would enjoy them more.

Sadly, running with your favorite DPS/Tank companion when your a tank or dps yourself, just results in 5 times the amount of deaths. So you either swap at story time, or just suffer the deaths, or you have to have them out before a cut scene because often its hard to switch before the fight starts. I am sure healers probably run DPS and have healer companions just because we kill more efficiently then the dps companions.

I've run every class, seen almost every companion and have really wanted to use some over others. Sadly, its almost always 100% better to be the DPS/tank and have a healer out then use your awesome companion.

Whether it was my Assassin and my love of Khem Val or T7, you are forced to abandon them over the healer or go for the healer bot as you are far better off in the game. Don't get me wrong I like some of the healers and would use them over the DPS, but most of the time the healer is your only viable choice and THAT IS JUST WRONG!

Thanks,

Now fix it. Its easy to fix and been pointed out since BETA as an Easy fix for the developers to make.
I find that DPS companions are much more useful to leveling tanks than healing companions, personally; with my first couple of tank characters, practicing threat and cooldown management while my companion dealt the killing blows in my alone time permitted me to walk into my first Flashpoints with the comfort that came with familiarity with my class, spec, and role. The choice of a tank main character and a DPS companion (or tank companion with his threat generating moves turned off) made the tank role so comfortable, so quickly, that it's what I would recommend to new players for their first toon.

With that said, I'm sure the staff are going to do a Republic companion second, but surely Vette must be the next Imperial choice. Right?

Darth_Taral
10.01.2012 , 01:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I like it. Vette please!
Agreed.

Trenter
10.01.2012 , 01:46 PM | #15
Awesome feature! Please do keep these running. I've missed lore updates a lot.

Personally I haven't played the Imperial side yet (saving it for later!) so I can't share any Kaliyo moments, but for the next blog I'd really like to see Tanno Vik featured. One of my absolute favourites.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Eleghoste
10.01.2012 , 01:47 PM | #16
Aric Jorgan, please :O There would be no words.

Also could the companions page link to the blog posts about the characters? I.E. could http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/kaliyo-djannis link to http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121001 ? That'd be sweet.

Phyreblade
10.01.2012 , 01:49 PM | #17
I can't stand Kaliyo. It's part of the reason I struggle to complete a full run through of the IA story. Mostly because I see my agent as a male jason-bourne-type figure, who's stuck so much of the game with the pale-faced stab-you-in-the-back witch of a woman named Kaliyo. Really is too bad, shrug.

I'm an absolute nut for Torian Cadera and Malavai Quinn, though. Torian, because I think he's the absolute essence of the Mandalorian warrior and the subtle resonance of cultural value implicit in that identity makes him a rather fascinating character. Likewise, Quinn forces you to think about what it means to be an Imperial in a world absolutely ruled by the Sith. His focus is so extraordinary it leads to his complete and abject failure and an ending determination to rise above it.

I would love to see more about what makes these two guys tick, where they came from. Quinn, in particular, has a very obscure origin. I've RP'd the ever-living crap out of him (I believe he was an only child in an abusive household, personally) but any hint of a real background for him would be awesome.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

ElitehunterDS
10.01.2012 , 01:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xShingo View Post
How exactly are they supposed to address it when the people who actually fix it aren't giving them any answers? Pull an answer out their ***? lol
Probably because they already had the bugs report before going live with 1.4, welcome to the triage of QA, producer chose to give a go to 1.4, which i dont disagree with.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Mirmirmi
10.01.2012 , 01:56 PM | #19
Favorite Kaliyo moment: Showing her who's boss at the end of her storyline. Avoiding spoilers...it definitely was satisfying to physically put her in her place. Cleaned up her mess, and almost killed her for it.

So satisfying.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

xShingo
10.01.2012 , 01:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Probably because they already had the bugs report before going live with 1.4, welcome to the triage of QA, producer chose to give a go to 1.4, which i dont disagree with.
The community people had the bugs? I'm not talking about ea/bioware as a whole, only the community guys posting spots like this. It's like when you go to a store and complain to the cashier about the color of a shirt, the cashier doesn't have anything to do with the color of a shirt, and neither do the community reps with bugs. You have to address your complaints properly before they have a shot of being addressed.

*edit*
Kaliyo is cool, but Khem is my favorite as well
Quote: Originally Posted by JabbasHat View Post
Uh...I would like some gear for playing with myself...please?!