Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
10.01.2012 , 12:33 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

Please share your favorite Kaliyo moments in here! Also feel free to nominate your favorite companions to be featured in our next Companions 101 blog.

May the Force be with you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Samoth_Nomad
10.01.2012 , 01:25 PM | #2
scourge me up

Airmo
10.01.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3
I like it. Vette please!
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana
10.01.2012 , 01:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
So, instead of addressing the numerous bugs associated with 1.4,
i.e. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=538004
this is how bw is telling you to spend your time and resources.

/facepalm
People that think the community team have got absolutely anything to do with fixing/addressing bugs.

/facepalm.

companyoflosers
10.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #5
See "femme fatale" suggests a certain level of attractiveness if we go by the trend set by popular agents in movies and games, Kaliyo just doesn't fit that description in my opinion, maybe her personality, but the simalarities end there. I could never get into the whole bald chick thing. I guess that's why I never romanced her or Jack in mass effect. Thats just my taste though, if your a real chick who rocks the look, more power to ya, but it aint for me. Stick some hair on her and give her a less creepy appearance and keep the flirtyness, then we will talk about calling her a "femme fatale".

iamthehoyden
10.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #6
Glad to see that companions are getting some attention. I hope this will translate into continuing companion storylines.

I'd like to see Lord Scourge, Aric Jorgan, and Blizz please.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

AshaiTides
10.01.2012 , 01:30 PM | #7
Just wanted to say that this was fantastic. Vette would be nice to read about, since like Kaliyo, I'm still not sure what to make of her (still in the lower levels).

Samoth_Nomad
10.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
People that think the community team have got absolutely anything to do with fixing/addressing bugs.

/facepalm.
If you can read, I said ADDRESS, not fix..........do you understand there is a difference? I obviously know that the community team has nothing to do with the actual fixing of bugs. It is well within their scope of abilities to acknowledge and address threads that report bugs.

PlagaNerezza
10.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Please share your favorite Kaliyo moments in here! Also feel free to nominate your favorite companions to be featured in our next Companions 101 blog.

May the Force be with you!
When I left her on the ship forever was my favorite moment.

My Favorite companion is Khem Val. He's the best. If I could I'd let Khem Val eat my character and play as Khem Val I would.

A couple points on companions I'd like to talk about. Thank you for giving us them. I really appreciate they are unique. Its probably one of the best parts of SWTOR. Sadly, I have to store my favorite companions when questing to pull out the healer companion, whom I most often hate.

So if you could give every companion the healer abilities and ability to be put into healer mode, dramatically increase the dps, or allow us to have 2 companions out (less likely) I think everyone would enjoy them more.

Sadly, running with your favorite DPS/Tank companion when your a tank or dps yourself, just results in 5 times the amount of deaths. So you either swap at story time, or just suffer the deaths, or you have to have them out before a cut scene because often its hard to switch before the fight starts. I am sure healers probably run DPS and have healer companions just because we kill more efficiently then the dps companions.

I've run every class, seen almost every companion and have really wanted to use some over others. Sadly, its almost always 100% better to be the DPS/tank and have a healer out then use your awesome companion.

Whether it was my Assassin and my love of Khem Val or T7, you are forced to abandon them over the healer or go for the healer bot as you are far better off in the game. Don't get me wrong I like some of the healers and would use them over the DPS, but most of the time the healer is your only viable choice and THAT IS JUST WRONG!

Thanks,

Now fix it. Its easy to fix and been pointed out since BETA as an Easy fix for the developers to make.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

KurganNazzir
10.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #10
I can't stand Kaliyo. She was fun at first and I started down the 'romance' path with her (the main reason I rolled as a male) but I quickly grew to hate her, and my Agent threatened to kill her in the final companion quest; too bad killing companions isn't in the game anymore. I stopped using her as companion as soon as I got Vector. Obviously everyone has their own opinions and this is mine.