Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See "femme fatale" suggests a certain level of attractiveness if we go by the trend set by popular agents in movies and games, Kaliyo just doesn't fit that description in my opinion, maybe her personality, but the simalarities end there. I could never get into the whole bald chick thing. I guess that's why I never romanced her or Jack in mass effect. Thats just my taste though, if your a real chick who rocks the look, more power to ya, but it aint for me. Stick some hair on her and give her a less creepy appearance and keep the flirtyness, then we will talk about calling her a "femme fatale".

People that think the community team have got absolutely anything to do with fixing/addressing bugs.

/facepalm.

If you can read, I said ADDRESS, not fix..........do you understand there is a difference? I obviously know that the community team has nothing to do with the actual fixing of bugs. It is well within their scope of abilities to acknowledge and address threads that report bugs.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

Hey everyone,

Please share your favorite Kaliyo moments in here! Also feel free to nominate your favorite companions to be featured in our next Companions 101 blog.

May the Force be with you!

When I left her on the ship forever was my favorite moment.

My Favorite companion is Khem Val. He's the best. If I could I'd let Khem Val eat my character and play as Khem Val I would.

A couple points on companions I'd like to talk about. Thank you for giving us them. I really appreciate they are unique. Its probably one of the best parts of SWTOR. Sadly, I have to store my favorite companions when questing to pull out the healer companion, whom I most often hate.

So if you could give every companion the healer abilities and ability to be put into healer mode, dramatically increase the dps, or allow us to have 2 companions out (less likely) I think everyone would enjoy them more.

Sadly, running with your favorite DPS/Tank companion when your a tank or dps yourself, just results in 5 times the amount of deaths. So you either swap at story time, or just suffer the deaths, or you have to have them out before a cut scene because often its hard to switch before the fight starts. I am sure healers probably run DPS and have healer companions just because we kill more efficiently then the dps companions.

I've run every class, seen almost every companion and have really wanted to use some over others. Sadly, its almost always 100% better to be the DPS/tank and have a healer out then use your awesome companion.

Whether it was my Assassin and my love of Khem Val or T7, you are forced to abandon them over the healer or go for the healer bot as you are far better off in the game. Don't get me wrong I like some of the healers and would use them over the DPS, but most of the time the healer is your only viable choice and THAT IS JUST WRONG!

Thanks,

Now fix it. Its easy to fix and been pointed out since BETA as an Easy fix for the developers to make.

I can't stand Kaliyo. She was fun at first and I started down the 'romance' path with her (the main reason I rolled as a male) but I quickly grew to hate her, and my Agent threatened to kill her in the final companion quest; too bad killing companions isn't in the game anymore. I stopped using her as companion as soon as I got Vector. Obviously everyone has their own opinions and this is mine.

If you can read, I said ADDRESS, not fix..........do you understand there is a difference? I obviously know that the community team has nothing to do with the actual fixing of bugs. It is well within their scope of abilities to acknowledge and address threads that report bugs.

Yes because I am sure they don't ALREADY KNOW about those bugs given the spamming about it.

Oh and if you want to point out reading comprehension I suggest you re-read my reply.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

How exactly are they supposed to address it when the people who actually fix it aren't giving them any answers? Pull an answer out their ***? lol

When I left her on the ship forever was my favorite moment.

My Favorite companion is Khem Val. He's the best. If I could I'd let Khem Val eat my character and play as Khem Val I would.

A couple points on companions I'd like to talk about. Thank you for giving us them. I really appreciate they are unique. Its probably one of the best parts of SWTOR. Sadly, I have to store my favorite companions when questing to pull out the healer companion, whom I most often hate.

So if you could give every companion the healer abilities and ability to be put into healer mode, dramatically increase the dps, or allow us to have 2 companions out (less likely) I think everyone would enjoy them more.

Sadly, running with your favorite DPS/Tank companion when your a tank or dps yourself, just results in 5 times the amount of deaths. So you either swap at story time, or just suffer the deaths, or you have to have them out before a cut scene because often its hard to switch before the fight starts. I am sure healers probably run DPS and have healer companions just because we kill more efficiently then the dps companions.

I've run every class, seen almost every companion and have really wanted to use some over others. Sadly, its almost always 100% better to be the DPS/tank and have a healer out then use your awesome companion.

Whether it was my Assassin and my love of Khem Val or T7, you are forced to abandon them over the healer or go for the healer bot as you are far better off in the game. Don't get me wrong I like some of the healers and would use them over the DPS, but most of the time the healer is your only viable choice and THAT IS JUST WRONG!

Thanks,

Now fix it. Its easy to fix and been pointed out since BETA as an Easy fix for the developers to make.

I find that DPS companions are much more useful to leveling tanks than healing companions, personally; with my first couple of tank characters, practicing threat and cooldown management while my companion dealt the killing blows in my alone time permitted me to walk into my first Flashpoints with the comfort that came with familiarity with my class, spec, and role. The choice of a tank main character and a DPS companion (or tank companion with his threat generating moves turned off) made the tank role so comfortable, so quickly, that it's what I would recommend to new players for their first toon.

With that said, I'm sure the staff are going to do a Republic companion second, but surely Vette must be the next Imperial choice. Right?

Edited by Otembe

Awesome feature! Please do keep these running. I've missed lore updates a lot.

Personally I haven't played the Imperial side yet (saving it for later!) so I can't share any Kaliyo moments, but for the next blog I'd really like to see Tanno Vik featured. One of my absolute favourites.

I can't stand Kaliyo. It's part of the reason I struggle to complete a full run through of the IA story. Mostly because I see my agent as a male jason-bourne-type figure, who's stuck so much of the game with the pale-faced stab-you-in-the-back witch of a woman named Kaliyo. Really is too bad, shrug.

I'm an absolute nut for Torian Cadera and Malavai Quinn, though. Torian, because I think he's the absolute essence of the Mandalorian warrior and the subtle resonance of cultural value implicit in that identity makes him a rather fascinating character. Likewise, Quinn forces you to think about what it means to be an Imperial in a world absolutely ruled by the Sith. His focus is so extraordinary it leads to his complete and abject failure and an ending determination to rise above it.

I would love to see more about what makes these two guys tick, where they came from. Quinn, in particular, has a very obscure origin. I've RP'd the ever-living crap out of him (I believe he was an only child in an abusive household, personally) but any hint of a real background for him would be awesome.

How exactly are they supposed to address it when the people who actually fix it aren't giving them any answers? Pull an answer out their ***? lol

Probably because they already had the bugs report before going live with 1.4, welcome to the triage of QA, producer chose to give a go to 1.4, which i dont disagree with.

Probably because they already had the bugs report before going live with 1.4, welcome to the triage of QA, producer chose to give a go to 1.4, which i dont disagree with.

The community people had the bugs? I'm not talking about ea/bioware as a whole, only the community guys posting spots like this. It's like when you go to a store and complain to the cashier about the color of a shirt, the cashier doesn't have anything to do with the color of a shirt, and neither do the community reps with bugs. You have to address your complaints properly before they have a shot of being addressed.

*edit*

Kaliyo is cool, but Khem is my favorite as well

Edited by xShingo

Concerning romance with Kaliyo, Alex wrote:

Any romantic partner who can put up with Kaliyo through the many, many bad times, however... well, it's hard to know what he'd find.

I notice Alex calls the agent "he". Obviously, as matters stand, Kaliyo is only a romance option for male characters. But there are a lot of hints getting to know her that she's as flexible in her affections as in her loyalties. Will Kaliyo be available as a romantic option for female characters in the future?

I'd like to see Khem Val because he's such an amazing character and a mysterious one too. Yes we know he likes to eat people and has been trapped in a tomb by Tulak Hord for centuries. But that's about it. What I want to know is:

Where did he come from?

Did he have a family?

What exactly led him to become a servant of Tulak Hord?

Why did Tulak imprison him?

What's his beef with Zash?

What exactly does he think of the inquisitor? W

hat does he want? (despite gorging himself on Jedi filth :p)

Vote Khem Val! :D