Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
10.02.2012 , 09:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
but theres a few games out there that F2P currency is just treated like any other in game commodity which can be traded or put onto the auction house and it works well, and found to enhance the in game economy, as well as put more dollars into the devs as it overnight got rid of the gold sellers.
And, they have clarified that is MMO is not one of those games.

And, to clarify, it is somewhat common for buy-2-play games like GW2 to have tradeable shop currency. However, it is uncommon for true freemium (ie: dual access, subscription or free) games to do so. Why? because on a buy-2-play game every player is on equal access footing, whereas in a dual access freemium model they are not.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Digimanbyte_ID
10.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
OK, next question(s):

Can we give cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we give the items we buy with cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we trade cartel coins for credits?

Can we sell the stuff we buy with cartel coins on the GTN?
Thats a huge galactic no across the board. English translation for Cartel coins is loyalty points. Basically you will be able to buy cool things that require cash from bioware if your a sub with these coins they give to you when its time pay for your subscription.

Its a very interesting system and does make me feel like they appreciate me as a consumer rather then "hey give me you're money, and no there won't be any new content or decent fixes."

Elfa
10.02.2012 , 11:57 AM | #23
Personally, I'm not worried about hackers, this game has the best security of any game on the market.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

BrianDavion
10.02.2012 , 12:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Personally, I'm not worried about hackers, this game has the best security of any game on the market.
I GARENTEE YOU accounts have been stolen before. and if cartel coins where tradeable they'd be even worse that way.

Elfa
10.03.2012 , 09:07 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I GARENTEE YOU accounts have been stolen before. and if cartel coins where tradeable they'd be even worse that way.
Perhaps then, they should make them trade-able only to between accounts with Security Keys enabled.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

jterlecki
10.03.2012 , 09:25 AM | #26
Perhaps then, they should make them trade-able only to between accounts with Security Keys enabled.
Actually, that is a pretty smart idea. Or at a minimum - the sending account should have a security key.
The Shadowlands - PVE N.A. East| FlashPoints | Operations | Ventrillo | Signature Generator

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 09:51 AM | #27
OR, rather then put even more special case code into the game and introducing more to maintain and more possibility for bugs that negatively affect players..... just keep is simple... NO TRADEs.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Jacen_Starsolo
10.03.2012 , 09:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jterlecki View Post
Actually, that is a pretty smart idea. Or at a minimum - the sending account should have a security key.
If they do this (which I don't think they can), remind me to get my popcorn ready for the storm that will cause on the forums. That would be epic flames thrown at Bioware.

Elfa
10.03.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
OR, rather then put even more special case code into the game and introducing more to maintain and more possibility for bugs that negatively affect players..... just keep is simple... NO TRADEs.
Sure, in fact, to keep it simple, let's just have some stick figures swinging stick swords on a white background. Or, you know, we could try and expand the scope of the game and create better convenience for the playerbase instead of being a Luddite.

MadBlue
10.06.2012 , 08:47 AM | #30
Sure, in fact, to keep it simple, let's just have some stick figures swinging stick swords on a white background. Or, you know, we could try and expand the scope of the game and create better convenience for the playerbase instead of being a Luddite.
It's not about being a Luddite. Allowing people to trade Cartel Coins would encourage gold sellers to sell them for just under the price that BioWare is selling them for. Gold sellers aside, it would allow subscribers to sell them to others and make credits off what is essentially a freebie. I'm sure there will be a way to buy Cartel Coins and gift them to someone (maybe by buying Cartel Coin cards), but as far as transferring, selling or trading your own Cartel Coins, all signs point to "no".