Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi level 50

SethMorganaa
10.01.2012 , 08:46 AM | #1
Hi peeps,

I have two questions.

1. When I do the dailies and get the comms, the only ones I seem to find from the vendors are 'Armour', I couldnt really see any 'Mods' or 'Enhancements'. Can I only buy the last two from the GTM, or am I missing a vendor somewhere?

2. With the dailies, Im not really getting any more upgraded gear, see above, so would the next step for me be Hard Mode Flashpoints?

Thanks

xx

Veniras
10.01.2012 , 09:35 AM | #2
1) Correct. Mods and Enchantments will likely be rewards from daily heroics.

2) Gear up with the daily armouring, mods and enchantments. Then do hardmode flashpoints then storymode ops.

Meepbot
10.01.2012 , 09:46 AM | #3
If you go to the combat training sector of your fleet, you should find a quest at a terminal; called "new technologies" accepting this quest will give you a free set of recruit MK-2 gear, which is a great starter set once you hit 50 for PvE and PvP, even though it is a PvP set.

That being said, Im not sure if the quest even still exists, but you can still buy the gear off of the recruit vendor for your class in the same sector.
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

haliy
10.01.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4
Ilum heroic 2 reward the Enhancement
Belsavis Heroic 2's reward the Mod & Armoring
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

AMulls
10.01.2012 , 09:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SethMorganaa View Post
Hi peeps,

I have two questions.

1. When I do the dailies and get the comms, the only ones I seem to find from the vendors are 'Armour', I couldnt really see any 'Mods' or 'Enhancements'. Can I only buy the last two from the GTM, or am I missing a vendor somewhere?

2. With the dailies, Im not really getting any more upgraded gear, see above, so would the next step for me be Hard Mode Flashpoints?

Thanks

xx
To go into a bit more detail:
1. No, you're not missing a vendor. The only item modifications available from daily vendors are the armoring mods and hilts/barrels.

For Empire Side Daily Heroics:
Poisonous Strategy (Ilum Heroic 2+): Purple Enhancement
Freeing the Fallen (Belsavis Heroic 2+): Purple Mod
Lights Out (Belsavis Heroic 2+): Orange Moddable Weapon for Companions- 1 option for each companion
Old Enemies (Belsavis Heroic 2+): Purple Armoring 22- one level lower than what you can buy from the vendors
End of Torvix (Black Hole Heroic 4): Orange Chest Piece

Once you have at least the armorings and hilt/barrel you need from the daily comms, your gear should be pretty close to equivalent to Tionese, if not better. So, now you want to start trying to grab Columi pieces.

2. As the other poster noted, Hard Mode Flashpoints are your next step. These drop one piece of Columi gear per flashpoint on the end boss. And it's random, so it may not drop the piece you need. You can also start running Story Mode Eternity Vault, which is set up for Tionese gear. Particularly if you have a good group to help you get through it. That will help you rapidly upgrade your gear, since each boss in the Op drops some Columi gear.

Keep in mind, though, that continuing to do the dailies and earning the daily comms is helpful to get the Rakata Earpiece (Bind on Pickup) and a Campaign Relic or two (Bind on Pickup). The implants are helpful, too, but are Bind on Equip, so those can be purchased from the GTN in a pinch. Plus it's a good way to earn credits relatively quickly, especially if you don't play the market much.

SethMorganaa
10.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Hi peeps,

Thank you so much for taking ur time out to reply to me.

This is great, lots of info here.

Ok, now I know what to do now.

Thank you very much.

xxx

p.s Amulls, nice thread. xx