Ability Delay in 1.4

FeralPug

Hi folks,

Huge fan of the game since pre-launch. Absolutely loving the game, and the changes in 1.4 were solid.

I am however getting some strange ability delay in WZ's. It's akin to what the game felt like in early stages. In particular I notice this with flame burst, which is an instant cast ability for Powertechs. There is a noticeable delay in my instant abilities, and sometimes they don't go off at all even when they're off the GCD and ready to launch. It takes one or two more key strokes to get them to fire.

I talked to other guildies who have noticed the same thing. The game generally feels less 'snappy', which is not good especially from a PVP perspective.

Any others notice this, or am I crazy?

well some of of us have had that one for some time now. but that isnt the worst one. the worst problem i have is all the ghostcooldowns,and abilities not firing but triggering the global cooldown, also some times trigger the cooldown of the ability without firing it. those are real problem in pvp for me. in the early stages of this game on the old forums there was a lot of talk about the bad synchronisation/communication between client and server i Think that is still going on.

well some of of us have had that one for some time now. but that isnt the worst one. the worst problem i have is all the ghostcooldowns,and abilities not firing but triggering the global cooldown, also some times trigger the cooldown of the ability without firing it. those are real problem in pvp for me. in the early stages of this game on the old forums there was a lot of talk about the bad synchronisation/communication between client and server i Think that is still going on.

Haven't noticed this, but will watch for it.

I thought the game had gotten very responsive right before 1.4. Now I'm often mashing buttons and having instant cast abilities not go off when they should. This is frustrating when playing a melee/midrange class, as often your target wanders out of the happy zone while you're waiting for your ability to fire.

I also notice that both smash and flamethrower are often not hitting targets that are clearly within range. These aren't misses, but instances of damage/effects not being applied to in-range targets.

Wonder if they're part of the same issue?

Here's hoping for a quick fix.

Nothing new but... I play Sentinel and have actually more problems with these after last patch than before.

I learned to live with it earlier but now I have quite often 2 GCDs in a row messed up. On Ops dummy I dropped 200-250 DPS right after the patch.

Edited by BogyOne

Been like this for a while with me. Basically Bioware doesn't know how to fix seeing as how a terrible UI response would be a top priority. They have tried to make it better in the past, but it's getting worse again and they're not even addressing that it's a problem they're working on.

Total garbage-move their, Bioware.