Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with game code availability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Help with game code availability

GauchoLoco
12.19.2011 , 03:37 PM | #1
Hi. I pre-ordered the game on Amazon, because it was the only way to get it here; after they announced they would leave pretty much the whole world out of the launch of SWTOR. I got my code, which I thought was THE code, entered it to confirm the pre-order and waited patiently for the release.

Today I read that it turns out there is another code, which I need to enter to keep playing; but getting that code into my country will cost me like $100 USD. Effectively playing $160 USD just because I don't live in the approved latitudes and longitudes... The idea of this happening in the digital age is almost surreal, but sadly it's there.

Thus ideally I would need somebody to get me my "game code", you know the one I paid for, so I can keep playing and not have to pay a small fortune for some crappy dvds, a box and a piece of paper. I have all the info anyone may ever need to validify my claims and I see no just reason why I would have to suffer this calamity just because. If anyone can give me any help and/or directions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
¡LIBERTAD o MUERTE! ¡Por la REPÚBLICA!

orsonstfu
12.19.2011 , 03:39 PM | #2
I say have it shipped to a friend or relative stateside and have them put the code into your account or give you - the code from the box.

You should check, I am pretty sure its related directly to overnight shipping costs which are absurdly high.

Another option would be to call EA support and swap it from a hard copy and just get a digital copy instead... if money or time is the issue that is.