Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focus Fired/Stunned To the Point...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Focus Fired/Stunned To the Point...

Aluvi
09.30.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
..That it doesn't seem like it's even worth playing anymore. Anyone else feel this way since 1.4? Everything was fine and dandy up until 1.4, now I feel like solo queuing is just silly. Perhaps I'm just having a bad couple of days, but lately it feels like my encounters go:

Charge, Force Crush, stunned. Stunned. CCed. Stunned. CCed some more. Resolve full! 10% hp left! yay!
Undying rage, medpac, smash, die. Repeat.

It just isn't fun lol. I can't understand how there can be THAT many freaking stuns that are off of cooldown THAT much that every pvp encounter that I am in, I am stunlocked for a good 80% of it. I know that the change to resolve was to help overlap on stuns.. but surely, this isn't how pvp is supposed to be?

/shrug maybe I'm just having a bad day, but at this point I'm not sure if I want to continue to PvP, or play swtor at all.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> POT5
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Hazchem
10.01.2012 , 12:01 AM | #2
No, this is normal.
It's been like that from day 1, it's a rare game (solo queue) where you DON'T spend 80-90% of every game being stunlocked and killed in 9/10 encounters.
Shemyaza. Lvl 55 Sith Marauder, Carnage.
Tomb of Freedan Nadd.

Youtube Channel

revcrisis
10.01.2012 , 08:34 AM | #3
Valor 90 marauder here. I've fiddled with rage before and while it is a definitely fun spec to play, the amount of focus fire you take goes up significantly. The reason most likely stems from the fact that you're literally in everyone's face and trying to get that smash to hit a big group. When I see a few people clustered together, I'm gonna go right into the middle of them trying to get my smash to hit all. Consequently, the 3 in the cluster are going to "target closest target" and focus fire you.

As annihilation, i definitely play more strategically. i look for the low HP targets on the edges of the nodes and pick them off first. I rarely go into a group of players and try to take them all down. Living on the edges of the firefights aren't something that rage players can do because it wastes a smash. I think the sound of the smash also has something to do with it. It's a pretty frightening sound and when you see a big 6k flytext come off you, you're gonna target the guy who did it and kill him before he can do it again. Definitely a lot of getting stunned, popping undying rage every 45 seconds, and getting a smash off before dying, rinse, repeat.

Ycoga
10.01.2012 , 08:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
..That it doesn't seem like it's even worth playing anymore. Anyone else feel this way since 1.4? Everything was fine and dandy up until 1.4,
*looks at forum section this is in*

*giggles*
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

JattaGin
10.01.2012 , 08:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
..That it doesn't seem like it's even worth playing anymore. Anyone else feel this way since 1.4?
Yes, me, too. Stun Wars has always been an issue, but after 1.4 I had several warzones in which my char didn't even make it close to the turret/door/hut areas for the whole time. Where is the point if you do not even make it to the objectives. Or even to the direction of the objectives. I finally quit PvP for good. Now I enjoy the PvE-part again. 3rd day without PvP. I feel much less anger and negativity.

Ryvirath
10.01.2012 , 09:06 AM | #6
If you don't want to be CCd play a sniper.

stuffystuffs
10.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by revcrisis View Post
Valor 90 marauder here. I've fiddled with rage before and while it is a definitely fun spec to play, the amount of focus fire you take goes up significantly. The reason most likely stems from the fact that you're literally in everyone's face and trying to get that smash to hit a big group. When I see a few people clustered together, I'm gonna go right into the middle of them trying to get my smash to hit all. Consequently, the 3 in the cluster are going to "target closest target" and focus fire you.

As annihilation, i definitely play more strategically. i look for the low HP targets on the edges of the nodes and pick them off first. I rarely go into a group of players and try to take them all down. Living on the edges of the firefights aren't something that rage players can do because it wastes a smash. I think the sound of the smash also has something to do with it. It's a pretty frightening sound and when you see a big 6k flytext come off you, you're gonna target the guy who did it and kill him before he can do it again. Definitely a lot of getting stunned, popping undying rage every 45 seconds, and getting a smash off before dying, rinse, repeat.
That's been my experience too.

My Mara is Carnage and I typically play as you play your Anni. Playing my Rage Jugg, it's tempting to dive into a larger crowd to get more smash damage...but yeah, I found myself getting stunned/dying a lot more (Rage Juggs don't even have the defensive cooldowns that Maras do).

Granted, I typically do more total damage on the Rage Jugg but die a lot more. Regardless, I prefer playing my Carnage Mara.
Node guarder

DarthOvertone
10.04.2012 , 02:00 PM | #8
To be honest, I haven't noticed much of a difference on either of my melee toons in regard to CC/Stun frequency since 1.4. It's about the same as it has always been except now the Resolve bar doesn't fill as fast. It's the life of a Melee toon. You are doomed to suffer the CC plague.

Comparatively, playing my Sniper and Vanguard are like playing in heaven. It's amazing how often these classes are just left to pew pew without any interruption or resistance.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Andrew_Past
10.07.2012 , 02:53 AM | #9
This is why I love my Vigilance Guardian.

(I still do well with it, despite Focus being the "PVP spec.")
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Meleemadness
10.07.2012 , 11:17 AM | #10
funny the mention on stuns....i posted in another thread about what is the new FOTM and said it doesnt matter with all the stuns that fly around.

Resolve is pure BS and does nothing to help. The only way resolve works is if you have a tank guarding yhou and sever healers spam healing you. The game is designed to suck $%^&* and it does that very well.

Like someone already said, it is Stun Wars, not Star Wars.