Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Hole weekly

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Javaans
10.02.2012 , 07:02 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
I love how they fixed the spawn rates to accomodate more people, and then removed the reason for them to be there.

Keep up the great work, Bioware!
lol true

MidichIorian
10.02.2012 , 07:05 AM | #42
I couldnt find anything in the patch notes about this but it really is gone. Like, what the hell?

I guess I don't have to sit through the 5 minute loading screen to Corellia anymore. Yeah I was too cheap to buy the insta-transport thingy on all my alts.

And what happened to Lost Island/KuS? No more comms there either.

Makes me wonder if this game is some psychological experiment so see how much crap we can take.

Pirana
10.02.2012 , 07:29 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Makes me wonder if this game is some psychological experiment so see how much crap we can take.
The 'man' is watching us all! Keep an eye out for black helicopters and vans.

The BH Weekly quest is bugged. There's a number of threads in the CS section regarding this, albeit not confirmed, other than the paying customers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=538895
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Skallgrimson
10.02.2012 , 07:35 AM | #44
Really need an official reply on this...
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise... seek what they sought. -Basho
Captain Egil Skallgrimson, SWG Veteran, /secretsmugglerhandshake
Owner/Operator of The Jester's Mask, Einjeriar

MarsherMeow
10.02.2012 , 08:00 AM | #45
Looks like the weekly Rakghoul conflicts is gone to.

aeterno
10.02.2012 , 08:14 AM | #46
I fully expect BH comms to no longer be awarded for LFG daily completions soon.

It's obvious they erred with the concept in a gear progression game such as this and are now double backing. I got decked in roughly campaign equivalent set by never seriously doing the highest difficulty ops, just BH dailies I used to strip out the 61 mods and put them in my rakata. Bam, BIS for PVE up to 1.4. I didnt get one campaign drop and I'm doing TfB hardmode with my guild when the standard pve dps is MIA and I'm not busy pvping lol.

It was and is obvious to me that this was borked from a raid progression standpoint.

Now if you want to raid at the top level you have to grind out the lower tiers as is the norm in these games.

Sambril
10.02.2012 , 08:24 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I fully expect BH comms to no longer be awarded for LFG daily completions soon.

It's obvious they erred with the concept in a gear progression game such as this and are now double backing. I got decked in roughly campaign equivalent set by never even doing the highest difficulty ops, just BH dailies and I stripped the 61 mods and put them in my rakata. Bam, BIS for PVE up to 1.4. I havent got one campaign drop and I'm doing TfB hardmode with my guild when the standard pve dps is MIA and I'm not busy pvping lol.

It was and is obvious to me that this was borked from a raid progression standpoint.

Now if you want to raid at the top level you have to grind out the lower tiers as is the norm in these games.
That may well be true, but this is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Top level gear has moved on, it is now Dread Guard and Hazmat, both only available from the latest operation - there is no Hazmat commendation. Where is the harm in letting people easily gear up to a standard necessary to run the latest operation on hard mode?

Other games routinely do this, yet BW seems to be doing the opposite. The only mistake was introducing the Black Hole commendation system too early - now is the time it should be available, yet they are cutting down on the ways you can accumulate them.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

Talliara
10.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Not really, so many players can already craft the bh mods / armorings / barrels / hilts etc that shutting down the way to get bh comms is pointless now (at least for this tier of items). Anyone with credits can get those items off the GTN for no effort.
All this change does is give an advantage in game to those of us who RE'd the items when the comms were a lot easier to obtain, while newer players will face a very long grind to get to that point. (crafting professions for new players to make lvl 50 items becomes worthless as older players are flooding the market with lvl 61 items they can't craft for a long time).

If it was a new tier of items (such as the dread guard/hazmat) then it would be understandable and a good change, but the way this was done - a stealth nerf without any mention in patch notes that I could see, just makes no sense if it's not a bug.

aeterno
10.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
That may well be true, but this is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Top level gear has moved on, it is now Dread Guard and Hazmat, both only available from the latest operation - there is no Hazmat commendation. Where is the harm in letting people easily gear up to a standard necessary to run the latest operation on hard mode?

Other games routinely do this, yet BW seems to be doing the opposite. The only mistake was introducing the Black Hole commendation system too early - now is the time it should be available, yet they are cutting down on the ways you can accumulate them.
True.

P.S. removed false assumptions

Costello
10.02.2012 , 09:00 AM | #50
Would like an official word on is.

It seems a very small thing to take out given its 6 coms a week while nice for people that don't like doing Ops. As it stands most people only use Group finder for the black hole coms and if they are taken out nobody will probably use it and if they do the wait will be a long long time.