Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No text

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baconslayer
09.30.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
With my first login since 1.4, I have no text in game. There is no text in the menus, on my skill buttons, or on players/npcs. I haven't adjusted any settings, and have been running the game fine since launch. Although with no text, I can't verify my settings. I wasn't able to to find any other posts about this issue, is there a way to fix it?

Laevena
09.30.2012 , 08:18 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Baconslayer,

Please trying using the Repair button to see if the issue persists.
To do so, log into the launcher and select "Repair" from the cogwheel menu in the bottom left corner.

Please let us know if that works.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Baconslayer
09.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #3
I did try the repair feature, and there was no change.

Skylerr
09.30.2012 , 05:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Baconslayer View Post
With my first login since 1.4, I have no text in game. There is no text in the menus, on my skill buttons, or on players/npcs. I haven't adjusted any settings, and have been running the game fine since launch. Although with no text, I can't verify my settings. I wasn't able to to find any other posts about this issue, is there a way to fix it?
Woah, that is a weird problem!

Did you try resetting your graphic settings in your NVIDIA/AMD control panel? I wonder if something is being forced that is incompatible with something new in the engine.

I'd try updating your graphic drivers next if it persists.

You could also try deleting your config folder (or renaming temporarily) and then relaunch to let the game rebuild the files. I would treat this as a last resort because you will lose ALL of your config settings (including UI setup).

C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\SWTOR
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)