Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't get past a boss, advice needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can't get past a boss, advice needed

simplius
10.01.2012 , 09:27 AM | #11
good luck

devs should know better than that,,missons like this should have been in endgame

as it is here it will only make casuals quit the game

i dont wanna do the "boss dance" before end game, so if u put it in, at least be smart

and put it in where players dont have to do it, and where players usually appreciate the challenge

in end game

Otembe
10.01.2012 , 01:52 PM | #12
As a counterpoint, I actually like challenging content throughout the game, even if it has me scratching my head for a day or two. It would be a shame if Bioware started nerfing Flashpoint encounters and significant story chapter climaxes out of a misguided belief that trivialized content is everybody's idea of fun. I believe that the level cap is a little late to start learning one's class, spec, and role.

Congrats on beating that encounter, OP! I hope you got a feeling of having mastered your Inquisitor a little more because of it! Now when somebody asks how to do it, you can be the one to teach.

Darth_Vicente
10.01.2012 , 02:51 PM | #13
Like everyone has said, use interrupts when she uses her attacks. Also, use Heroic Moment: Channel the Force. It gives you a periodic health boost, removes the cooldown on electrocute--- and if you've finished chapter 3 on another character, lets you use a Legacy Power.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

lanawinst
10.01.2012 , 11:31 PM | #14
@Infalliable
Yep it really is all about interrupts with bosses. Whirlwind is a really useful cast and i use it a lot to take a boss/elite out of the equation when it is surrounded by other lower foes. That is a nice way to get rid of them and then tackle the boss/elite solo, which is way easier.

@Otembe:
I must say that I felt good about doing it by myself, and I do know better how to use my abilities: I have my interrupts on the bar from the highest cooldown to the lowest, so that you can launch the longest first then the second etc. But overall, I think you really have to find out what works for you. And since you can't block it all, you have to recognize which ability is the must-block, but it can deviate from player to player, for example, blocking this particuliar boss AoE didn't work for me, I had to focus on blocking the healing and escape the Aoe, and let my companion die.

But, I also can say that I knew already the tactics before since it wasn't the first boss encountered, but it was more about being able to apply it, and I have a hard time doing what i'm planning to do with the interface, maybe because i'm not used to fps and such and that i only played games where I could pause and reflect on what I'd do next. And also, even if I felt good about getting out by myself of a difficult fight, and a end chapter boss SHOULD be difficult, there's something about being too difficult. I think that 10 more beat and I would have probably quit it for something else (especially since I tried it first at level 32, got my *** kicked, and didn't see that much of a change 2 levels after, so I was starting to feel like I couldn't do it). And since something difficult for me is not difficult for someone else, what I really miss is the option to put an easy mode for players like me (and an hard mode for people who think it's not challenging enough). I know, it's an MMO and PVP, which I don't plan to use at all, can't allow that. One more reason i don't really like MMOs i guess^^.

ishbindeinvater
10.02.2012 , 05:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
No- it isn't, especially if you haven't kept Khem geared. I had a much easier time with it on my sorc because I'd already leveled a 'sin to 50 and knew what to expect. The first time around I must have wiped five or six times before finally getting through it alive. It's for that very reason that I'll assist anyone who asks for help with that certain boss (if I'm on DK and see someone begging for help on general chat- and it seems like there's always someone begging for help with that fight).

Congrats OP- keep it up with the interrupts and you'll be fine
bad to hear that you also had some troubles. maybe its because i play mostly PvP and there you need a lot of movement and good interrupting skills, so this boss was rather easy for both my sorceror and my assassin. i didnt die once. its really ONLY about interrupting and you wont take high damage. no matter how badly geared khem val is. i guess i could tank that boss with khem in damage mode (with my assassin) just with using the interrupts and all of the defensive skills, 1 potion and that 2 minute CD defensive skill every class has. maybe i wouldnt need all of that either. overload, electrocute, jolt and good movement should be enough.
ICH BIN DEIN VAAAATEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!

Ashaari
10.02.2012 , 07:44 AM | #16
All end Tier 1 bosses are about interrupting primarily and also use of LoS where practical.

For that particular boss I struggled with when to use the interrupts most effectively, during her offensive casts or healing casts. It was a long time ago now, but I think I used them for breaking her heals.

That particular fight is the hardest for the Inquisitor class at any level during the levelling process (in my opinion), so once you are past it you should find nothing quite so challenging again.

simplius
10.02.2012 , 08:45 AM | #17
ok u like a challenging game,,look at the subs and count how many agrees

the game was designed to keep the hardcores from ripping through it,,which they did anyway

not for the fun of casuals, but a game of this size need casuals to get money

now ure sitting in a narrow game that is dieing

Meepbot
10.02.2012 , 09:16 AM | #18
Its fine, a lot of people have trouble on this fight I typically save stuns/overload for interrupting while my real interrupt is on CD, so doing that should help a lot
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

lanawinst
10.03.2012 , 11:13 AM | #19
Quick note to confirm what have been said earlier. After that fight it gets way easier. I rushed through the end of act II (mainly because act I felt like it would never end) and the boss at the end was very easy compared to this one. I was way under-leveled this time and had no trouble killing it. Felt good moving on to the rest of the story without having to grind through boring kill this/fetch this quests to level up

DLBoyd
10.03.2012 , 02:32 PM | #20
As general rules for tough boss fights...
- Make sure your armor is at 100% (doesn't need repair).
- Use the highest level stim (and carry a few extra) for your main stat to give your toon a little extra boost.
- Make sure you have the best medpacks available for your level
- Unless your companion is the healer, send them in first and wait a second so they get aggro.
- If you have a 'cleanse' and the boss puts dots/stacks on you or companion, make sure you use it.
- use the interrupt if you have one.
- If there are weaker adds (npc's that help the boss), kill them first. If you die, they don't respawn immediately and the boss won't have their help for rounds 2 or 3 (usually you should repair after 3 or 4 wipes).
- If you have a CC, use it. You might need to disable your companions AoE to keep them from breaking the CC though. Make sure the npc (or boss) you use it on doesn't have the boss immunity to cc (stun).