Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51: How do you get him on hoth

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
HK-51: How do you get him on hoth
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MandalorianOsevn
12.19.2011 , 03:26 PM | #1
How do you get the quest to to build HK-51? I was told part of it was beating foundry i beat foundry and malgus said he was "salavageable" and thats it no special HK parts dropped or anything(if there are any). Ifound the ship that contains him but theres a red barrier so i need a quest to get in. question what npc has the quest and where can i find him.
UPDATE BELOW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a theory but with the evidence i have im pretty sure this how you get HK-51 the bad news is you have to be Level 50 to get him, let me break this down into something that makes sense and is understandable.

The Foundry: after being the foundry flashpoint and defeating HK-47 malgus claims to takes the remains to get HK-47 for himself because he can be "rebuilt" also take note that this flashpoint is empire and republic.

The Fatality Crash: this is gome to HK-51 in the codex it says the crash was full of HK-51 droids in the game when you visit theres a red barrier that blocks you from going in (because you dont have the quest) the quest exsist we dont know where.

The quest to get hk-51 involves you getting parts to build him so we need a piece to start out with right? there must be a quest to recieve his pieces so we can get the quest this quest is empire and republic as well

[SPOILER ALERT BELOW]

This part IS theory but it makes sense. In the flashpoint "The False Emperor" the Republic and Sith must defeat Darth Malgus. in this flashpoint malgus rebuilt HK-47 again and like foundry you have to beat HK-47 after this final defeat its most likely you recieve his remains. This flashpoint is Level 50 for both the republic and sith.

My theory and conclusion

all these that i mentioned above make sense in the way they fit each other foundry led to hk remains being built by malgus only to have you fight him again at the level 50 flashpoint since malgus is gone and the most powerful hk assassin droid laying scrap who will take the reamins? you of course! you then go to hoth where you find someone or something who knows how they can use the "hk parts" this will then have you travel around hoth to get the final pieces to make the bonus companion.
'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds. - HK-47 Kotor2 Squadran 11-11-11

andrewtwofivetwo
12.19.2011 , 10:05 PM | #2
i think you just gotta do your story
http://dragcave.net/image/1C4RM.gif

click it so i may teach it to love

Wajin
12.19.2011 , 10:35 PM | #3
The questlines begin with

Empire: http://www.torhead.com/mission/9PS3YB7
republic: http://www.torhead.com/mission/8E7VMls

at the crash site there is a red gate so you cant enter without the quest.

I've finished the hoth quests and never found the quest giver (its a droid) and since its a level 40 quest i doubt you need to do the bonus series.

i found general varkun a bit to the east, near the medical droid. for the empire quest.

So yeah, i don't think it's ingame yet, the droids sending you to the crash site are as far as i know not ingame yet. And i could not find the droids on online databases,

on a sidenote, if i'm correct he also wasn't available on the beta.

JoltRoGuE
12.20.2011 , 11:08 PM | #4
Where did you find the ship? I did foundry, I'm level 47 and I've been looking desperately for a confirmation that he's even in the game. I've wasted 2 days on this now ><.

Just found the ship, still no entry available. Doing the bonus quest now.

MandalorianOsevn
12.21.2011 , 10:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JoltRoGuE View Post
Where did you find the ship? I did foundry, I'm level 47 and I've been looking desperately for a confirmation that he's even in the game. I've wasted 2 days on this now ><.

Just found the ship, still no entry available. Doing the bonus quest now.
so did you find it?
'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds. - HK-47 Kotor2 Squadran 11-11-11

A_Reaver
12.21.2011 , 04:45 PM | #6
edit: --
Imperial Medic

Cainan_Scar
12.21.2011 , 08:01 PM | #7
Anything new on this? I'm on Hoth right now, don't want to miss this.

JoltRoGuE
12.21.2011 , 09:15 PM | #8
I finished Hoth bonus quest, there's no quest attached to that ships area. Also I can't find GA-01 droid. I even offered a 100k bounty on him.

Adanus
12.21.2011 , 10:23 PM | #9
yeah. were is that droid, searched an hour for him

JoltRoGuE
12.21.2011 , 10:40 PM | #10
Would be nice if we could get some SWTOR admin to confirm that they didn't take him out of the game. Feel like I've wasted several days. I gave up.