Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashed to desktop since 1.4

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moriganno
10.09.2012 , 01:04 AM | #51
It's kinda obvious they have not fully optimised 1.4 patch, but had to rush it to meet the release deadline with WoW's Pandaria expansion to meet the needs/compete

I'm a WinXP 32 bit user too, and getting screwed over by the random crashes. It messed up my PC a bit. thats for sure.

TMar
10.09.2012 , 01:14 AM | #52
I don't understand where people who have never had a problem prior to 1.4 and the only info we get is run system tests. I've been crashing several times a day since 1.4 and always at loading screens. The same loading screen where now, again since 1.4, the UI has been hanging around for several seconds after the loading screen pops up. Playing since beta weekends and never had a CTD until 1.4 and all you want us to do is run system tests the never fix nor find anything wrong. Try looking at you code and not at my system.
There is no suggesting, there is only trolling
There is no discussing, there is only trolling
There is one constant, there is trolling
****All for a Tor server named Bria.****

optimusnl
10.09.2012 , 02:51 AM | #53
I used to love Swtor untill things went downhill. Ever since 1.4 i got problems which i never had before.
Even Beta Swtor was 100 times better then this.

If it wasnt for my friends and my guild i wouldnt have resubbed my account. I did it for them not for this game but im running out of patience. Because of your crashes i spend allot of times rebooting my computer and more and more i get the urge to go back to my former game World of Warcraft. Its Bioware/EA to blame this game got so many negative feedback.

This will be my last resub to the game unless you fix the game im litterly sick of it . I rather play a game where im not crashing 10 times a day and spend most of my time rebooting my computer then playing swtor in this state.

Like many others before me would say : Tortanic.. well deserved name

DharmaPolice
10.09.2012 , 04:02 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezra View Post
For all you poor folks out there like me, i can with a degree of certainly assuming the following for a majority of you:
I agree with most of your points - they definitely match what I've experienced. In particular:

Quote:
1. You are running a 32 bit operating system. I have 2 systems, a slower laptop with 64bit, and a desktop with 32 bit. the laptop never crashes. both have 4gb of ram.
2. You probably have 4g of ram.
3. Deleting the diskcachearena file does nothing.
4. You can rezone an average of 6 times, or load characters ~6 times.
10. Chances are you occasionally hear a sound "hickup" shortly before the crash.
11. It doesn't matter what your doing, or where you are, it feels completely random.
These are all very much true. I've not had so many performance issues generally - i.e. slowdowns that others have noted but otherwise your list is spot-on.

Quote:
This all points to improper usage of memory, as is present by the crash logs in event viewer. I would venture a guess that either a memory leak, not unloading resources, or poor handling of loaded resources, is causing the excessive amount of ram usage to throw it to disk swapping, is the ultimate reason for the crashes.
This would be my guess too.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

Kyneris
10.09.2012 , 09:56 AM | #55
I'd just like to say that I too am seeing / suffering from pretty much everything that Nezra discribed in this post in the previous page.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Nezra
10.09.2012 , 10:30 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

In addition to the troubleshooting steps posted previously it may be worthwhile doing a clean boot of your system to see if there is some software loading at boot time causing the issue. Clearly this issue does not affect every player so we will try to help players get in-game without waiting for a patch based fix.

Please perform a clean boot of your system (XP) / Win 7 & Vista and then play the game and report back if the issue remains.

@Kateplay: Your support request ticket is in the appropriate queue and will be attended to as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
See #9. Clean boot performed, as was minimalizing hardware, reisntalling etc. Please feel free to contact me, or have one of the dev's do so. As CS appears to be unable to review the content and the issues is affecting a significant portion of the players, i'd be happy to provide details, logs, and the like.

Oh, i believe i already did. and yet, still, the same responses. Please feel free to provide a more diverse solution, while i remain postitive that the placebo effect is still not working. Please, i implore you, have a dev stop in, and provide details on how the memory issue being the root cause is or is not a fault of the software, and not our hardware.

Neoforcer
10.09.2012 , 12:05 PM | #57
Software crashes are 100% caused by the software vendor If these condition are known to be true. Stable system running other software no bsod or application hanging other then the vendor that your having the issue with. Meaning if your pc is stable in windows doing other things and running other games that use the same visual basic c++ and directx.. With all drivers and software that is up to date

Then bioware broke there software with a patch. The software vendor will insist that it something on your end because we never make mistakes.

njsam
10.09.2012 , 01:45 PM | #58
I boot multiple Operating Systems on the same computer. On W7 64-bit, I never crash to desktop. On W7 32-bit I crash to desktop every 1 to 2 hours at least (after 1.4 patch). I'll try running the game under Vista 32-bit and post back.

Neoforcer
10.09.2012 , 02:20 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by njsam View Post
I boot multiple Operating Systems on the same computer. On W7 64-bit, I never crash to desktop. On W7 32-bit I crash to desktop every 1 to 2 hours at least (after 1.4 patch). I'll try running the game under Vista 32-bit and post back.
Have a dual boot my self of 32 and 64 both crash the same

beshannon
10.09.2012 , 02:31 PM | #60
I can only tell you my situation

I just upgraded from a Radeon 6670 (with no problems) to an Nvidia GTX 550 ti and increased my ram to 16gb. I am running the 295 drivers and have no issues with all setting on high. Very pleased with this card and the performance.

I had a bit of stuttering on the first day of the patch and it went away by itself.