Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashed to desktop since 1.4

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ryancrutchfi
10.14.2012 , 06:49 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

@Sydler: Please find a file called client_settings.ini, by default this file is found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

Please change the following lines to read as follows and then save the file and restart the game:

RefreshRate = 60
FullScreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false

Also make sure that the height and width settings match NativeHeight and NativeWidth.

Let me know if the problem continues.

@zeuklie: Please run Fixlauncher and then Repair as follows:

Run FixLauncher.exe
This will not affect any game client files you have already downloaded. To run this repair tool, double click on the FixLauncher.exe file located by default in one of the following locations:

For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Run repair
Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If this does not help then download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yeah ...um...did what you said and went from getting one dc every 20 or so minutes to every 5-7 minutes now. I have had a total of 65 server dc's since the first....on a custom built pc....thats saying something.....I am truly out of options other than find another game. This one is stressing me out way too much. I'll check back in another month or 2 and see if the forum says its fixed

Neoforcer
10.14.2012 , 07:18 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

@Sydler: Please find a file called client_settings.ini, by default this file is found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

Please change the following lines to read as follows and then save the file and restart the game:

RefreshRate = 60
FullScreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false

Also make sure that the height and width settings match NativeHeight and NativeWidth.

Let me know if the problem continues.

@zeuklie: Please run Fixlauncher and then Repair as follows:

Run FixLauncher.exe
This will not affect any game client files you have already downloaded. To run this repair tool, double click on the FixLauncher.exe file located by default in one of the following locations:

For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Run repair
Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If this does not help then download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Nice fix tired and crashed with in 3 min after loading. It amazing that there suggested thing to try make it even worse. Grated there patch last Friday did help a little for me but did not fix the hole problem

Neoforcer
10.14.2012 , 07:19 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by ryancrutchfi View Post
Yeah ...um...did what you said and went from getting one dc every 20 or so minutes to every 5-7 minutes now. I have had a total of 65 server dc's since the first....on a custom built pc....thats saying something.....I am truly out of options other than find another game. This one is stressing me out way too much. I'll check back in another month or 2 and see if the forum says its fixed

Sorry to here that the more BW sits on there hand the more that leave this game soon they will be down to one server like SWG was.

Henu
10.14.2012 , 07:31 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Sorry to here that the more BW sits on there hand the more that leave this game soon they will be down to one server like SWG was.
Um SWG had a few servers.. they only cut down for the last few months of game play for the ending.

But back to topic, i too am getting the crashing it seems every time i......
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Henu
10.14.2012 , 07:31 PM | #105
Sorry i crashed.

Every time i load into a new........
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Henu
10.14.2012 , 07:33 PM | #106
opps crashed again.

Every time i load into a new map. its really frustrating when playing on a big map like Tat or Alderaan coz.....

Henu
10.14.2012 , 07:34 PM | #107
damn it! again..

Because those maps are longer to load in.

SEE thats how frustrating the crashes are BioWARE

Cerimon
10.14.2012 , 08:25 PM | #108 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Neoforcer and Henu,

Please confirm you have completed the troubleshooting steps I have outlined in post #40 of this thread.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Foobert
10.15.2012 , 04:12 AM | #109
I don't understand why we are still guessing that there's a memory leak. Run the game with task manager open on a second monitor and you will see the memory use of swtor.exe balloon from 700MB to 1.2GB and then it hits 2GB or 3GB (depending on your windows setup) and crashes to desktop, as the 32 bit application becomes unable to address any more memory. If you use a utility like Memory Cleaner and have a very large pagefile you can forstall this for a while as the utility will keep trying to page out to disk and keep the heap under 2-3gb, but unless your PF is on an SSD, you will notice the hard drive churn and the game lag until it becomes somewhat unplayable anyway. Certain maps cause a faster ram exhaustion than others. The open world ones in particular appear to be worse than the city maps (Tatooine or Taris vs. Coruscant or Nar).

natashina
10.15.2012 , 05:31 AM | #110
Yesterday I installed W7-64, and had to reinstall ToR due to the OS upgrade. Those are the only two things I've changed. Since then, the stuttering has stopped(both graphical and audio,) and I was able to play for over 5 hrs with no issues. That included a lot of zoning in between planets, and it ran very smoothly. I personally thought it was worth the effort and I hope some of the other posters feel the same.

It's not a fix that I think players want to hear, but W7-64 and at least 4 gigs of RAM (which I have until I can get another stick,) should be on the minimum requirements. As much as I appreciated the advice the mods tried to give us, nothing at all worked right until I did that.

So please BioWare, consider making W7-64 mandatory. I imagine it would be easier than trying to fix memory leaks every other patch.