Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashed to desktop since 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashed to desktop since 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baalzamon
10.13.2012 , 10:47 PM | #91
The crashes have been really bad after patch 1.4.
I had to restart my comp wrong 4 times now im gonna wait to play until they fix this.

Darth-Rammstein
10.13.2012 , 10:58 PM | #92
I'm going to have to cancel my subscription. Your post 1.4 stuttering and crashes are terrible. I'll come back if you ever fix them but at this rate you'll be rolling out 1.5 bugs before you ever found a solution to the current ones.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

zeuklie
10.14.2012 , 04:09 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor

From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.

Please report any success or lack thereof after doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.
After I deleted this "DiskCacheArena" I can't log-in to play anymore.
My game craches after the loading and can't enter character selection.
I tried the scan and repair on the launcher but it helps nothing. Now I'm trying to re-install the game to see if I can play again or not.

Morpurgo
10.14.2012 , 09:00 AM | #94
My sub runs out today and I'm not gone resub since they have done nothing to fix or even acknowledge this massive memory leak they have. Rebooting every 90 min is no way to play MMO.
Bye bye.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

Sydler
10.14.2012 , 10:00 AM | #95
I agree I have the same problem and have been seeing likewise posts. After I hit (play) the games black screen appears then crashes with no message as to why. I've updated graphics card drivers/windows 7 64x. I've Uninstalled/Reinstalled, Did the repair, but nothing has helped. Since I'm not alone on this it has to be a gaming issue right?

Sydler
10.14.2012 , 10:03 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydler View Post
I agree I have the same problem and have been seeing likewise posts. After I hit (play) the games black screen appears then crashes with no message as to why. I've updated graphics card drivers/windows 7 64x. I've Uninstalled/Reinstalled, Did the repair, but nothing has helped. Since I'm not alone on this it has to be a gaming issue right?
Brewhaha-Fatman-Balls of steel

Nomad_Zero
10.14.2012 , 10:33 AM | #97
I too have similar issues. I can play for about 2 hours and then the game will begin to lag and eventually crash. Ive tried all of the troubleshooting thats been recommended to no avail. Based on the threads its blatantly obvious the fault is with the patch. Ive only been playing about 3 months but Im considering not resubbing my subscription because of this.

In one post the instructions stated to delete the 'diskcachearena' file from the C:/Users/Swtor folder. Then I see another post which says there is another 'diskcachearena' file located in C:/ProgramFiles/Swtor (these arent the full locations for those of you reading, I didnt take time to write down the full location path). I now delete both of these files before starting the game, play for about 2 hours, either crash or quit out to restart (which by the way, when I quit out, 75% of the time it crashes anyways and I have to 'end process' from the task manager).

You have added into the game options for moods and nicer shadows... in my opinion, the swtor community could care less about these two things. We want you to fix whats broken, FIX THE PROBLEMS before adding new stuff in. Fix the black eyes in the portraits, fix the companion lightsabres staying visible when they sheathe it or when you dismiss them, fix the host of other things reported by the community!

Ive seen numerous posts where people are not continuing their subsciptions because of the problems. Wake up, you are at the helm of a sinking ship. Stop trying to steam ahead and patch the leaky holes before the we go under!

Sincerely,
a troubled customer

Baptes
10.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Kateplay View Post
no I am the same got mine very high and it still crashes all the time
Same here upped my virtual memory, still crashes.

I've also noticed it using the CPU pretty hard. Don't know if that's normal for games as I've never had to go to this much trouble with any other game to try to find out what's wrong.

Neoforcer
10.14.2012 , 03:50 PM | #99
The funny thing is they want to say not every one is having the issue since we only see a few complaints on the forums. Yet you read fleet or talk to player in game and there pc also crash they just don't go to the forum to complain.
What gonna end up happening is player will unsub leave the reason as to crashing game client that may get there attention

Cerimon
10.14.2012 , 04:25 PM | #100 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

@Sydler: Please find a file called client_settings.ini, by default this file is found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

Please change the following lines to read as follows and then save the file and restart the game:

RefreshRate = 60
FullScreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false

Also make sure that the height and width settings match NativeHeight and NativeWidth.

Let me know if the problem continues.

@zeuklie: Please run Fixlauncher and then Repair as follows:

Run FixLauncher.exe
This will not affect any game client files you have already downloaded. To run this repair tool, double click on the FixLauncher.exe file located by default in one of the following locations:

For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Run repair
Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If this does not help then download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support