Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:TCW "Revival" discussion

fellblade
09.30.2012 , 07:36 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I've never seen Sidious dual wield before so that will be interesting. I'm betting he will beat them handily. He should. After all, he did beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.
Sidious Dual Wielding should be Very impressive indeed

I think as part of Maul's final trial he had to fight Sidious and gave him a decent duel - but lost of course .... and in all Honesty Sidious probably was mainly testing Mauls Saber duelling skills (Which Sidious has always thought highly of) - and Held back from going all out to kill him (because he actually didn't want to at this time......)

As for the Luke Skywalker vs Sidious stuff - it's not really G-canon or how Lucas says would have done things -

So in the Cartoon The Fight I guess it will be as good as (long as) what is needed for Lucas to be satisfied that it will be Exciting enough for the viewers....and long enough to showcase some of Sidious' (and Maybe even Maul's)skills..... (seeing as Maul was considered one of the most exciting fighters in the movies - hence him being ressurected - which we all know was a marketing stunt.....)
Besides, I don't think Sidious would have taken Maul as an apprentice if he could beat him in a couple of Seconds - That would not have been good enough to challenge the Jedi (especially for a Banite Sith).....

This is an exciting fight for me - as Maul and Sidious are two of my favourites..... (although ultimately - Maul should probably have stayed dead) and they should have made Savage Opress more independant/intelligent/cunning if they really needed a Maul 'Fix' for the series....
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Aurbere
09.30.2012 , 07:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Sidious Dual Wielding should be Very impressive indeed

I think as part of Maul's final trial he had to fight Sidious and gave him a decent duel - but lost of course .... and in all Honesty Sidious probably was mainly testing Mauls Saber duelling skills (Which Sidious has always thought highly of) - and Held back from going all out to kill him (because he actually didn't want to at this time......)

As for the Luke Skywalker vs Sidious stuff - it's not really G-canon or how Lucas says would have done things -

So in the Cartoon The Fight I guess it will be as good as (long as) what is needed for Lucas to be satisfied that it will be Exciting enough for the viewers....and long enough to showcase some of Sidious' (and Maybe even Maul's)skills..... (seeing as Maul was considered one of the most exciting fighters in the movies - hence him being ressurected - which we all know was a marketing stunt.....)
Besides, I don't think Sidious would have taken Maul as an apprentice if he could beat him in a couple of Seconds - That would not have been good enough to challenge the Jedi (especially for a Banite Sith).....

This is an exciting fight for me - as Maul and Sidious are two of my favourites..... (although ultimately - Maul should probably have stayed dead) and they should have made Savage Opress more independant/intelligent/cunning if they really needed a Maul 'Fix' for the series....
Sidious was one of the best Lightsaber duelists ever so it will be interesting to see him fight someone not 'at' his level, but up there in skill.

As for the Sidious-Skywalker duel. It's not G-Canon, but nothing in the EU( besides TCW) is G-Canon. Everything not pertaining to the movies or TCW is C-canon so it is canon. But GL would have taken the EU a whole different way. I can say that I would have too, but I'd keep the Thrawn books.

Maul is also one of my fav Sith due to his use of the Saberstaff. But I do think he should have stayed dead.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vepariga
09.30.2012 , 09:25 PM | #33
Great Episode,loved every moment of it. Obi wan duel was great and it was good to see Maul and Savage get messed up when things got sour. The final scene with Palps was awesome too. cheeky bastard.

yoomazir
10.01.2012 , 06:50 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
But GL would have taken the EU a whole different way. I can say that I would have too, but I'd keep the Thrawn books.
If I remember correctly, Timothy Zhan was handpicked by GL to do SW novels, so those novels are definitely canon (this is also where Lucas found the clone troopers inspiration).

KingKolKappi
10.03.2012 , 08:35 AM | #35
Is there a reason why that female jedi was sent instead of Anakin or Mace. The council including Obi wan should have known she would of been outclassed by them and useless in a fight. Yoda knew Obi wan was no match for Sidious so they should of known Adi would of just got herself killed

BrandonSM
10.05.2012 , 03:12 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by KingKolKappi View Post
Is there a reason why that female jedi was sent instead of Anakin or Mace. The council including Obi wan should have known she would of been outclassed by them and useless in a fight. Yoda knew Obi wan was no match for Sidious so they should of known Adi would of just got herself killed
She was a Jedi Master..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Beniboybling
10.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KingKolKappi View Post
Well this is blatant sexism

Aurbere
10.05.2012 , 03:49 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
She was a Jedi Master..
This made me think of some shifty looking dude darting his eyes back and forth as he says it.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
10.05.2012 , 04:30 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well this is blatant sexism
I don't think that poster meant that in a sexist way, just describing Adi...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Beniboybling
10.06.2012 , 01:19 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
I don't think that poster meant that in a sexist way, just describing Adi...
I know, but the way he said it was funny. I almost expected him to finish with 'Adi Gallia get back to the kitchen where you belong!'

Seriously though, Adi Gallia is not a weak and useless Jedi, she's a member of the Jedi council.